Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CYmarlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CYmarlins

  1. The Marlins stand nothing to lose by still offering Realmuto an extension. If he does in fact turn it down and just wants to be traded then so be it. But they will hold for the best offer. They got a good offer for Yelich, Brinson just had a bad year but it was still a good offer looking back at it now.
  2. That is very good money. I am just not in the camp of back loading the deal. So if they are gonna offer something like they pay him out right $20 million per year while you have the money.
  3. Honestly, if you really wanna generate some buzz I would start around the Winter meetings. You would definitely have a lot to talk about there.
  4. Not sure if you have heard Scoop talk about it, but it actually makes sense. If the Marlins offer an extension to JT then they are selling him on the point that they can compete within the next 2 years. You also gotta think the contract is gonna be for 4-5 years and buy out at a couple free agent years. I still don't think this team starts competing until 2021 which is year 3 of the contract. They need to clear all the money off the books and not jump the gun on this rebuild. They drafted some solid prospects but guys like Brinson took steps back when they were projecting to do a lot better.
  5. Would be nice to get a bonafide Shortstop along with a top of the rotation starter. We can sign a catcher to be a stop gap if Banfield projects to be a solid catcher.
  6. Unless an offer was presented and his agent isn't talking about I wouldn't read too much into it. Jeff Berry has the right to advise his client but at the end of the day the decision is up to JT. The Marlins have time to get together with JT and offer a fair market contract, which I really do believe they would do so. But if JT really doesn't wanna be here then of course trade him. No sense in even going year to year. His trade value is the highest right now. It will only go down once the season begins. The agent stepping in and speaking on behalf of the client is all reminiscent of the Yelich issue.
  7. Lame duck status!
  8. Yeah it was a good move and most definitely a step in the right direction. This off season has been off to a great start. Looking forward to the new Logo and the changes in the ballpark.
  9. Not sure if this was already posted in here.
  10. Would be nice to draft the collegiate players who are more closer to being MLB ready. Granted you draft the best player possible, but the higher school players are usually 3-4 years away minimum unless they are well advanced.
  11. He would definitely pursue the Cubs job if it became available. But he will more than likely command $5-6 million a year which is pretty much what Mattingly is making. Although I think it is more around $4 million right now. I just don't see the Marlins ownership spending that type of money on a manager right now.
  12. So how do these contracts work? Are they more of a signing bonus and he is still subject to the 6 years of control? Is his $5.5 million averaged out over the years? Never really understood how that worked.
  13. Shows their commitment to want to move the sculpture even if they were on the hook to cover the costs or not. I just hope the Lime green walls are removed.
  14. Thank you for doing this. Most definitely appreciated. I really like the Alternate jersey, reminds of the Futures game jerseys so to speak. One thing I do wanna say is Dimelo Miami had on their survey as to whether fans would want Miami or Marlins on the front. I definitely think they should stick with Marlins on the front for Home and use the Miami for the road. Just want to see how it would look with the script with Marlins on the front of the jersey.
  15. Clark Spencer keeps it real.
  16. Why not try to extend him? I honestly wouldn't do more than 5 years on that contract, but he is worth it IMO. If he truly doesn't wanna be here then we certainly work on trading him.
  17. Wow. Had no idea they didn't have a pending free agent. I think they should non-tender some players and like mentioned in that article they should cut ties with Dietrich and Straily. Their trade value is minimal and it doesn't make sense to commit another $7-8 million on those two players. Excited to see Urena, Alcantara, Caleb Smith pitch next year. You add Chen obviously and then you have other guys like Pablo Lopez, Richards and more. Their bullpen needs to be addressed along with their hitting. Brinson needs to have a bounce back year. Prado is gonna be back as well and more than likely at 1st Base. Anderson did OK at 3rd base but did incredible at RF defensively.
  18. Same here. I honestly don't want the pin stripes to come back. I think tweaking something like the 25th year anniversary and going somewhere in that direction would nice. I think many of us would like teal in some fashion. Them doing Throwbacks though is something we talked about for years, ala what the Diamondbacks are doing now on Thursdays.
  19. Looks like he will end up being converted to a second baseman down the line. I know more people are focused on the international money they acquired but I am hoping this guy pans out in some capacity.
  20. I do! Do you remember when we traded for Henry Rodriguez?? lmao
  21. Exactly! I don't agree with them sharing the stadium with the Marlins even in the interim.
  22. Yeah this teams doesn't need to be together another year. I really do hope they make a lot of moves at the deadline and are able to move anything that is of interest to opposing teams. Bour, Dietrich, Castro, Barraclough, Zeigler They should also really think about either taking most of Prado's contract for next year or just releasing him. Anderson has done a really nice job in the outfield but he is still better suited for 3rd base. Next year will just be another year for development and I don't see anything really progressing until 2020. I just hope Brinson turns it around for 2019. They should have demoted him months ago but now he is on the major league DL accumulating service time and not even playing.
  23. This is awesome news! Happy that Tommy Hutton is back! Even if he is in just a limited role. Very curious to know if fans were asking for Tommy Hutton to come back in the Dimelo Miami feedback.
  24. Ahh man! I hope he is signing autographs on Sunday as well.
  25. CYmarlins replied to Erick's topic in Miami Marlins
    So his defense was pretty damn good for the longest and lately, he has been having some lapses on the field. Still hitting under .175 on the season with plenty of at bats and off days. Hitting him 7th or 8th in the lineup isn't helping him much either in the NL.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.