Lo Viste is spreading

I was watching the Giants game last night and thought I saw Melky doing the Lo Viste. I was at a bar and thought I was just drunk and seeing things, but I just looked it up and apparently it has spread to the Giants

The San Francisco Giants are the latest team to mock the Marlins’ Lo Viste salute. But this time it was all in good fun.

Before Thursday’s game, Angel Pagan and Melky Cabrera of the Giants told their friends – Jose Reyes, Emilio Bonifacio and Hanley Ramirez of the Marlins – that they planned to do the Lo Viste salute during the series at Marlins Park.

It didn’t take long.

Pagan was seen laughing and flashing the two-finger salute over his eye at his hitting coach after collecting a big hit in Thursday’s game.

Reyes, who was Pagan’s teammate with the Mets, said he got a kick out of seeing his friend do the Lo Viste.

“That means they like it,’’ Reyes said.

http://blogs.palmbea...-to-the-giants/

This was posted four days ago so apparently I'm late on catching on to this. Though the article did say they planned on doing it the Marlins series, I guess they've kept up with it.

I'm trying my best to spread the Lo Viste phenomenon across on these shores

Which sport? The Lo Viste started because you can't high-five your teammates when standing on the bases after a hit. The only remotely similar situation is when someone hits a good shot in cricket, but the batsmen always have time to meet for a fist-bump between deliveries (pitches).

Which sport? The Lo Viste started because you can't high-five your teammates when standing on the bases after a hit. The only remotely similar situation is when someone hits a good shot in cricket, but the batsmen always have time to meet for a fist-bump between deliveries (pitches).

I'm talking more when pictures are getting taken on nights out when I'm steaming in pubs/clubs......

I'm talking more when pictures are getting taken on nights out when I'm steaming in pubs/clubs......

Ah -- I get it -- more like the Pulp Fiction dance sort of thing... :)

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/movies/pages/pulp-fiction-dance-contest-scene.shtml

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.