Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should we play with the roof open more often?

Featured Replies

What was the point of a retractable roof that added a ton to the cost of the stadium, if we're just going to keep it closed?

 

 

So we don't have rain delays and for burning hot and humid games.

He's asking why didn't we just make it a dome. And it's a good point. I doubt that roof will be open anywhere above 15% of the time during a season.

 

Oh i looked at the wrong side of the spectrum.

 

A dome would be too restrictive in the long run because they wanted to use it as a multi-function place for concerts and other sporting events.

I doubt the stadium will be used for much more except baseball. It's too small for any other kind of marquee event.

 

I'm just repeating what has been said about it in the past by the city and the marlins as far as it being used for other functions.

It was really nice in there Monday night. Great breeze. And once I saw the highlights on TV, it did look better. But why not take it a step further? I think we should use it to our advantage. I bet if someone checked, with the roof open there are less dingers. So on nice evenings and/or when teams come in that are sluggers, open it. Home field advantage for a team that was built on pitching, speed, and defense. Can't see how it would be any different than growing our IF grass a little longer.

 

But day games???? Can't even believe anyone would be for that. Wasn't that one of the excuses for not going to the games at Joe Robbie? We're already having an attendance problem. Check Sunday's Palm Beach Post for proof of that.

 

 

At this point, I dont consider it an attendance problem since we were getting around 30.000 before the Nba Playoffs. The Heat are taking alot of the Fanbase away at this point every other night

 

You should read that article I referenced. It has to do with the first 30 games of new park openings.

 

I did read the article and my opinion still stands. Even the article mentions the possibility that the playoffs have affected the opening. Are attendance for the month of April was in the 30000 range pretty mch every game untill the playoffs started.

 

Here's the link to the article for anyone that wants to read it.

 

http://wap.pbpost.co...ntguid=eCkzHsek

 

You are entitled to your opinion. But anyone that uses the NBA playoffs as an excuse is kidding themself. Just like all the excuses for not going to the games at Joe Robbie, it's pretty lame.

 

There are 4 mil +/- in South Florida. Technology allows us to go to one event and watch another while there. Are you trying to tell me that many people are at the Heat games, home and away? Or are you guys trying to tell me the South Florida fan base isn't smart enough to do 2 things at once? Do you all think that once the NBA playoffs are over the attendance numbers are going to jump all that much? I doubt it. What I don't doubt is that the excuse givers will zero in on one or more "reasons."

 

I'm not bitching about the attendance right now. It's a huge improvement. But let's not kid ourselves.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.