Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Osvaldo Martinez

Featured Replies

I've been looking around, and I can't find a single thing telling me what the plan is for Ozzie. He has a great arm, good OBP, and last year in AA he had a solid BA. In his 43 AB he hit .326, I think he could be more then an Amezega. I was thinking a second baseman of the future. To be fair, i only have his stats if someone could tell me his scouting report, or tell me what a realistic celling for him is, that would really help.

He is currently one of our Top 10 prospects and he will start and most likely leadoff in AAA to maximize his ABs and showcase his skills. He will get a shot this year. He could be a future starter- he plays good D and always has good, solid ABs. He's better than Robert Andino I believe.

Short term he plays in NOLA this coming year and is called up as an injury replacement, long term you package him in a trade for pitching.

I've been looking around, and I can't find a single thing telling me what the plan is for Ozzie. He has a great arm, good OBP, and last year in AA he had a solid BA. In his 43 AB he hit .326, I think he could be more then an Amezega. I was thinking a second baseman of the future. To be fair, i only have his stats if someone could tell me his scouting report, or tell me what a realistic celling for him is, that would really help.

 

Personally, I still think Chris Coghlan is the 2B of the future once he gets voted off Project: Centerfield, but Martinez projects to be an above average glove at both middle infield positions. He's a slap hitter who realistically could average around a .275/.325/.400 in the bigs. His BB rate spiked last year, as well as his overall stats, because he was gifted a preferential lineup position in Jacksonville in front of Stanton for 2 months, so he probably slightly over achieved there. But at the same time, you can't knock him for taking advantage of the situation. He did do well in his September call up too, so he could be a late bloomer. You never know. With his defense, he would be a pretty solid starter at 2B even at a low .700 OPS. If he wants to hit .300, he'd probably creep to a .750-.775 and be really really solid. He isn't going to develop into a Martin Prado, but he could be an Omar Infante.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets starts early in 2011 if Dominguez cannot handle 3B, whether it's at 2B or 3B. I don't think the Marlins are going to trade him for pitching as some said, and he has at least 2 option years remaining. It's in our best interest to see what we got. If Coghlan does miraculously figure out CF, Martinez could see a lot of playing time at 2B if the Marlins don't resign Infante or another FA in 2012.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.