Joe Girardi?

SilverBullet

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/10/21/report-joe-girardi-waiting-for-opening-with-cubs/

After he withdrew his name from both the Reds and Rangers managerial searches, the media is speculating that Joe Girardi is waiting for managerial openings in Chicago after next season...

But I know of another managerial opening slated for after the 2019 season as well.

Any chance Girardi is awaiting an opportunity down here?

So what then?  Michael Hill out after 2019 and Mattingly prompted to GM.  Collect Yankees to feed the narrative (which I can’t comprehend)

This one isn't so much about collecting Yankees as it is getting a guy who can do the job well. I think Girardi would do great down here and I brought this up because it wouldn't shock me if Jeter and Girardi already have a good relationship and I wouldn't be surprised to hear there's mutual interest in him coming down here. 

This one isn't so much about collecting Yankees as it is getting a guy who can do the job well. I think Girardi would do great down here and I brought this up because it wouldn't shock me if Jeter and Girardi already have a good relationship and I wouldn't be surprised to hear there's mutual interest in him coming down here. 

This post was a joke but my first one wasn’t.  I’m with you.  I would love Girardi to be the manager 

He would definitely pursue the Cubs job if it became available. But he will more than likely command $5-6 million a year which is pretty much what Mattingly is making. Although I think it is more around $4 million right now. I just don't see the Marlins ownership spending that type of money on a manager right now.