The Indians' Forum apology

Ramp

Congratulations to Patty on being the first person to decipher the hidden message in last nights CIR Update!

The first clue hidden within the text was the last sentence of the third paragraph which read...

"A source close to the Indians says that it was the first letter which indicated whether or not Guerrero was serious about playing in Cleveland."

The second clue was the exclamation point "!" at the beginning of the last paragraph.

Taking the above into account, you find that the first letter of each paragraph spells out...

J U S T K I D D I N G !

Apologies to those who feel they have been hood-winked. A tip of the hat to those who have now deciphered the hidden clues. In an offseason where the highlight is shaping up to be claiming Cliff Bartosh off waivers, I hope we all enjoyed dreaming a little, even if it was for only one night.

But, alas, Vladimir Guerrero has less chance of being a Cleveland Indian than I do of, well, being a Cleveland Indian. After all, I'm a lot cheaper and can make the pivot at second base. But if it does happen, you heard it here first ;-).

bad move on this guys part

Congratulations to Patty on being the first person to decipher the hidden message in last nights CIR Update!

The first clue hidden within the text was the last sentence of the third paragraph which read...

"A source close to the Indians says that it was the first letter which indicated whether or not Guerrero was serious about playing in Cleveland."

The second clue was the exclamation point "!" at the beginning of the last paragraph.

Taking the above into account, you find that the first letter of each paragraph spells out...

J U S T K I D D I N G !

Apologies to those who feel they have been hood-winked. A tip of the hat to those who have now deciphered the hidden clues. In an offseason where the highlight is shaping up to be claiming Cliff Bartosh off waivers, I hope we all enjoyed dreaming a little, even if it was for only one night.

But, alas, Vladimir Guerrero has less chance of being a Cleveland Indian than I do of, well, being a Cleveland Indian. After all, I'm a lot cheaper and can make the pivot at second base. But if it does happen, you heard it here first ;-).

bad move on this guys part

Actually I thought it made for some interesting conversation in the thread until, as all threads relating to Vlady do, it got hijacked. You have to give the guy credit, he put alot of effort into this hoax, it wasn't your usual "Pudge signs with Cubs!!" quickie BS post. I can understand why some might be offended but at least he was creative in his deception.