10 Team Owners fans would Like to sell their teams. Surprise

AeroFishOne

Yahoo had this article and I am generally surprised of our omission. I figured Yahoo, would jump at a chance to criticize the Ownership. Surprisingly they didnt. Maybe some are finding that Loria isnt such a Bad owner after all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/ten-baseball-owners-fans-see-sell-teams-222200486.html;_ylt=AsCzM2FLGv3Vf456nF8rXLsRvLYF

Guest Guest

I'm not sure why you would be surprised. Yeah, Yahoo in particular has been very unkind to the Loria regime, but that's mostly because of the alleged shenanigans surrounding the franchise/ballpark finances. That doesn't really have any negative impact on the fan's perspective right now. Even Yahoo cannot rationalize the Marlins fanbase wanting Loria gone after he brought in Reyes and nearly brought in Pujols.

While Yahoo has been unfair, their attacks have been pretty direct even if they've been misinformed. According to Yahoo, Loria is the enemy of the Miami taxpayer, not the Miami Marlins fan.

Guest Guest

Passan or Brown would've had Loria on that list. Those are the two yahoo writers who generally write negative articles about the Marlins.

I sincerely doubt that.

What's there to doubt? Any time these two writers even bother to write an article about the Marlins, it's 99% of the time insulting the fan base, ownership, and the way the team has conducted business.

Guest Guest

Read what I wrote in my first post in this thread.

Passan is misinformed about the stadium/team financing but that has been the target of his attacks. Not even he could justify Loria being bad for the fans after the splash he made in the FA market.

Passan even praised a couple of the signings the Marlins made. It was either Reyes, Buehrle, or both.

He gives the perception that he trashes everything Marlins, but if you look closely it's only in certain areas.

Guest Guest

Here it is:

If you're going to overpay, you overpay for upside. Offering $111M for Jose Reyes is a bold move by the Marlins, and I like it. A lot.

and

I absolutely adore the Marlins signing Jose Reyes.

Again, Passan has some misinformed beliefs, but you need to look at what his real beef is with the team.

The majority of what Yahoo post is negative. Yeah there has been a handful of nice comments but they still try to find something to bash us on. They could have very easily turned it around, that Loria desigined the Logo "monstrosity", that he denied us a more competitive team by keeping the revenue sharing money, that we have had multiple managers in limited amount of years which was the criticism a year or to ago. Yahoo has proven to misconstrue the facts or are just plan ignorant about them.

When the site has bashed the Marlins for basically ever aspect of the team and fans, I and others tend to take a realistic approach at what will come from them.

Here it is:

If you're going to overpay, you overpay for upside. Offering $111M for Jose Reyes is a bold move by the Marlins, and I like it. A lot.

and

I absolutely adore the Marlins signing Jose Reyes.

Again, Passan has some misinformed beliefs, but you need to look at what his real beef is with the team.

Passan would have made it about how Marlins fans know he's just pulling the wool over our eyes and the money out of our pockets, or something to that effect.

Guest Guest

What justification could they possibly give for a Marlins fan to be displeased with the Loria ownership?

The stuff the Yahoo gets pissed about works in favor of the Marlins fan.

Guest Guest

Passan would have made it about how Marlins fans know he's just pulling the wool over our eyes and the money out of our pockets, or something to that effect.

Well, he didn't. He's really providing no reason for the fans to be pissed. The Miami taxpayer is a different story.

Well, he didn't. He's really providing no reason for the fans to be pissed. The Miami taxpayer is a different story.

Passan didnt write the article, it was Duk.

Guest Guest

Passan didnt write the article, it was Duk.

I'm not talking about the article. I'm talking about Passan's comments on the Reyes signing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.