Everything posted by CYmarlins
-
Fish claim Jesus Aguilar
- Fish claim Jesus Aguilar
I like it! This is a good pickup.- Jonathan Villar placed on waivers, should Marlins claim?
My only guess would be they didn't want to tender him a contract and pay the money. He has some good years in with the Brewers then one bad one but bounced back nicely. Would be good to have a 2B or around the infield. Honestly worth it.- Meulens accepts role on coaching staff
Well, at least we can close the thread now.- Marlins believed to have interest in Castellanos
How many teams are honestly front-loading contracts though? The last one I can remember was the Cardinals doing it with Johnny Peralta. It makes a heck of a lot of sense to do so but I just don't see them doing it.- Marlins believed to have interest in Castellanos
I just checked again and MLBTR has Castellanos at around 4 years / $58 million. Their predictions seem to be pretty accurate unless a team just grossly overpays. Castellanos is young at 27 and has a good bat but his defense is still suspect. Yeah, he improved in RF but teams are still valuing the defense. He is basically a poor man's JD Martinez right now and even then I don't know if that is a good comparison. I think that is a fair contract to offer him, I hope Berti pans out, even if they platoon him and Isan at 2B. But having a veteran that can play multiple positions in the infield and corner OF would be great. Wallach is the logical choice for backup but there are still questions on his concussions.- Howie Kendrick?
LMAO! Where is literal Larry when you need him!?- Howie Kendrick?
Curious to know what kinda contract you would offer him? I wouldn't go past 2 years and $16 million.- Heyman: Marlins scared off by Abreu's draft-pick attachment
Looks like we can close this thread now as Abrea has accepted the QO from the Whitesox.- Big trade possibilities
Sorry but no. Lindor, Betts, Bryant are proven MLB stars that have established their worth over the past 3-4 years. Isan Diaz, Caleb Smith or even Neidert were not top prospects. Marlins did a good job on evaluating talent and picking them up in trades but that was it. Smith has yet to put together a full season. He had a good first half but fell apart in the 2nd half. He would have to prove he is healthy and have a good 2020 season for his value to rise up again and even then him alone doesn't keep a rival GM on the phone. Any trade is gonna start with Bleday and Sixto for any one of these guys. I would pass on this honestly.- Meulens accepts role on coaching staff
Heard the Swings and Mishes podcast today where Craig Mish stated there is a very strong possibility Muelens will not be joining the staff. He will talk about it in full detail within the next 1-2 weeks when he is able to.- Marlins to avoid "real long deals"
What are they classifying as a long deal? I am assuming 5+ years? I agree that I wouldn't sign anyone for anything over 4 years. The only person I see them doing that with is Castellanos.- Heyman: Marlins scared off by Abreu's draft-pick attachment
I wouldn't sign him to more than 2 years honestly. 1B is a position that Garrett Cooper can play and even Cooper go play some OF as well.- Marlins believed to have interest in Castellanos
Agreed. I rather pay for Castellanos and the predictions have him signing for 4 years between $56 - $60 million. Paying $15 million for Castellanos would be just fine. He plays RF or 1B on this team if he gets signed. 2B and back up catcher are the areas I really wanna see get addressed.- Andre Fernandez's Latest Mailbag
Berti had a good year and would be perfect as a super-utility guy. If the Marlins don't sign someone to platoon with Isan Diaz then he would get the inside track. Otherwise, 400+ bats can easily be obtained in other roles he can fill.- Andre Fernandez's Latest Mailbag
Understood and appreciate you positing bullet points on this.- Andre Fernandez's Latest Mailbag
Can you post the article for us?- Marlins open to signing FA w/ qualifying offers
Yeah, you're right. I Overlooked that. IMO if the Marlins were to sign any two of Castellanos, Howie Kendrick, Avisail Garcia that would be a pretty solid offseason.- Andre Fernandez's Latest Mailbag
Does anyone actually have the premium subscription to The Athletic?- "We need to get better" - Mike Hill
Favorite part of the article is right here LMAO! Mike Hill's answers will always be vague the company policy was pretty much carried over from the previous regime. Tight-lipped on everything. Feels like the Yankees give Brian Cashman complete reigns in interviews. He really doesn't hold back when you ask him questions like these. Wish the Marlins would adopt that view, it would certainly be more engaging for the fan base.- Marlins open to signing FA w/ qualifying offers
I listen to the Swings and Mishes podcast when it comes out weekly. Mish is really open about his opinions. I am sure he will be surprised with the change of direction from the Marlins but I see him taking it in a positive stance.- James Rowson to be named bench coach and offensive coordinator
Many of us on this board want to see Brinson succeed. I hope Rowson could be the one to get him in the right direction. This season is pretty much it. Marlins gave him plenty of at-bats when he came back up after the callup.- Marlins open to signing FA w/ qualifying offers
Agreed.- Marlins open to signing FA w/ qualifying offers
Ozuna had a good 2014 and good 2017. The other years in between he had up and down halfs. IMO he woulnd't be the guy I give up the qualifying offer for. Castellanos or Rendon would be someone I would do that for.- Howie Kendrick?
The fact that the Marlins interest has already been reported is great would be awesome for him to play 1B/2B he would definitely get plenty of at-bats. It will come down more to playing for a contender and right now Washington still has the inside track. - Fish claim Jesus Aguilar