Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disco down, JT back up

Featured Replies

Realmuto is a good defensive catcher and a solid hitter.He needs to stay in the big leagues this time.

 

I agree, although I'm not sure Realmuto is major league ready at the moment. Let's remember that at the moment Realmuto is really just the contigency plan for Salty in the event of some eventual decline or an injury. Realmuto's a very nice prospect and could easily turn into a starter at some point, but I'm don't think Realmuto's potential should stop this team from keeping Salty for the full three years of his contract unless something out of the blue occurs. Even at Realmuto's full potential, I don't know if he's all that much better than what we'll get from Saltalamacchia. When we're talking two, three years down the line THEN I believe the discussion about a Realmuto/Barnes/whoever emerges) debate goes into the full force, but for now the team should be fine with the Saltalamacchia/Mathis tandem.

 

Although the likely scenario is Loria doesn't want to pay Salty midway through next year and he's traded at the deadline 2015, pushing Mathis into the starting spot with Realmuto to take over in 2016. That's really what I expect to happen given the team's past habits.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.