Can Miami MLS play in Marlins Park permanently?

So I have a question. As some of you might know, David Beckham and Jorge Mas are meeting on July 18th with City of Miami commissioners to persuade them to bring Stadium measure to voters. Basically, if the commissioners approve the Melreese Miami MLS stadium measure, voters will get to decide if Melreese will be the new home for Miami MLS. HOWEVER, I want to ask what I believe to be a legitimate question. Let's say David Beckham and Jorge Mas don't get their Melreese MLS Stadium. Is it possible for Miami MLS to share Marlins Park? Some people on a Twitter said because of the stadium deal with Miami-Dade County, that is not possibly. However, if Jeter, Beckham, and the County agree to share the stadium (aka Beckham pays Jeter and County to share stadium), would it be possible? Even though the Melreese MLS stadium site will be 100% privately funded, people still have a bad taste in their mouths because of the Marlins stadium deal. Now, I am first and foremost a baseball fan. I have always loved baseball, and just recently got into soccer because of my Italian heritage. Nevertheless, I think Marlins Park would be fun for Miami MLS home games. The Celevelander, Budweiser Terrace, Retractable Roof, and parking are all major benefits. It would be very interesting. Even though MLB and MLS run at the same time, the New York Yankees share Yankee Stadium with NYCFC. Both teams are doing very well this year and could compete for a championship in their respective leagues. I really believe a Marlins/MLS partnership could work long term at Marlins Park. 37,000 is also a nice size MLS venue. Do you guys have any thoughts on Miami MLS sharing Marlins Park short-term or long-term?

Theres many reasons it wouldn't work, but heres a few of them in bullet points.

- Jorge Mas has thrown the current Marlins owners under the bus in the media a few times in the last year for cutting payroll.

- Jorge Mas was a runner up to the Marlins in bidding.

-Jorge Mas has publicly stated the Marlins ripped off the county and he isn't going to do that to get his own Stadium Deal.

- Their seasons run at the same time.

- While the Marlins rent the stadium from the county, it is the Marlins who own and operate the stadium- Miami Dade has no say in the day to day business of it (outside of parking garage stores that remain empty)

Long story short, Jorge Mas has crapped on the Marlins too much for them to want to help him

He can play at FIU Stadium. He can pay what someone wanted (3 Million?) for the day care outside Marlins park and spend 10 Million more aquiring more land in front of Marlins park, but he can't play IN marlins park.

No.  Baseball stadium for baseball.  If they want to share facilities (which MLS is adamantly against) they should get visit Stephen Ross to talk about that.  That league won’t allow it anyway because they’re requiring all newer teams in o play in facilities that their owner controls revenue from.  

Fuck Jorge Mas.  Guy was going to do almost the same thing as Jeter and didnt have the money he claimed to have according to just about every person with knowledge of his financial situation and he's been trying to talk shit about the marlins and mlb since he got denied.

Im admittedly not a soccer fan, but holy shit i cannot wait until this mls miami thing is out of the news.  Either make it happen or dont.  Enough of the going back and forth.

I have a personal, albeit trivial, grudge against that soccer team since day one. When Beckham held the press conference to announce the team he, for some reason, did it at the small soccer park literally across the street from my house. It's a small park not meant for a public and media event the magnitude of a David Beckham press conference and I was coming home from work in a panic because I had never seen such heavy traffic in my neighborhood and so many cars figuratively piled up on top of each other for parking. I knew something was up but had no clue what and genuinely thought it was something bad. Then when I finally got to my house there were literally people parked on my grass and in my driveway like it was all good. I wasn't pleased and was more irked than anything that it was "just David Beckham." 

I have a personal, albeit trivial, grudge against that soccer team since day one. When Beckham held the press conference to announce the team he, for some reason, did it at the small soccer park literally across the street from my house. It's a small park not meant for a public and media event the magnitude of a David Beckham press conference and I was coming home from work in a panic because I had never seen such heavy traffic in my neighborhood and so many cars figuratively piled up on top of each other for parking. I knew something was up but had no clue what and genuinely thought it was something bad. Then when I finally got to my house there were literally people parked on my grass and in my driveway like it was all good. I wasn't pleased and was more irked than anything that it was "just David Beckham." 

I would've flipped the fuck out

What an amazing reason to have a grudge against a Miami MLS team.  

Miami MLS will have a soccer specific stadium. 

They’ll likely play in different venues (FIU/Hard Rock/Marlins Park etc) while their stadium (20-25K sedating capacity) is built. 

Well, that's one way to keep your fans in the stands...

I would have gotten all my neighbors together to tow each and every car lol.

My parents live in front of a school and they had an issue with people blocking the driveway when they picked up their kids from school. One day my dad flipped out and wrote DO NOT PARK HERE on a car's windshield with lipstick and confronted the person when she walked out. I sympathize with anyone who has to deal with people that don't respect private property in this banana republic

My parents live in front of a school and they had an issue with people blocking the driveway when they picked up their kids from school. One day my dad flipped out and wrote DO NOT PARK HERE on a car's windshield with lipstick and confronted the person when she walked out. I sympathize with anyone who has to deal with people that don't respect private property in this banana republic

I once had a neighbor setting off fireworks that go up into the sky- huge illegal ones. YUGE.

One fourth, they are setting it off and they are landing on my house, cars and screen patio still lit. Burning my grass and doing all kinds of shit to my property.

I go behind my block in my car (Dodge Magnum) and ask em to stop setting em off, and they say "What the fuck are you going to do about it."

So I got back in my car, and was about to back out of the block when he comes to my car window aggressively, and ask's again "What the fuck am I going to do about it".

With a big ol smirk, I just said "oh fuck, I'm scared."

AND FUCKING STEPPED ON THE GAS AND RAN OVER ALL HIS SHIT...... ABOUT 5K WORTH ACCORDING TO HIM....

RIGHT INTO A COPS HOUSE, WHO WAS LETTING HIM DO IT AND DIDN'T INTERJECT WHEN I SAID the stuff is landing still burning and destroying my shit.

The cops face when they started going off on her wall was god damn priceless.

She knew what was up, it's a tiny block and that shit was going everywhere.

OFOCURSE they called the cops on me, for destroying their $5k in fireworks.... but I subtly reminded the responding officers they were illegal fireworks and pointed to the burn marks on my cars roof, house roof, and lawn.

Fucking moron one day jumped the fence and broke two windows on a 88 Camaro Iroc Z I had parked in my back yard, two hours and a trip to the junkyard and it was fixed.... dumb ass didn't even realize the T-Tops would have been what to break on it.

Side Note: I hate those fucking fireworks, that blow up skyward. I used to set them off for shows in Biscayne Bay and by Bird Road and 157. The first time I was scared shitless and we set em off with a battery and switches. Then one year a guy tried to hand light one of the "Cakes" (Case of 12 loaded with squibs) that didn't go off with the switches (probably wired them wrong).

Before he could back away he blew half his arm off.

I wait every year to hear one of my neighbors went all Jason Pierre Paul. This Fourth one of em accidentally lit their house on fire... his own house. He set em off in his driveway. You need like 100 yards to set those off safely. A fire Marshall at one of our shows beat the shit outta some guy who tried to start the show early with a Roman Candle.

I once had a neighbor setting off fireworks that go up into the sky- huge illegal ones. YUGE.

One fourth, they are setting it off and they are landing on my house, cars and screen patio still lit. Burning my grass and doing all kinds of shit to my property.

I go behind my block in my car (Dodge Magnum) and ask em to stop setting em off, and they say "What the fuck are you going to do about it."

So I got back in my car, and was about to back out of the block when he comes to my car window aggressively, and ask's again "What the fuck am I going to do about it".

AND FUCKING STEPPED ON THE GAS AND RAN OVER ALL HIS SHIT...... ABOUT 5K WORTH ACCORDING TO HIM....

RIGHT INTO A COPS HOUSE, WHO WAS LETTING HIM DO IT AND DIDN'T INTERJECT WHEN I SAID the stuff is landing still burning and destroying my shit.

OFOCURSE they called the cops on me, for destroying their $5k in fireworks.... but I subtly reminded the responding officers they were illegal fireworks and pointed to the burn marks on my cars roof, house roof, and lawn.

Fucking moron one day jumped the fence and broke two windows on a 88 Camaro Iroc Z I had parked in my back yard, two hours and a trip to the junkyard and it was fixed.... dumb ass didn't even realize the T-Tops would have been what to break on it.

Side Note: I hate those fucking fireworks, that blow up skyward. I used to set them off for shows in Biscayne Bay and by Bird Road and 157. The first time I was scared shitless and we set em off with a battery and switches. Then one year a guy tried to hand light one of the "Cakes" (Case of 12 loaded with squibs) that didn't go off with the switches (probably wired them wrong).

I wait every year to hear one of my neighbors went all Jason Pierre Paul. This Fourth one of em accidentally lit their house on fire... his own house. He set em off in his driveway. You need like 100 yards to set those off safely. A fire Marshall at one of our shows beat the shit outta some guy who tried to start the show early with a Roman Candle.

Holy shit. That's awesome

I once had a neighbor that was really irresponsible and disrespectful of the rest of the neighborhood with his pyrotechnics.  It’s wasnt too dissimilar from what you’re describing.  Reading your post brought back vivid memories and now and angry all over again about something that happened ten years ago.  

Thanks 

I once had a neighbor that was really irresponsible and disrespectful of the rest of the neighborhood with his pyrotechnics.  It’s wasnt too dissimilar from what you’re describing.  Reading your post brought back vivid memories and now and angry all over again about something that happened ten years ago.  

Thanks 

I mean, if you really still wanna put up a great fireworks show....i know a few people. With a car battery, switches and some electrical wires we can probably do it from the comfort of your couch.

Actually, now we might be able to do it with wifi lol.

No.  Baseball stadium for baseball.  If they want to share facilities (which MLS is adamantly against) they should get visit Stephen Ross to talk about that.  That league won’t allow it anyway because they’re requiring all newer teams in o play in facilities that their owner controls revenue from.  

Exactly! I don't agree with them sharing the stadium with the Marlins even in the interim.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.