Political Response to My Letter

fishfan46

I've actually been really amazed at three things about the letter I wrote a few days ago: 1) That the politicians are actually writing back, 2) That they all have very band sentence structure and capitalization issues, 3) They all love blue colored font. Well here is each response, take them as you will.

Subject: RE: Marlins Stadium

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:51:32 -0500

To: "James Willoughby"

You need to talk to Alex Penelas he is the one that promised the stadium but for your information the Marlins

don't have a way to come up with the money they promised and they are not willing to scale down on their

needs for the stadium and by the way Major League is also not willing to put any money in or guarantee the

loans.

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:07:07 -0500

CC: "."

Urge your County Commissioner to allow the people to vote (decide) this matter.

To: "'James Willoughby'"

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:17:34 -0500

Let me remind you that I have been consistent from day one about my opposition to using public funds for the stadium. I did not ham it up for the cameras and make promises. I don't blow with the wind. Thanks and have a happy holiday season.

To: "'James Willoughby'"

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:17:34 -0500

Let me remind you that I have been consistent from day one about my opposition to using public funds for the stadium. I did not ham it up for the cameras and make promises. I don't blow with the wind. Thanks and have a happy holiday season.

Wow a politician who doesn't BS you

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:51:32 -0500

You need to talk to Alex Penelas he is the one that promised the stadium but for your information the Marlins

don't have a way to come up with the money they promised and they are not willing to scale down on their

needs for the stadium and by the way Major League is also not willing to put any money in or guarantee the

loans.

Wow... impressive sentence. :unsure :

what were your original emails like?

Here is the original email for those who didn't see it in previous posts. Looking back it was a bit on the harsh side, I had just gotten back from a holiday party and had had alittle eggnog, but hey I guess drunken letters to politicans is better then Joe Namath on Sat. Night with his whole "I wanna kiss you" to Susie Kolber.

Dear Sirs,

From reading the papers, I can see the writing on the wall that there is no way the Marlins will be getting a new stadium. I guess some of the fanfare and limelight have died down, and since there isn't a nice little parade, and a TV camera in your face for a nice little sound bite, you have no real obligation to help out a sports team that unlike others in this area, seems to have kept their word about keeping a competitive product in order to secure a stadium deal, unlike others in the area. I find it really ridiculous that the city of Miami was all too willing to dole out money to build a stadium not two city blocks from the perfectly good stadium it was replacing. By the way, I am still waiting for the soccer fields and park that was going to be built by the arena. Now do not get me wrong, I see the issues with public financing, but the problem I have is the fact that when the cameras were on at the end of the season, you were all too willing to make promises and statements like "If we build it will you come?" but now you have done a complete 180 when it comes to financing. Shame on you Gentlemen, shame on you for hamming it up to the camera for votes, for needlessly inflating the hopes of the Florida Marlins organization, and true baseball fans and VOTERS.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Registered Voter

what were your original emails like?

Here is the original email for those who didn't see it in previous posts. Looking back it was a bit on the harsh side, I had just gotten back from a holiday party and had had alittle eggnog, but hey I guess drunken letters to politicans is better then Joe Namath on Sat. Night with his whole "I wanna kiss you" to Susie Kolber.

Dear Sirs,

From reading the papers, I can see the writing on the wall that there is no way the Marlins will be getting a new stadium. I guess some of the fanfare and limelight have died down, and since there isn't a nice little parade, and a TV camera in your face for a nice little sound bite, you have no real obligation to help out a sports team that unlike others in this area, seems to have kept their word about keeping a competitive product in order to secure a stadium deal, unlike others in the area. I find it really ridiculous that the city of Miami was all too willing to dole out money to build a stadium not two city blocks from the perfectly good stadium it was replacing. By the way, I am still waiting for the soccer fields and park that was going to be built by the arena. Now do not get me wrong, I see the issues with public financing, but the problem I have is the fact that when the cameras were on at the end of the season, you were all too willing to make promises and statements like "If we build it will you come?" but now you have done a complete 180 when it comes to financing. Shame on you Gentlemen, shame on you for hamming it up to the camera for votes, for needlessly inflating the hopes of the Florida Marlins organization, and true baseball fans and VOTERS.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Registered Voter Bravo!, Bravo!! :arms :arms ... I glad to see that some fans understand how serious these real is..People need to know your NOT supporting so much a new stadium, but the Marlins survival as a franchise in this town. I can't believe there isn't more out cry over these...The deal, I've read is NOT one-sided toward either side the city/county or the owner. But people though want to sit there and say WHY is this guy being trade? or WHY aren't we doing more? I wish you could understand what an incredible market this would be "IF" the Marlins had the funds to play...I've talk to agents, who'd tell me there client would love to play in south florida BUT...I even get the feeling they would even take a lower market value just to play here. I have a dream :confused

You need to talk to Alex Penelas he is the one that promised the stadium but for your information the Marlins don't have a way to come up with the money they promised and they are not willing to scale down on their needs for the stadium and by the way Major League is also not willing to put any money in or guarantee the loans.

Politics is all about talking trash about those who oppose you... Can they get it together and do something for a change???? :banghead

As for Penelas, I feel sorry for this dude. If this stadium deal doesn't get done, he is politically doomed.