28 Man Playoff Roster

I'm pretty sure the playoff roster will be announced shortly... any predictions on surprises? Any tough decisions that we think may need to be made?

I'd assume these 25 players are locks...

SP: Alcantara, Sixto, Pablo

RP: Kintzler, Boxberger, Garcia, Hoyt, Bleier, Vincent, Stanek, Rogers

Catcher - Alfaro, Wallach

IF: Rojas, Anderson, Aguilar, Cooper, Berti, Chisholm

OF: Marte, Dickerson, Brinson, Joyce, Harrison, Sierra

So that leaves 3 more spots and I'd assume the likeliest options would be from Castano, Garrett, Neidert, Tarpley, Vesia, Cabrera, Lewin Diaz, and Jesus Sanchez.

Any guesses or wishes on the last three spots?

Edit: Just to close out what I was trying to guess here... Nick Vincent got cut from my supposed locks and Lewin Diaz was a surprise addition to the bench. Tarpley Neidert and Garrett all made the bullpen as well.

• SilverBullet changed the title to 28 Man Playoff Roster
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Urena is on the taxi squad... hmm, I wonder why? I wonder if this is some kind of courtesy for him to be able to be at the games instead of being sent home due to injury.

Roster was locked in during final week of season so they couldn’t replace him on it anyway. 

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Roster was locked in during final week of season so they couldn’t replace him on it anyway. 

That's true. There's probably still some way around that though because he is physically unable to play, say there were multiple injuries to guys on the taxi squad, there has to be a way to get more guys in if needed.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

He may not be available to pitch until game 3, he threw 96 pitches 3 days ago so it'd be a waste of a roster spot.

To be honest, Stanek is also a waste of a roster spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1