2020 or 2022

TaiwanMarlins

People aren't coming to the games unless it is playoff time, we saw that last year when we had an All-Star OF and a guy chasing 60 homers.

If the attendance numbers per game always under 10K before the meaningful games coming,then I doubt how many seasons after Jeter and Sherman would give up on this team.

Is this the appropriate time to mention Barry Jackson's article this morning quoting Chip Bowers (Marlins" president/baseball operations) great new revolutionary ideas on putting butts in the stands.  One-improve the food options and Two-and I quote "potentially having a disc jockey at games reflect the Miami vibe...an atmosphere like an NBA game".  Sorry, there was no mention of meaningful games.  As long as they keep thinking that Miami fans are mindless drones that show up based on what music they play, it is insulting.  I thought that Jeter was going to pack the stadium because he was going to play more latin music.  We already have a disc jockey anyway, and he is annoying.   Aren't we all tired of screaming DJ's after all these years with the same "Cmon Miami, make some noise".

Where'd you see this article?  I can't find it.

I wish they'd reduce food/concession prices - it makes you not want to buy anything, or at the very least, buy a fraction of what you would have with reduced pricing.

A DJ playing "Miami vibe" music will not make people come to the park (I think they've gone overboard with the Latin music) - a good team will, and we won't have that for a couple of years, so I understand that they're trying things to see if they can get people in.

I'd love to see the real numbers of attendance for previous years - I know this year's numbers are abysmal (something like a 9,500-9,700 average), but I know they're also reporting "real" attendance of people that actually went through the gates, whereas previous numbers included tickets sold whether people were there or not.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be done?  (Aside from better/meaningful games)

Two walk-off wins from the WS contender,how about keep this team for one more year and see what happens,I know many people would say this is stupid but they played the .500 ball games since June 1.

You really think that this same exact team can contend next year? 

I wish they'd reduce food/concession prices - it makes you not want to buy anything, or at the very least, buy a fraction of what you would have with reduced pricing.

A DJ playing "Miami vibe" music will not make people come to the park (I think they've gone overboard with the Latin music) - a good team will, and we won't have that for a couple of years, so I understand that they're trying things to see if they can get people in.

I'd love to see the real numbers of attendance for previous years - I know this year's numbers are abysmal (something like a 9,500-9,700 average), but I know they're also reporting "real" attendance of people that actually went through the gates, whereas previous numbers included tickets sold whether people were there or not.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be done?  (Aside from better/meaningful games)

It was in Wed paper, Jackson's sports buzz.  Only a part of the full column.  Look towards the end.  I can't find it on the online version, so it would only be in the print edition or the e-edition of the print edition.

I've been watching intently on what Arthur Blank and the Falcons have done in the Mercedes Benz Dome in Atlanta. The hope is that business model will resonate with sports as a whole and lead a drive to be more in line with Mall Food Courts or Fast-Casual Restaurants.

If he succeeds, that's the way to go for the Marlins. People showing up aren't willing to pay atleast $35 to see a mediocre producty, and an additional $15 to eat dinner. Even for just one person.

They may not be as far off as some thought but yeah they aren’t a year away and they need more help.  I for one have seen more than I expected from this roster.

The only way I see us being a year or two off is if we go the Nationals route and sign a Jayson Werth type player to show were serious. Even better if it's a SP who is worth his salt.

We failed in letting Yelich go... because the truth is Yelich as a CF and cost controlled is better than Brinson anyday- even if the other prospects make it up to the ML roster. He could have been our Robin Yount or George Brett.

The only way I see us being a year or two off is if we go the Nationals route and sign a Jayson Werth type player to show were serious. Even better if it's a SP who is worth his salt.

We failed in letting Yelich go... because the truth is Yelich as a CF and cost controlled is better than Brinson anyday- even if the other prospects make it up to the ML roster. He could have been our Robin Yount or George Brett.

Agreed about Yelich, seemed like they made a trade just to make a trade there.  There was no need to trade him.  Though if he was a negative clubhouse presence like has been reported, perhaps it was worth it to get him out of here.

I've been watching intently on what Arthur Blank and the Falcons have done in the Mercedes Benz Dome in Atlanta. The hope is that business model will resonate with sports as a whole and lead a drive to be more in line with Mall Food Courts or Fast-Casual Restaurants.

If he succeeds, that's the way to go for the Marlins. People showing up aren't willing to pay atleast $35 to see a mediocre producty, and an additional $15 to eat dinner. Even for just one person.

I know there's been quite a few times when I've been with friends at a game, and we've decided to wait to go eat somewhere else after the game because we don't want to pay the prices at the park for average food.  It's $5 for a water at the park now.....come on.

I'd be interested to see concession sales numbers.  I'm sure they're down too with attendance down, but I wonder if they're proportionally down, or if they're down more with increased prices.

Agreed about Yelich, seemed like they made a trade just to make a trade there.  There was no need to trade him.  Though if he was a negative clubhouse presence like has been reported, perhaps it was worth it to get him out of here.

I know there's been quite a few times when I've been with friends at a game, and we've decided to wait to go eat somewhere else after the game because we don't want to pay the prices at the park for average food.  It's $5 for a water at the park now.....come on.

I'd be interested to see concession sales numbers.  I'm sure they're down too with attendance down, but I wonder if they're proportionally down, or if they're down more with increased prices.

You’re allowed to bring sealed, 20 ounce water bottles into Marlins Park.  I always bring three. 

I believe Levy Restaurants owns the concessions and rents them from the Marlins... with the Marlins getting a cut of the profit.

That has happened before and after games one too many times. The Wendy's across the street is the go to spot for those in the Know and aren't prickly about where they eat. Same with the Walgreens for "Pregame Beers".

The marlins pretty much dropped a 5 Star Restaurant in the middle of the ghetto price wise, and are pricing out even single patrons from going.

To pay $15 for a seat, and $20 to park, and $15 to Eat- a family that makes even $80,000 annually can't afford to go more than 2-3 times a season between expenses and accidentals.

Baseball became America's game by being a cheap day outside, but more and more the push to be a Entertainment Business is killing it own bottom line.

You’re allowed to bring sealed, 20 ounce water bottles into Marlins Park.  I always bring three. 

I've been restricted to one on numerous occasions- grab em from the vendor right outside and if they say anything I just chug one. Are you going with a group or alone?

That Dirty-Water Dog at the corner right outside is thebomb.com also.

Guess I forgot about that.  But still......I think they'd find people wouldn't go through the effort of bringing one in if it were only $2 for water.

I believe Levy Restaurants owns the concessions and rents them from the Marlins... with the Marlins getting a cut of the profit.

That has happened before and after games one too many times. The Wendy's across the street is the go to spot for those in the Know and aren't prickly about where they eat. Same with the Walgreens for "Pregame Beers".

The marlins pretty much dropped a 5 Star Restaurant in the middle of the ghetto price wise, and are pricing out even single patrons from going.

To pay $15 for a seat, and $20 to park, and $15 to Eat- a family that makes even $80,000 annually can't afford to go more than 2-3 times a season between expenses and accidentals.

Baseball became America's game by being a cheap day outside, but more and more the push to be a Entertainment Business is killing it own bottom line.

I save $15 every time I go by parking in that plaza down the street (it's a tan plaza on the south side of the street across from that laundromat ($10 vs. 20 for the garages), and I sign up for that Budweiser designated driver thing that gives you a free soft drink/water coupon ($5 value essentially)

For reference- http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/15560867/atlanta-falcons-offer-lowest-concession-prices-major-team-sports-new-mercedes-benz-stadium

Items

Classic Hot Dog$2

Waffle Fries$3

Pizza Slice$3

Classic Cheeseburger$5

Nachos$3

Chicken Tender Basket$6

Snacks

Pretzel$2

Popcorn$2

Peanuts$3

Beverages