25th Anniversary Weekend is finally here...

SilverBullet

I love all the details.   They even put lines on the advertisements to mimick the “flip” and boards that would rotate between advertisements.

Have they done anything different with the sound system this year?  It’s very echoey....I don’t remember it being that way in the past.

I was there tonight. 

The teal clock did look awesome on the left field board.  

The uniforms didn’t look as bad as I thought they would.  But I do get annoyed when I hear people say our current home whites are terrible; they’re not, you just like the teal better. 

I was expecting 5,000 or so more fans than what showed up.  Still a big crowd for the Padres vs the dismantled Marlins.  And the dismantled Marlins won.  Caleb Smith’s pitching (and his hit) was awesome. 

All in all a good night.  

I plan on going on Sunday, wanna see the softball game and hopefully Luis Castillo is at a station. I thought the uniforms looked incredible and the attention to detail on all the stuff they had going on today.

Luis Castillo was at an autograph station last night.

They are going all out. Even using the proper helmets instead of getting cheap like some teams and using the regular helmets on throwback night. This game looks so right. Fricking awesome looking

The helmets looked great but were inaccurate. Teal helmets with teal caps or black caps with black helmets. Never worn both at home. And for 1993 it should have been teal helmets. 

The helmets also had the 2018 orange numbers on the back.   We are splitting hairs here though. I always thought teal hat>black hat and black helmet>teal helmet so to me this was a good showing even if not completely historically accurate 

Yes they still looked amazing. Black helmets are the better look. But as for splitting hairs I could make a list of the inaccuracies just because I'm knowledgeable about that stuff but I won't, not on this site. Everything looked great and the mistakes are all pretty minor or otherwise negligible. 

The helmets looked great but were inaccurate. Teal helmets with teal caps or black caps with black helmets. Never worn both at home. And for 1993 it should have been teal helmets. 

His point was that they actually put the old logo onto the helmets instead of just using the existing helmets (I know it's just a sticker).

Other things I noticed:

When I got to my seats last night, there was an envelope on it inviting me up to a suite. It was obviously to get people to sign up for ticket packages, but it was neat to go up into a suite. Interestingly, nobody approached me (and my brother/family friend) while I was up there. I did see the new VP of tickets/sales, Travis Apple, there when we left the suite, but didn't talk to him or hear the expected speech I figured he'd give, though he may have done it after I left.

I also saw team employees timing concession lines, which indicates they've identified that as an issue.

It's good to see that they're paying attention to details like that.

Beyond that - I too am hesitant about catering too much to latin/miami vibe. Not saying they shouldn't, but not every fan there is latin. I also would like to see them work on a better way to get people to the park. I think they lost a lot of broward fans with the move......there's nothing they can do about the location, but it's just inconvenient to drive down, and terrible to get back with only the single northbound lane on 395.

His point was that they actually put the old logo onto the helmets instead of just using the existing helmets (I know it's just a sticker).

I know, I was just using him bringing up the helmets to make my point also about helmets. 

Other things I noticed:

When I got to my seats last night, there was an envelope on it inviting me up to a suite. It was obviously to get people to sign up for ticket packages, but it was neat to go up into a suite. Interestingly, nobody approached me (and my brother/family friend) while I was up there. I did see the new VP of tickets/sales, Travis Apple, there when we left the suite, but didn't talk to him or hear the expected speech I figured he'd give, though he may have done it after I left.

I also saw team employees timing concession lines, which indicates they've identified that as an issue.

It's good to see that they're paying attention to details like that.

Beyond that - I too am hesitant about catering too much to latin/miami vibe. Not saying they shouldn't, but not every fan there is latin. I also would like to see them work on a better way to get people to the park. I think they lost a lot of broward fans with the move......there's nothing they can do about the location, but it's just inconvenient to drive down, and terrible to get back with only the single northbound lane on 395.

Losing Broward fans is, in theory, offset by gaining more Miami Dade fans. I know that hasn't happened yet but in any relocation the team will always move farther from some fans yet closer to other fans. Also I believe they said there was research that more Dade fans were traveling to Sun Life than Broward fans were so, in theory again, they should be gaining more fans than they were losing. 

2 hits in a game Clayton Richard started

I would have been so pissed if I went to the game

We real bad news bear

I was there.  It was ridiculous.  The most exciting thing was “Hey we are all in teal”. Nice distraction from the reality of the “build” but the play on the field was not exciting . Back to normal.  Hey Tommy is back everyone!!

Apparently attendance this weekend was over 35,000 for all three games combined which is over 5,000 higher than the last weekend home series vs the Nats which totaled about 30,000. There was an average increase of 1,600 fans per game. So attendance did increase but not by as much as I'd have expected with all the cheap ticket deals that were available. I also expected this weekend to be one of those were casual fans and those not following the team kinda say "well if I'm going to any games this year it's gonna be that weekend only" and to an extent I guess that did happen. I doubt we get bigger crowds the rest of the season. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.