2020 or 2022

taiwanmarlin

Frisaro insists it's 2020 and with his job that covers the Marlins.com I believe he said it due to he knows something from the front office,furthermore we could see it more clear after the trade deadline,if they choose to keep most of the current roster means the 2020 would be the target season to at least compete for the "wild card game",it wouldn't surprised me if Jeter sets up a three year plan due to the urgency to increase the attendance number significantly.

Check the rebuilding time course of other teams that rebuild in the last decade and I found that the teams like the Braves,Phillies,Brewers and others always had the record in the second or third place in their division even before they had the division leading season,so I believe with a "working normal regime" in place we should have the seasons more like that and not the ones in the past that under the "abnormal operated regime".

Check the rebuilding time course of other teams that rebuild in the last decade and I found that the teams like the Braves,Phillies,Brewers and others always had the record in the second or third place in their division even before they had the division leading season,so I believe with a "working normal regime" in place we should have the seasons more like that and not the ones in the past that under the "abnormal operated regime".

You R good

I like how when the team loses three straight to an obviously better team everyone makes a big deal out of it yet if they win three straight or win like 5 of 6 nobody cares. 

Failures are known, successes are not. Double standard. 

It is like product reviews, most people are more inclined to complain.

I like how when the team loses three straight to an obviously better team everyone makes a big deal out of it yet if they win three straight or win like 5 of 6 nobody cares. 

Failures are known, successes are not. Double standard. 

I think "making a big deal of it" is a bit of hyperbole on your part.  I haven't seen anyone making a big deal out of losing 3 straight. We all know this this team would have trouble beating the 1998 Marlins. Nobody is going to be excited about winning a series either because we know they aren't doing a damn thing this season so it literally means nothing except giving us worse draft position next year.

I would and I believe a lot others would,too.

winning THE series? yes.  winning A series? no.

they had a streak where they won a few series in a row earlier this season and nobody really cared too much - or at least showed much enthusiasm on here.  People were pleased about the wins, and you should be, but excited? Nah. Nobody came across as being excited over winning some games.  Just like nobody is on here getting all up in arms over losing 3 straight to the Natinals.  It doesn't mean anything this season - it's expected they lose, and lose a lot. 

So you are honestly not policing negativity here? I feel like the majority of your posts now are lashing out at negative remarks about the ownership or the team's performance. Or snarky straw man responses attacking the bizarre things that taiwanmarlin says, as if his thoughts represent the majority opinion of the board or Marlins fans in general.

I can understand going after people who might say uninformed things about trading Conley or whatever, but shaming people for venting about three incredibly embarrassing, tough losses is pretty low imo. 

I like how when the team loses three straight to an obviously better team everyone makes a big deal about it yet if they win three straight or win like 5 of 6 nobody cares. 

Giving up 35 runs in 3 games is a big deal, sir. 

It’s a message board where we talk about the Marlins.

it's expected they lose, and lose a lot. 

No matter what other people think,I would never want my team to lose even in a rebuilding season and I believe every player want to win every game or it would be a CHEATING,if one team really intended to lose for the top draft pick then they're just not deserved to in the league.

No matter what other people think,I would never want my team to lose even in a rebuilding season and I believe every player want to win every game or it would be a CHEATING,if one team really intended to lose for the top draft pick then they're just not deserved to in the league.

no one is rooting for them to lose and nobody is tanking the season (except ownership) on purpose.

In the span of a mere three games the Marlins have blown a 9-0 lead, had their closer of the month give up a walk off home run, and been blown out so badly that an opposing player had 10 RBIs in a single game.

Here's the thing brother because you said it right there: it's just "a mere three games." 

There's a difference between venting and overreacting. 

But it's cool, I'll turn in my badge and my gun and hand in my resignation from the negativity police department. 

Since when did three games become too short a period to elicit an emotionally charged response?

I am by no means trying to pick a fight about this, but what are these concrete cases of "overreacting" you are referring to? I just see baseball fans being baseball fans. Perhaps that is why you and I don't see eye to eye on what I consider to be a discernible hostility toward negative attitudes.

For the life of me I cannot understand why so much board traffic here lately has been devoted to ridiculing taiwanmarlin talking points.

an emotional response maybe, but calling for peoples heads to role for 3 games is a bit irrational. Plus only 1 of those games really bothered me. And it wasn't the one we blew a 9 run lead. It was the 18 - 4 game. Chen has no business starting games. Other than that you could explain away the other pitchers problems because they are all rookies, or in new roles. Strailey did his normal thing where he looks like crap but somehow doesn't give up a lot of runs. I think if you are planing to be angry, be angry about every time someone who doesn't play a role in long term plans is pitching. Don't be angry at a kid pitching poorly. Expecially a kid who has yet to figure out what he can and cannot do in the big leagues. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.