Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just Win

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Just Win

  1. Vargas has Al Leiter syndrome out there. He will go 5 innings if lucky. 862683[/snapback] Al Leiter Syndrome is when you go to another team and kick ass...good lord..I still can't believe that.
  2. I will say this. He is all around that strikezone.
  3. 2 down guys...woo wooo
  4. Way to be Vargas!!!
  5. Oh, I think we all remember craig...
  6. Don't worry, Lowell will carry them tonight..he loves this park.
  7. hey...its not working..anywho, i'll be back on at 9:40
  8. I'm going to miss him..but lets just hope with the money they have let go by Mikey, that we can't get another power hitter...
  9. Well, I am ready for a big game by Mikey...he is due for one...
  10. Reading the one Lowell one.."Back...Back...Gone." :tissue 862471[/snapback] Okay.. You are really starting to make me cry.. Everytime I look at my Mikey Lowell bobblehead on the t.v it makes me want to cry.. Do I take it off when he leaves or do I leave it there? 862475[/snapback] Leave it..even though I do agree with the trade..I still love the guy.
  11. Reading the one Lowell one.."Back...Back...Gone." :tissue
  12. I was just thinking..I am 21..but I shed a tear when he is traded....sad..
  13. Holly's going to make me cry. Mikey :crying 862381[/snapback] me too...I hope he does really well tonight :crying 862455[/snapback] He will...
  14. This could be the last game of Mike Lowell. I never thought I would see the day when Mike would be traded..never..he is Mr. Marlin as far as I am concerned..sure there is Conine..but Lowell...after watching his 03 season...anywho Mr. Lowell even if you are traded before tommorows game...you will always be a Marlin in my eyes. You never wanted to leave here....even when things looked bad. Well Mikey..thank you for all that you have done..and when I do hear the news that you were traded...I will think of the pinch hit homerun against the Cubs in the NLCS in '03..and the 3 homerun night in Philadelpha...and the many other times I knew something great would happen when you came up...Mike Lowell, thank you for all that you have done for this team...every fan is forever in your debt sir...thank you..and we all love ya.. Just Win
  15. Pierre's batting average and OBP is the lowest it has ever been since he has been in the majors. 862070[/snapback] So he had one bad first half, big F'ing deal, that doesn't mean he's declining. JP has been hitting .333 over the past month, you need to put things into perspective here. Ichiro's batting average and OBP is the lowest it has ever been since he has been in the majors. I guess that means Ichiro is declining :plain. 862082[/snapback] Thank You :thumbup
  16. This deal will be a plus deal IF we are players on the free agent market. Getting rid of Burnett and Lowell's contract for a pitching prospect is worthless if we don't do something with the money. Here is what I suggest - 1. Make an offer of 4 years 20 million to Milton Bradley. He is young, a fine defender in the outfield, and is a very good hitter. I'm sorry, but I still think this team as is lacks power. An outfield in 06 of Hermida , Pierre and Bradley looks good. An Outfield of Hermida , Pierre and Bigbie or Conine WILL NOT take you to the playoffs. I'd much rather have Bradley then Enc , btw. 2. We still need a Starting RHP. I wouldn't trust more then 2 rookies in our rotation. The problem is that this is a weak starting pitcher FA market. The top two guys will be out of price range ( Burnett and Morris ) I wouldn't mind though making a 2 year deal offer to either Jeff Weaver or Tony Armas Jr. Both have good stuff, just have never dominated yet. They are around the age though where pitchers take off, and in a pitchers ball park like Joe Robbie, both could excel. 2006 - 1. Pierre 2. Castillo 3. Delgado 4. Cabs 5. Milton Bradley 6. Lo Duca 7. Hermida 8. AGon Starting Rotation - 1. Beckett 2. Willis 3. Armas Jr. 4. Olsen 5. Vargas Our farm system is also loaded with young pitching talent,something you can never have enough of. Penn, Johnson, Tankersly Allison , plus the 4 guys we took in the top 2 rounds in this last draft. We can flip some of those guys for a bat if we can't sign a Bradley in the Offseason. I think this trade to the O's signifys that we are looking toward 2006 now. Also, I would not be against trading a declining Juan Pierre to the Cubs if you could get a Ryan Harvey out of it. He is something our system is lacking - Power Hitting right handed outfielders. 862057[/snapback] Pierre, declining.... :blink:
  17. If this happens, the trade does nothing for us this season. I sure hope Jorge Julio pitches well out of the pen, because otherwise everything hangs on whether Hayden Penn pans out or not. I like Cabs getting out of left field, but I'd like it better if there was a good outfielder to replace him. Admin Bigbie?? 861952[/snapback] I think it does help. Think, Lowell hasn't been doing much, and Bigbie can hit better than Lowell, sure he can't hit for power that much, but he gets his bat on the ball, and he hits it hard, unlike Lowell. Penn is a decoy, I would expect him and Enc, and another minor leaguer...Johnson.. :whistle ..to be traded a few days after the trade of Lowell and Burnett for a power slugger, someone who can help us this year...remember we are getting Valdez back.
  18. I feel just a little bit better if Eric Reid is not included. 861946[/snapback] He is not included in the deal.
  19. i thought that the la trade was awesome, we got a catcher, a Rf and a quality set-up man/ closer for wat, a injuried pitcher and a first baseman with multiple holes in his swing. com'on that was awesome, imagine still having redmond/castro as our catchers? :Smash 861939[/snapback] i agree, if that deal was never done i think we would be worse off now than if we hadn't made that trade we would have a fringe catcher and no RFer.......but then again, maybe Hammer would have stepped in and put up mammoth numbers, ehy maverick? but you cant assume that, as far as i'm concerened the LA trade was great because it made us better today 861945[/snapback] I agree. Enc, has been our un-sung hero this year...but he has also been the scapegoat so many times as well. Mota...still good, but not what he was in LA, and LoDuca has been everything for this team...Mr. Clutch and all. So yes, I was all for the LA trade, and if this deal with the Orioles goes through, then I would have to say I like it as well, as I feel Penn would be on the outs as soon as he steps foot in Miami.
  20. how did he goof on vlad?? we couldn't offer him more than a one year offer, the angles could offer the money and years he wanted while also offering a low-key atmosphere we couldn't compete with that offer 861941[/snapback] Not sure if this is true, but hey...I think he would of signed here for less money....but don't quote me...
  21. when has he let us down. 861909[/snapback] :plain 861912[/snapback] He really hasn't.... 861913[/snapback] 2003-2004 offseason is exhibit a. 861915[/snapback] We offered Pudge a good deal, 2-20 million..can't argue with that..and we didn't think we could afford Lee, so we trade him for Choi. Choi doesnt work out so we trade him, and Penny and so forth for Mota, LoDuca, and Enc....so...what did he do wrong? Oh yeah...then we sign Delgado during the offseason.... 861922[/snapback] He made the Lee trade anticipating Pudge would sign, can't fault that, but you can blame his judgement. Guerrero begged to sign here, he didn't even call Urbina, and he got lucky with Benitez. Wasn't his finest hour, really... 861925[/snapback] and there's alot of us who didnt like the LA trade. also, 2003 worked out fine but he sold Millar(which was very odd at the time) and signed Todd Hollandsworth(who really isnt a starting player) 861930[/snapback] Yes true...I personally liked the LA trade..we got ourselves a catcher for one, and Penny...he is still just Penny. His one big goof is Vlad...I could of shot him for that one...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.