Marlins merchandise...

gatorfish1987

Has there been any word on when we will see more merchandise with the new logo. I am eagerly awaiting some of the Nike BP apparel and other things that we had this time last year. The t-shirts are okay, but I am waiting for the nice stuff. Any word on when we will see more?

The Marlins need to win some games before someone will take the risk of making more items. If they make a lot of stuff, and the team flops, then they are stuck with a lot of stuff they can't move. The Marlins, despite having one of the budding superstars in the game in Mike Stanton, don't have a single player in the top 20 in jersey sales. Atlanta has Heyward at 12, Nationals have Strasburg at 13 and Giants have Posey at 19.

Hopefully Reyes & Stanton make that list after this year is over. If Hanley has a rebound year, perhaps he breaks into that list, but a lot of baseball fans really don't like him, despite what some of the more delusional people on this board believe.

Its a fact of life, the Marlins are the red-headed step child of MLB, and will remain so for the immediate future. If they win this year and make it to the playoffs - there is a chance they can improve that. But there are a great many fans around the country and baseball experts that are convinced that MLB would be better off with no Marlins and some think that there should be no Rays either. That MLB should just come for Spring Training and then leave Florida until the next February. Many are actually rooting for the Marlins to flop and hope & pray (and expect) the attendance to not increase after the 1st week of games.

I understand some of the hatred, especially if I was a lifelong Cubs fan and experienced the heartbreak of 2003. But the other fans, it just baffles me why they have this merciless loathing of the Marlins and can't make enough jokes about us, or our attendance. Tampa Bay, Kansas City and Pittsburgh all get a pass and have attendance not much better than us, so I just don't get it.

Has there been any word on when we will see more merchandise with the new logo. I am eagerly awaiting some of the Nike BP apparel and other things that we had this time last year. The t-shirts are okay, but I am waiting for the nice stuff. Any word on when we will see more?

The Marlins need to win some games before someone will take the risk of making more items. If they make a lot of stuff, and the team flops, then they are stuck with a lot of stuff they can't move. The Marlins, despite having one of the budding superstars in the game in Mike Stanton, don't have a single player in the top 20 in jersey sales. Atlanta has Heyward at 12, Nationals have Strasburg at 13 and Giants have Posey at 19.

Hopefully Reyes & Stanton make that list after this year is over. If Hanley has a rebound year, perhaps he breaks into that list, but a lot of baseball fans really don't like him, despite what some of the more delusional people on this board believe.

Its a fact of life, the Marlins are the red-headed step child of MLB, and will remain so for the immediate future. If they win this year and make it to the playoffs - there is a chance they can improve that. But there are a great many fans around the country and baseball experts that are convinced that MLB would be better off with no Marlins and some think that there should be no Rays either. That MLB should just come for Spring Training and then leave Florida until the next February. Many are actually rooting for the Marlins to flop and hope & pray (and expect) the attendance to not increase after the 1st week of games.

I understand some of the hatred, especially if I was a lifelong Cubs fan and experienced the heartbreak of 2003. But the other fans, it just baffles me why they have this merciless loathing of the Marlins and can't make enough jokes about us, or our attendance. Tampa Bay, Kansas City and Pittsburgh all get a pass and have attendance not much better than us, so I just don't get it.

This is not a issue of performance. I am simply inquiring as to if we have heard when there will be more merchandise available. The same type of merchandise that was available for the FLORIDA marlins. Every team gets this apparel and it is just a matter of time before the Miami Marlins get them as well. I am just wondering as to when and if anyone has heard when.

http://shop.mlb.com/...7067722430-1063

Thanks, but I have checked the Marlins shop. The only thing they have is Majestic T-shirts right now for Miami Marlins apparel. I am hoping they post some new stuff soon that is more of the performance apparel either from Nike or Majestic.

For some good alternatives for the "rainbow" new era caps, check out shoe gallery in downtown Miami (corner of ne 1st ave and 3rd streets. they have the fitted new era caps in all black, all white, black and white, um hurricanes colors and dolphins colors. Unfortunately, they've sold out of the teal and blacks with the new logo.

I'm guessing ur not in Miami but if anyone is, the Marlins en Miami store has plenty more than the online shop. I stopped by the other day and noticed a good number of things that I've never seen anywhere else, online or not.

I figured this was potentially the case. I am hoping the online store catches up soon because I would love to buy my fair share of Marlins gear, but I don't really like what the online shop is offering. I want some Nike Dri Fit stuff like the batting practice shirts. Hopefully this changes soon.

Nike doesn't wait to see if teams win before they start making merchandise......Majestic probably has the temporary exclusive prior to the other companies releasing their product.....

Nike doesn't wait to see if teams win before they start making merchandise......Majestic probably has the temporary exclusive prior to the other companies releasing their product.....

That may be but as far as I know some items just haven't released yet for the year. I don't believe the gamer and heavy team jackets have been released for anyone yet.

As for the Nike dri-fit undershirts, I'm seriously hoping the pro combats aren't 50.00. That's a little crazy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.