Question about signings..?

flasportsfan88

are we allowed to talk about the A-Rod deal in this Marlins forum? do you guys think that it will get done? i feel like the two teams have come way too far to let a few million bucks break this deal.

first it was ARod, then it was Pudge....pretty soon, we won't have to worry about Scott Boras anymore, b/c teams will refuse to negotiate with him - it's pretty much a death sentence. Just look at Texas. I wonder if any of Boras's free agents have been signed yet. Pudge, Millwood, Maddux....they're all still out there, if anyone's looking to pay through the arse.

the only 5:00 deadline today was the manny/a-rod talks

tomorrow is the last day for FAs to accept or reject arbitration offers from their former teams.

saturday is the last day for teams to give contracts to arbitration-eligible players... otherwise, they have to decide to nontender the player or let him go to arbitration.

are we allowed to talk about the A-Rod deal in this Marlins forum? do you guys think that it will get done? i feel like the two teams have come way too far to let a few million bucks break this deal.

first it was ARod, then it was Pudge....pretty soon, we won't have to worry about Scott Boras anymore, b/c teams will refuse to negotiate with him - it's pretty much a death sentence. Just look at Texas. I wonder if any of Boras's free agents have been signed yet. Pudge, Millwood, Maddux....they're all still out there, if anyone's looking to pay through the arse.

Interesting point on BorASS, I've noticed a growing trend with a lot of his clients not re-signing with their current team; it seems that the only time they go back is with arbitration, Boras really might be driving himself out of the "super" agent category because he's usually disregarded now because of the outlandish claims he makes when negotiating (Pudge "had" a 4 year $40 mil offer and Milwood had a 5 year $55 mil offer...). To me, teams seem more willing to negotiate with the Levinsons and Arn Tellum...

Interesting point on BorASS, I've noticed a growing trend with a lot of his clients not re-signing with their current team; it seems that the only time they go back is with arbitration, Boras really might be driving himself out of the "super" agent category because he's usually disregarded now because of the outlandish claims he makes when negotiating (Pudge "had" a 4 year $40 mil offer and Milwood had a 5 year $55 mil offer...). To me, teams seem more willing to negotiate with the Levinsons and Arn Tellum... Hey, it worked well with Castillo!