Heat March to the Playoffs Thread

jonnylons

I wish there was a message board, much like this one, dedicated to my other favorite team - the Miami Heat. I dont know how many of you out there are Heat fans, but damn it - I am going to talk about them anyway.

Odom has been growing up all season - looking more mature and more like a leader with every game under his belt. He has quietly been putting together an all-star caliber season. Dwayne Wade, in any other season, would be hands down the Rookie of the Year. And despite all the injuries and just plain bad luck, the Heat have been able to put together a respectable season with a chance at the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but I think if the Heat can get into the playoffs and be healthy - with their starters ready to play - this team can have a good shot at reaching the Eastern Conf. Finals and possibly beyond.

This thread is an awesome idea jonnylons

It's funny because I was thinking the same thing with the message board - I was actually thinking about making one myself but I wouldn't have the money and experience that goes with it. I would love it though.

As much as I love the Fish and baseball, the Heat and basketball have always been my first love.

I'm so excited about this playoff run jsut because I've never experienced the Heat in the playoffs and I've never experienced actually watching them play worthy games in March and April.

As much as I wanted Elton Brand in the offseason, I'm so glad we got Odom now. No telling what Brand might have brought but at this point, it doesn't matter. Wade has been amazing, Caron has contributed, Skip has helped us so much. I can write a whole book on this but I'll stop.

Let's go Heat!

• 2 weeks later...

Big win over the Nets last night. (Sorry, I have been away from this thread for a while). We are playing really well right now and moving up the chart. Cavs only got one less loss than us.

If we can keep winning and stay healthy AND continue to gel, we will be a force come playoff time. Caron had 18 last night and that is encouraging considering it was against New Jersey. If he can get healthy and 100%, we have, I feel, the best starting five in the East. Odom is playing out of his mind right now - and he is playing winning basketball.

I am concerned with Grant. I think we should try and give Haslem some starts and bring Grant off the bench. Scale back his minutes a little - he seems like he is not 100%.

But so far, so good Heat fans...this team is looking better and better each week - and I thought they were very good before the season.

i dont think u should worry about grant's minutes cause it seems that every game hes in foul trouble. I think pat riley should try really hard to move grant n his contract this offseason. if he doesnt do it now, we'll be stuck with it for the next 3 years. Haslem has played out of his mind and could very well replace Grant.

Seeing the Heat back in the playoffs after a three year absence would be so awesome! This team has come back from the depths of the NBA from losing Alonzo Mourning to bringing up some young guns like Dwayne Wade, Caron Butler and Lamar Odom.

They may not be much of a threat this year, but the NBA should take notice that the Heat are on their way back!

As much as I wanted Elton Brand in the offseason, I'm so glad we got Odom now. No telling what Brand might have brought but at this point, it doesn't matter. Wade has been amazing, Caron has contributed, Skip has helped us so much. I can write a whole book on this but I'll stop.

Let's go Heat!

I would have rather have Brand any day of the week ... he is more consistent, doesnt smoke pot all day, and doesnt get injured.

plus that guaranteed 20-10 does sound neat.

but Odom has done a helluva job

Guest Juanky

Wow, I can't believe I didn't find this thread until now.

Anyways, Go Heat! I hope Skip stays as hot as he was against the Nets, it'll be huge if he can stay as big a part of the team as I root for him to be.

Right now, of the teams in the lower seeds of the East, the Heat, in my opinion, have the best chance of going deep into the playoffs. They have Odom, Wade, Jones who can all drop 20 a game, Butler, when healthy, has all-star caliber talent as well and Alston has been able to be very good night in and out. He holds the team record for 3pointers made in games in a row. He has supplied good ball handling and has not turned the ball over all that often. By the way, look at Wade's field goal percentage...if this team can stay healthy, they have some solid talent on the bench and strong starting core that can pose lots of problems for teams.

This is not to discredit the Cavs, they are playing good teams but not great teams. They have one 7 in a row though. April 9th and 10th they will play us - and by then, I think you will see a formidable Heat team.