Everything posted by SilverBullet
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
Yes, at least publicly, Bendix has leaned on "we'll have Burger and Bell for a full season" as a crutch for why more additions haven't been made.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
I said many organizations don't have set schedules and you said a vast majority do have set schedules. Both statements are accurate and can coexist with each other. We're saying the same thing in different ways so not sure why my post was pointed out to supposedly be inaccurate. If I said many people in the world are left handed you can't just say "that's not true because many people in the world are right handed." This isn't some ground breaking concept either. Wtf man.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
For whatever it's worth, the explanation I heard about why the teal jerseys are out is essentially the same thing that Latimer said in the above tweet. So I'd imagine its got some truth to it and, more importantly, it's the agreed upon organizational stance when needing to explain the decision.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
What part of it?
-
A leak of the new jerseys
De Nicola on MLB.com says the road grays are still in the rotation.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
They should have used this style lettering with the white outline which would improve visibility and keep the cool look of the black on black...
-
A leak of the new jerseys
Yea but many don't or don't stick to them. The Marlins have been surprisingly consistent lately especially after years of disarray with their jersey schedule.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
Yes 2024 jerseys will be the first year with completely new jerseys, like the actual jersey structure itself. It's got some differences and I can't stand them. It's weird the changes they made.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
The ST jerseys counted but that's why the Marlins were over the limit last year, they had 6. Dropping the teal is what gets them down to 5. The difference now is that there isn't one designated as only ST/BP anymore. The new blue one can be used during the season and I imagine any can be picked as the ST/BP ones.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
The Marlins were over the limit that year so I'd be pretty confident saying that Nike was strongly suggesting they get back down to 5 total, I'm sure other teams were over the limit as well.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
What I heard, and based off that above teal tweet, is that the throwbacks are gone from the regular rotation. It's more likely that the road gray stays. Also the two new jerseys are only designated as alternates, nothing specifically about home or road but knowing the Marlins recent trends on jersey use, the team will come up with a schedule for them. Many don't realize that they've been so consistent with their jersey schedule the last several season.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
Jesus Sanchez, DLC, Tanner Scott, Okert, Puk... lmao I just realized I can't count, there were 5, not 6 lol my bad
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
Bleday was there last year. He was traded after the event but he was in attendance.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
I do think that franchise player thing is a tricky subject because the team has been mostly shit so besides just being cheap, it's hard to keep your best players when the team sucks. When the team sucks changes have to be made. So I'm saying maybe if we ever get that long run of sustained success that they always ramble on about then that time period in theory should give us a couple of franchise players. Think of all the players the Marlins have been able to give contract extentions to, they've all left because the team wanted to rebuild. Yes that's on the front offices but winning would definitely help the problem here.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
Seriously though, nobody saw Jazz, it could be a legitimate reason as someone significant was not there last year either if i remember right but someone needs to figure this one out.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
You're not understanding me. I'm SilverBullet from MB.com, everyone should already know me.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
The one thing Bendix repeated that did make sense even though we're all tired of it is that the offseason still isn't done and things are still being worked on. I still believe there's at least one significant trade coming and probably some fringe free agent signings. The roster is absolutely not set, I don't believe there's any chance that the roster we have today is the one they have at the end of March.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
Why would I have to do that? She saw me when she came to sit. How wouldn't she know?
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
And I was in that State of the Marlins thing and those are nice on paper and it's nice to sit there and hear it and I appreciate it but man they avoid any real questions, they purposely pick softball questions and if a serious question gets in, obviously Skip and especially Bendix know how to give those vague answers that ultimately say nothing. Also many people don't know how to ask good questions. Dumb questions like what do you plan to do with this team and obviously they just say create a winner. One good question was how do you replace Solers production but obviously Bendix just says we have a lot of great players still on the team and they'll all do great. Best question was someone who said she wants to be able to buy a Marlins jersey with a name on the back meaning someone who she knows won't be traded away in 3 years so when will we get that and Bendix was just like yea that's definitely a goal but we have to get there and so on.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
Lines were long for autographs but they almost always are. I myself never stand in those because who cares but I took my son so I had to do that for him, we stood about 90 minutes in a line but thankfully it was one with 6 players at the end so we got 6 autographs and got that all out of the way at once. There was no dugout and clubhouse walk through this year. Lame. There were a couple of those silly fun things like swinging in a batting cage that I put off because I knew the event was until 10, so at 8 pm I went to let my son hit in the cage and they closed it. Several activities ended at 8. I'm like how the hell you gonna close activities 2 hours before the event ends? So in that sense the event is until 8 because you're telling me it's until 10 but say it's 8:30 and I can't do certain things? Fireworks show was excellent, Caroline O'Connor walked in and sat right in front of me to enjoy the fireworks with her son which I thought was cool to see her get to enjoy that and I just thought it was cool to see her within the crowd probably looking around and proud of her work. But I was disappointed that she didn't turn around and ask for a pic or an autograph of me, the one and only SilverBullet, her son would have loved that so that was very rude of her.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
That's not your business, pervert.
-
Going to FanFest? Share your images from it
I definitely felt there was less to do. I felt the crowd was less and there was just less of a buzz. The scheduling definitely was part of that. It was still fine but it felt like I was back in the years where the team was God awful and nobody went to fan fest.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
Right now the black jersey looks unfinished, like when you're going to paint something and you put a white primer first and then you paint over it later... it looks like they made the letters white and then now need to go over with another color but they haven't done so yet.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
I thought of this too but that was actually a silver wordmark, they could and should have done that with this black jersey and it would have been a callback to this and it would have looked better if they wore it with the gray pants as the Marlins did in those years too.
-
A leak of the new jerseys
Ugh crap I just realized the new blue one isn't consistent with the other jerseys stripe pattern so now my point about consistent is out the window and I don't know what to say. That looks like an error. Weird.