Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sals

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sals

  1. Admin McCarren the Packers color man on the radio broadcasts interviews players and coaches after the game and since Vonnie Holliday returned he went to the Chiefs locker room and interviewed Vonnie and talked to Coach Vermeil as well. The transcripts should be available at www.packersradionetwork.com Find it and show me because it doesn't exist.
  2. Quote from Dick Vermeil on the Packers Radio Network.... "They are a hell of a football team. They honestly probably should have won this game. I knew they were good, but I didn't know they were that good. Brett Favre and Ahman Green were great for them. That Barnett kid of theirs is gonna be a super star in a few minutes. They are a great team, I'd expect them to be in the playoffs. But thank god we won today and I think our team showed a lot of heart as they did also. And Today we came through. Unfortunately for them McKenzie (Mike) got hurt and we exploited it on the corner position. Show me where I can access this quote from an article please because I know Vermil doesn't just go to Packer's Radio Network to chat right after the game. I can make up quotes too so unless you provide proof your little post it pointless.
  3. Sals what you didnt see is that these guys played toe to toe, down to down on the Chiefs. We played better then them. Regardless of what you think, I saw the game you didn't. I watched it today on CBS. Sorry, saw the whole thing....hate to burst your bubble. The Chiefs turned up the intensity, picked Favre for a TD and just went head and shoulders above the Pack who buckled and folded. Sorry pal.
  4. But I'd hate to be the Rams next week, the Pack and Chiefs both know who deserved to win this game today, the Pack.? And the Pack is gonna come with this game fresh on our mind and with the last game we had in St. Louis fresh on our minds also. Yeah, I'm sure the Rams are just shaking! The Pack showed today the heart of champions.? They stayed toe-to-toe with what many people think is the best team in the NFL.? We outplayed them. Now I've heard it all! The heart of champions? They collapsed at home with a 17-point lead, thats not the heart of champions. The Chiefs showed the heart of champions, not tha pathetic Packers. But we kept Dontae Hall out of the end zone, we shut down Holmes.? And we proved that we are a good team and that we will be in the playoffs. No you did not prove you will be in the playoffs. You are a joke and you lost to the Cardinals!
  5. Indianapolis New Orleans Tennessee Kansas City Miami New England Oakland Philadelphia Tampa Bay Baltimore Buffalo Denver San Francisco St. Louis 9-5
  6. Dallas Buffalo Denver Miami Minnesota Carolina Oakland Seattle New England San Diego San Francisco Philadelphia Pittsburgh Tampa Bay 8-6
  7. St. Louis Cleveland Houston New England Philadelphia San Francisco Pittsburgh Kansas City Oakland Carolina N.Y. Jets Denver Indianapolis Green Bay 9-5
  8. Indianapolis Kansas City Minnesota Tennessee New England Pittsburgh Tampa Bay Green Bay N.Y. Giants St. Louis San Diego San Fran Miami Oakland 9-5
  9. WEEK 2 Sunday, Sep. 14 Buffalo at Jacksonville, 1:00 pm Cleveland at Baltimore, 1:00 pm Detroit at Green Bay, 1:00 pm Houston at New Orleans, 1:00 pm Miami at N.Y. Jets, 1:00 pm Pittsburgh at Kansas City, 1:00 pm San Francisco at St. Louis, 1:00 pm Tennessee at Indianapolis, 1:00 pm Washington at Atlanta, 1:00 pm Carolina at Tampa Bay, 4:05 pm Seattle at Arizona, 4:05 pm Cincinnati at Oakland, 4:15 pm Denver at San Diego, 4:15 pm New England at Philadelphia, 4:15 pm Chicago at Minnesota, 8:30 pm Monday, Sep. 15 Dallas at N.Y. Giants, 9:00 pm RECORD: 9-7
  10. Well Super Bowl tickets haha. The Pack will have a good year if we beat the Queens in the Division. But still, the Packers have some seriously scarey personnell on Offense, I can't think of a team with better Offensive Personnel in the game. But thats only on Paper. What matters is on the field. And unfortunately Tom Rossley sucks (Rossley is our Offensive Coordinator) QB: Brett Favre (Hall of Famer) RB: Ahman Green (Multi All Pro) RB: Najeh Davenport (250 lbs, 4.35 40 yd. dash, and averaged 90 yds in 2-3 starts last year) RB: Tony Fisher (averaged about 93 yds. in 2-3 starts last year) FB: William Henderson (Multiple Time All Pro, arguably the best blocking and recieving FB in the league) FB: Nick Luchey (275 lbs. says all that needs to be said) TE: Bubba Franks (Mr. TD, 2 time all pro) TE: Wesley Walls (possible hall of fame TE) WR: Donald Driver (All Pro) WR: Antonio Freeman (3 1000 yd. seasons, multiple All Pros, Bretts favorite target) WR: Robert Ferguson (reminds many of a young Freeman, and had a solid year as the #3 last year) WR: Javon Walker (has stepped it up big time in the past 2-3 games that count and will soon be a star in the league) RT: Mark Tauscher (All Pro Alternate in 2001) RG: Marco River (All Pro) C: Mike Flanagan (All Pro Alternate in 2002) LG: Mike Wahle (All Pro Alternate in 2002) LT: Chad Clifton (All Pro Alternate in 2001) So there you go... 12 All Pro's and All Pro Alternates on One Offense. Thats fu*king SCARY. If our Defense can step it up LOOK OUT. But I doubt it. Hey dope, not every Packer runs a 4.3/40. Davenport runs a 4.57/40, here is his player bio Im right, you are wrong. If you think William Henderson is either the best blocking FB or receiving FB in the NFL you are retarded. Walls is washed up, Freeman is washed up, Driver is paralyzed, Ferguson is a #3 at best, Walker has stones for hands, your o-line isn't great. Get over it.
  11. As much as I hate saying this. Ferguson's injury may be a good thing, because now Javon Walker can show off why he will be a huge star in a year or 2. Sals last I checked I womped you in the Predictions so don't be calling anybody washed up. If anyone is its you. Last year as Philadelphias NUMBER FOUR, yes #4 reciever behind Thrash, Pinkston, and Mitchell, Freeman caught 46 balls for 600 yds. and 4 TDs. Not bad for a #4 WR huh buddy? Show me the Fins or anyone else's #4 WR with those stats. And Freeman has a better QB again then McNabb now that Bretts with him again. And injuries are no excuse. Sharper (statistically the best Safety in football the last 4 YEARS) played mainly Nickel and Dime situations. Mike McKenzie was mainly responsible for Moss and only allowed Moss to 3 catches for 41 yds. But Antuan Edwards our pathetic Strong Safety stayed on Moss most of the game and got burnt for 6 rec. 109 yds. and 1 TD. McKenzie can take Moss but when McKenzie goes over to cover someone else, Edwards has got to pick it up and not play like a fu*king p***y. Walker had a great game last week. Bailey, Ferguson and Driver all played but went out with injuries during the game. Walls was held out of the game because of a slight hammy problem, but Walls should play this week. Bailey, Ferguson, and Driver should all miss this week against the Lions. Wow, you picked 3 games better than me in 1 week. You are sooo cool! However, last I checked I have always proven you wrong. And you are bragging about a washed up loser WR. He was a #3 WR last year over Mitchell. There is a reason he was #3 also and not #1, because he just isn't good enough anymore....get the picture. 600 YDs and 4 TDs, whooptie f***ing doo. At this stage in their careers, McNabb is much better overall than Favre also. YOU ARE A HOMER MORON, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
  12. You think I don't know the Vikes mopped the floor with us? Oh and Freeman's probably gonna get signed by the Pack again cuz of Driver and Ferguson's injuries. *Cough* WASHED UP *Coughed*
  13. I'm with Rune in that, I'm so glad the Giants beat the living sh*t out of the Rams. I've been saying all along that the Rams defense has to many holes in the Secondary, Linebackers, and at Defensive Tackle. Defensive End is their only Defensive strength next to Aneas Williams and Adam Archuleta. Kurt Warner SUCKS, as I have said since Super Bowl 36. That game will forever mark the end of his reign on top. Kurt Warner hasn't won a game, HASN'T WON A GAME since the NFC Championship on January 27, 2002. Thats over a year and a half since Warner's won a game. His QB rating is awful since then. Today he spent 10 SECONDS, an INEXCUSABLE 10 SECONDS in the Pocket against the Giants and after watching my grandkids die before the play was over, I noticed that he fumbled and the Giants scored a TD. He was playing with a concussion you dolt....whats Favre's excuse?
  14. N.Y. Jets at. Redskins Prediction: Redskins Cardinals at. Lions Prediction: Lions Ravens at. Steelers Prediction: Steelers Colts at. Browns Prediction: Colts Texans at. Dolphins Prediction: Phins Jacksonville at. Carolina Prediction: Jacksonville Vikings at. Packers Prediction: Vikings Patriots at. Bills Prediction: Pats Chargers at. Chiefs Prediction: Chiefs Rams at. Giants Prediction: Rams Falcons at. Cowboys Prediction: Falcons Bears at. 49ers Prediction: Niners Saints at. Seahawks Prediction: Saints Raiders at. Titans Prediction: Raiders Buccaneers at. Eagles Prediction: Eagles Bronco's at Bengals Prediction: Broncos Record: 9-7
  15. friends in low places remains as one of the top songs in all of music, not only country. Garth Brooks is the top solo artist in the history of modern music. Surely that should signify something. Yes it does...that there are a lot of rednecks out there. :lol
  16. DW should have been an all star and one could argue that Webb could have too.... but right now, Webb has the statistcal advantage over DW Thats all I am trying to say, yet as your profile says, the "idiots" can not comprehend this. I have a question to anyone who is arguing that Webb is not as good a candidate as Willis: If Webb was a Marlin and Willis was a Diamonback, truthfully, how many of you would say that it was Webb and not Willis who deserved to be the ROY? Most likely, all of you!
  17. Willis deserved to be an All-Star ahead of Webb. How can you deny some one that was 9-1 in the first half the All-Star team. It is stupid to say that Webb should have made the NL All-star team ahead of Willis. Willis was beaten a total of 1 time in the first half. I know that ERA is more important than W-L, so look at Willis' ERA in the first half. To say that he didn't deserve to make the All-Star team and Webb did is rediculous... Too bad ROY is based on the full year and not the first half, Willis has tailed off in the 2nd half while Webb has not.
  18. Was Webb 9-1 before the break? I'm as a big a Dontrelle fan as the next, but Webb is superior statistically, period.
  19. I don't know guys, I wouldn't mind this trade if I was a Pirates fan and I knew we were rebuilding. Perez is just what, 21-years-old. This year in the minors (AAA) he has a 3.02 ERA in 47 IP and 48 K. Nady is an advanced hitter and is hitting over .300 with a few HRs this year in limited AAA at bats. They are both pretty much major league ready. Nady can play multiple positions and projects to hit for a good average and 40 HRs. I know Nady hit just .253 with 7 HR in 300 ABs this year in the majors, but he was a rookie and will get much better. I also know Perez has a 5 something ERA this year in 100 IP in the majors, but given his age he will get a whole lot better.
  20. Great deal for both teams. Nady is a very good hitter and Perez is a good pitcher and they are both young.
  21. Same story for Dontrelle. And I think the fact Dontrelle was the All-Star and Webb wasn't will help him in the voting... The only reason Dontrelle was an all-star and Webb wasn't was because of the publicity. If Webb was the one who ran off the mound and had a high leg kick, then the news stories would be about him and he would have been an all-star, that is all the seperated them before the break. Statistically speaking, excluding the hard luck of a poor offensive performance by his team leading to less wins on many occasions, Webb would be running away with the ROY award and you know it. Statistically speaking, Webb is superior clear accross the board in everything that is under a pitchers control.
  22. except for the W/L record which, although is a team stat, will help DW in the voting Yes that is true, buit it is pretty telling that Webb's winn/loss record is bogus. He has never not had a quality start which is amazing. It has just been some bad luck on his part, he could easily have 15 wins by now, he has pitched well enough.
  23. If you exclude the hype it is not even close. Statistically Webb is running away with the award realistically.
  24. The Vikings aren't a HUGE sleeper Phulb face, many experts have said they will do well. They have a solid team and might finally put it together, it wouldn't be coming out of left field though like a "HUGE" sleeper would. The Texans would be a HUGE sleeper, not the Vikings, especially to win only 9 games like you predict.
  25. I'm appalled that you guys are happy about Penningtons injuries. I wish injuries on nobody. Wouldn't you rather beat a teams best? Especially if in some cases you think your team is the best *cough*WC*cough* then what should you be worried about? You should want to beat a teams best guys. Blow it out your pie hole. I hope Favre is next. :thumbup

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.