Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

97marlin

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 97marlin

  1. oh yeah...that is an option isn't it? but then the marlins wouldn't get Leyba, and Cron.... I think they would still prefer to give them up and then pay for Keuchel
  2. You guys are missing the beauty of this trade. The Daimondbacks need more pitchers. Urena, as much as we dislike him, has major league pitches. It's basically trading problems. As much as we hate urena he is better than there fifth starter right now, and arguably better than there number 4. In exchange they give up 2 low upside, high performing bats. Both infielders. One of which is young. Both teams immidiatley get better. The Marlins open up a rotation spot that we can play with using minor league talent. And add triple A bats that can be brought up. As I previously stated Urena, not good, but is better than some of the pitchers they are sending out. And they are giving up essentially nothing for him. Neither player is really considered a prospect. Leyba is 24 on daimondbacks top 30 mlb, and Cron does not appear. It's low risk for everyone involved.
  3. Oh, I never posted this idea. It's Brilliant!!!! If the team did this I would be happy. They won't but IF they did! So, here is the idea. Marlins get Kevin Cron and Domingo Leyba Daimondbacks get Jose Urena Diamondbacks immediately get better, Marlins get new bats.
  4. There was a fangraphs article a while back talking about bust likelihood. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/an-update-to-prospect-valuation/ The point is the valuation of the prospects at the time of the trade had a high likelihood of success.
  5. I don't know. ugh. We don't hit. But there is no rush to be good. Harrison keep down. Easy. Dean, probably bring up. Ramirez, probably leave down. Riddle probably leave down. Probably. I think my problem right now is there are so many guys I'd like to replace on the mlb squad, that it's hard for me to fix things easily. Honestly at this point, personally I'd give the diamondbacks a call. See if they will give us Domingo Leyba, and Kevin Cron for Urena. That'll at least give us 2 more bats to work with.
  6. Personally I strongly dislike the guy. He wasn't the problem as we suggested by the Mish podcast with Dan Jennings showed. But he didn't help. I stand by the perspective if the Marlins had not made a single trade from 2010 on, I think we would be the best organization in baseball.
  7. Why does Nick Anderson not get more opportunities late in the game? And why aren't we having Steck figure it out in the sixth or seventh rather than in the eighth? I feel like our bullpen is a mixed bag, we have the statcast data lets use it to make informed decisions about our pen.
  8. You guys are always so negative. Our pitching is some of the best in the league. Even guys like Romo who have been bad, if you check statcast have been just very unlucky. Steckinrider and Chen are actually bad at baseball and SHOULD be sent down/released. But beyond that we should be dominating, and we kind of are. Alcantara, the ground ball machine, has coaxed hitters into bad contact. KKaleb Smith has been one of the most dominant pitchers in all of baseball. Pablo Lopez has furthered the trend and has been very unlucky. Trevor Richards has been league average. The bulldog has been league average, he is our 4th best pitcher and he has been league average most teams do not have a 5 who is league average. And Urena...welll he is urena. He had is crappy april, righted the ship early, now is back to being a dependable arm (personally I'd like him to be traded). Oh yeah did I mention we have lots of other guys in the minors who look awesome too. I know this is not what this board is about. Talking about what this team has done well. But we look really good. So now the big question, does anyone know how to make our offense league average?
  9. So question? Can anyone play a role on the major league offense this year?
  10. eh, it's game 5. lots of positives. We lost, but there is a lot to like about this team.
  11. haha so number 4 for me was a positive. I expect this team to be an all or nothing type offense. A handful of guys in the lineup will make very little contact and so it's nice to see them making the most of the contact they made. Rojas, Prado, even Castro to some extent aren't really going to hit a lot of extra base hits, so they are pretty much a 1 in three chance to get on. For us to be successful the other guys are gong to have to hit XBH. If more than half our hits are extra base hits we will win a lot of games.
  12. What do we do about him then? Personally I'd prefer to send out Gallen.
  13. Can we move Urena? Like he hasn't shown an ability to get swing and misses and because of that his ceiling is limited.
  14. Honestly I am really happy he has offers. I didn't want him out of baseball, I just don't want him on my team. I'd rather us trust the young staff than give a guy who doesn't have a lot of upside a start. I dislike the move because he is a good guy, but I agree with it. Jeter believes winning is the best way to get fans behind the team. This move and the move to send down o'brien show that it will come down to performance. By the end of the season I think upwards of 40 different players will suit for the team. Exclusively due to individual performance.
  15. It'd be nice. But sadly I don't think it is going to translate into the season. Our offense hasn't, at least in ST, shown to have much ability to not strike out, or hit fly balls, or have extra base hits. With that said it might be because there are a lot of guys that have had a lot of at bats who do not have many extra base hits.
  16. Has Brinson fallen off a cliff after his hot start?
  17. This early in spring. I don't trust anything. Brinson isn't going to be MVP. O'brien isn't going to hit 100. I think We are going to have to wait another week to say anything. But at the end of the day we don't have the statcast data, we don't know how this team is evaluating the players.
  18. I hope Yamamoto gets into the game. And Halloway. And Granderson. Are Lopez, and Smith healthy? If so it'd be nice if they played too.
  19. Exactly. The final score doesn't matter. Literally means nothing. What does matter is what you are seeing guys work on. I wish we had video to identify if Richards was working on a third pitch (which he needs). I also wish I knew the types of At bats Diaz had. Also what kind of exit velo Harrison had on his hits. Ugh, early spring training is such a tease. There isn't enough information to say anything, and anything you assume to be true could be taken as small sample size problems. I guess we should just be happy baseball is back AND wins and losses currently don't matter.
  20. I think the expectation was that the braves or someone else would bite. The plan was a top 20 prospect. That was pretty much how you got to the table. It's the what else that was holding up this trade. The marlins wanted clearly at LEAST 1 more high upside piece. Either that be a major league asset, or a prospect. Then they wanted a guy with good numbers in the minors. This wasn't the ideal package, but it checks all the boxes. This is exactly what I expected during the winter meetings and this is what I am glad we got. Now the big question going forward and it's the question that we still aren't sure we are going to like the answer to, is can we turn raw talent into baseball success? I'm not sure, the organization believes that they can. We will see.
  21. What now? How much money do we have? Could we conceivably sign Yolbert Sanchez? Will we sign Josh harrison, Logan Forsythe? Is Brett Anderson coming to camp? Literally now that the Realmuto trade is over, and we got about what we should get. What do we do now?
  22. No, but we didn't "get money" we got the right to spend money.
  23. Why did we get the money? we have what 1 million right now in international pool money?
  24. No, you need that third/fourth piece. Sixto is a high upside guy. Alfaro too. You need a third piece to make the risks worthwhile.
  25. I don't understand the insistence of the mlbpa to have the dh in both leagues. if the rosters are expanded to 26 they get an extra player on the 40 man roster. Why do they have a preference between a pitcher or a hitter?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.