Everything posted by 97marlin
-
Maybe we need the minor league game thread
guzman is pitching a gem.
-
Maybe we need the minor league game thread
Does Lewin Diaz, Jesus Sanchez, and Chisholm need to be on the 40 man this summer?
-
Romo, Vallimont, PTBNL to Twins for Lewin Diaz
He had a loud out yesterday. It's clear there are some adjustments being made
-
Maybe we need the minor league game thread
Is connor scott for real? Why do all of these people struggle in A ball and somehow hit high a hard (Scott, and Devers mostly)?
-
Maybe we need the minor league game thread
He is a control guy. 4 starts of 6 plus. 1 walk 24 k's. Right now he probably is a pitch away. But if this continues maybe not?
-
Maybe we need the minor league game thread
You're right. I was just having a crazy thought. Then I remembered how bad Brinson has been since the beginning of july.
-
Maybe we need the minor league game thread
What if this new regime is really really really good at judging talent? Could we be really good? Tommy Eveld was really good at double A (not so at triple a) but still very promising. What if the organization knows who is going to be a major leaguer, and they aren't just taking random shots?
-
Maybe we need the minor league game thread
Did you guys know Daniel Castano has looked really good in his 7 starts in double a? He has 5 walks to 28 k's over 33 innings in that time, why aren't we talking about this guy. He is only 24. He gets a lot of ground balls. Does anyone else know anything about this guy?
-
Do we have a Top 5 Farm System Now? (Answer: Yes, top 4 to be exact!)
It's been well documented over the last few years that Loria pulled the strings when he owned the team. MANY of the worst trades (Rodney and Cashner for example) were instigated by Loria and Samson's insistence to make moves. I think when Jeter took over it was more of a new unknown than anything. Hill was basically re-hired when Jeter came in. I believe they gave him an interview and everything. I always got the impression from the ownership group that Hill had the job for a year, if things went well he got to stay in charge through the entirety of the rebuild. To me he has shown an ability to follow through with a plan and execute a tough decision when neccesary. I'm with you, he has earned his job.
-
Maybe we need the minor league game thread
Chisholm game 1, HR, 3B, 1B, 3 for 4. 2 RBI 2 runs scored. 0 k's. What a bum
-
Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm
Gallen always had consistent numbers in the minors. This year he was just especially good because he developed a cutter that was effective to keep people off his change/curve. I think everyone is just concerned about the risk they got back from the trade. The team got a higher cieling lower floor player. They basically won some money and instead of pocketing the gains they put it back on the table put it all on black. Yes it could come up black and they could win again, but they could have also walked away and had the money.
-
High Risk, High Reward. Marlins are all in
A new fangraphs article lays it out pretty clearly. The marlins organization's plan is to acquire lots of high risk high level talent. Build a farm of that profile and hope that by having a bunch of these guys, enough will just work out by randomness. Mitigate high risk, by compiling high risk so somehow the risk all evens out. Like it or hate it, that's the plan. Personally I am tentatively excited, this organization has never had a plan. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-marlins-declare-their-type/
-
Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm
Gallen is a pitchability arm. A guy who knows where the ball is going. He is as safe a pitcher as pitcher's ever are. He will be as good as his stuff will let him be. The marlins DO NOT believe in pitchability arms. They believe that other organizations value them far more and thus are happy to move them for more visible talent. This approach assumes that the management and the training staff ARE able to turn the talent into results. Right now I see a lot of question marks. If Alcantara can figure out how to turn swing and misses into K's, then we will be alright. I'm concerned because we are stockpiling high risk, talent.
-
Do we have a Top 5 Farm System Now? (Answer: Yes, top 4 to be exact!)
I need to stress I get the excitement of these moves. Take what you have a lot of and move that for players that can play positions you need more of. My point is the type of guys they have gotten, toolsy, young, mixed performance. That is a risky approach to development. I'm not saying it won't work, BUT I am certainly not saying that it will. The organization is taking some risk with the types of players they have identified.
-
Do we have a Top 5 Farm System Now? (Answer: Yes, top 4 to be exact!)
I mean this is all pretty scary tbh. We just went to the craps table. Made a bet. Won the jackpot. And put all our winnings back on the table. This could go really bad really quick. Lewis Brinson should be seen as a warning. High risk young physical players sometimes never become good baseball players.
-
Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm
Does chisholm go to double a?
-
Do we have a Top 5 Farm System Now? (Answer: Yes, top 4 to be exact!)
Fangraphs has us as 6th, without Sanchez OF
-
Marlins trade Nick Anderson and Trevor Richards
Nothing is certain. We have more Volatile prospects. YAY? I think this is the norm forever forward. We are going to collect volatile prospects until we compete then our drafts will be risky prospects in the second through 6th round. Grab "safe" guys in the first round. It's not a bad plan.
-
Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm
This was a great move. I hate it, Because it was a great move. I am so shook right now. The organization we follow are doing what is best for the organization. I'm just shook, I really liked what we saw from Gallen. Strap in, anything is possible.
-
Romo, Vallimont, PTBNL to Twins for Lewin Diaz
Diaz is viewed as a top talent by the Marlins organization. I can't find the tweet/quote, but Hill said something to the point that they viewed him as a top 10 hitter in the minors. This wasn't a "Hey, what will you guys give us for Romo". This was Hill and Co. going out and getting a guy they wanted. With that understanding it really puts the trade into perspective and makes it clear why the ptbnl was nessecary. This wasn't the Romo trade, this trade was the Lewin Diaz trade that happened to include Sergio Romo.
-
Romo, Vallimont, PTBNL to Twins for Lewin Diaz
How does isan pronounce it?
-
Romo, Vallimont, PTBNL to Twins for Lewin Diaz
I have made my decision, we can all stop worrying about what this means. This trade means that the marlins organization wants to get better. And they are willing to be creative to get the pieces they think will have the greatest impact. I have decided this is a good trade only if it is the beginning of other interesting trades.
-
Romo, Vallimont, PTBNL to Twins for Lewin Diaz
[MEDIA=twitter]1155295103340175360[/MEDIA]
-
Romo, Vallimont, PTBNL to Twins for Lewin Diaz
Vallimont AND the PTBNL is a lot in addition to Romo for a minor league first baseman. I get it he has pop. I get it he is in double a. But Vallimont right now looks like a guy who has a lot of potential another pitchability arm, with k's to go with. How good do they think Diaz is? Literally the only report on him is a preseason mention in the under the radar prospects post on fangraphs. I guess that means something. I would have also liked to have gotten the tortus as well. Then I'd feel a bit better about the entire transaction. But who knows, if his minor league numbers are actually an indication of real talent than we got a top 100 prospect for a borderline prospect and a rental old reliever (assuming the ptbn is a 17 year old not in associated baseball).
-
What do we do at the deadline
One of out pitchers need to go. It's not clear which one. Chen sucks.