goldberg criticizing the marlins

Guest Moneyball

Common guys.

This is the most retarded conspiracy theory EVER TOLD on the history of pro sports.

A Stadium would mean that Loria's investment would multiply many times (remember, he only put a small amount up front as a down paynment). The team would be worth at least 100 Million more with a brand new stadium.

Hank continues to be the degenerated loser . . . .

Common guys.

This is the most retarded conspiracy theory EVER TOLD on the history of pro sports.

A Stadium would mean that Loria's investment would multiply many times (remember, he only put a small amount up front as a down paynment). The team would be worth at least 100 Million more with a brand new stadium.

:lol

Loria will benefit more from Hank scenerio.How about stop being homer and realize Fat hank might have point.I'm not saying that without a doubt is absolutely true but it makes alot sense.

Common guys.

Loria will benefit more from Hank scenerio.How about stop being homer and realize Fat hank might have point.I'm not saying that without a doubt is absolutely true but it makes alot sense. Explain to me how would Loria benefit more from Hank scenario? At least back up your statements

Common guys.

Loria will benefit more from Hank scenerio.How about stop being homer and realize Fat hank might have point.I'm not saying that without a doubt is absolutely true but it makes alot sense. Explain to me how would Loria benefit more from Hank scenario? At least back up your statements 1.He is free of his obligation to pay MLB the 30 mil he borrowed since "He tried " to get stadium deal done.

2.Free to move the team to a location which would finance stadium using public money without Loria spending a dime(Portland).

3.Loria will be making money off new city just by moving in and of course not having to pay back MLB.

Let see:

Doesn't have to pay back MLB

New stadium courtesy of the tax payers in his new location.

$$ just for moving to new city(The city will pay the moving cost and you know the city will get the shaft.).

Guest Moneyball

this week has been a real bumer on the stadium; the 7 news report, goldberg, not getting the 60mil.

i think we will hit rock bottom on this issue, must of the time there is a rebound just in time for thr deadline.

Plus did anyone know:

Major League Baseball would receive 20 percent of Marlins profits for the first five years in the new facility plus 38.7 Mil?

Yet another reason why it would be a smart business to takeoff and run.

What profit would the Fish be making...

-117 for stadium plus any cost overuns.

-20 percent for 5 years profits would go to mlb.

-38.7 million that have to pay within two years of stadium inagruation.

you need to chill out

relax

take some damn ridalin and dont worry about anything until you hear it from a legit source or in print from espn or something like that

im not saying Hank isnt telling the truth, but he is the only one saying this

Common guys.

Loria will benefit more from Hank scenerio.How about stop being homer and realize Fat hank might have point.I'm not saying that without a doubt is absolutely true but it makes alot sense. Explain to me how would Loria benefit more from Hank scenario? At least back up your statements 1.He is free of his obligation to pay MLB the 30 mil he borrowed since "He tried " to get stadium deal done.

2.Free to move the team to a location which would finance stadium using public money without Loria spending a dime(Portland).

3.Loria will be making money off new city just by moving in and of course not having to pay back MLB.

Let see:

Doesn't have to pay back MLB

New stadium courtesy of the tax payers in his new location.

$$ just for moving to new city(The city will pay the moving cost and you know the city will get the shaft.). "1.He is free of his obligation to pay MLB the 30 mil he borrowed since "He tried " to get stadium deal done."

he will be better off with a Stadium

"2.Free to move the team to a location which would finance stadium using public money without Loria spending a dime(Portland)."

hmm, how come the Expos are still looking for a home? Where are the stadiums being built?

"3.Loria will be making money off new city just by moving in and of course not having to pay back MLB."

Nice on paper, we will have to sit and wait

I am absolutely appalled at how easily some of you are swayed by venomous lies of Hank Goldberg and the media generally. The only freakin' reason he buys season tickets is so he can take the moral highground when he rips the team and its ownership to shreds. Don't you fools know when you are being manipulated? For God's wake up and smell the coffee.

Loria and company have lost alot more than $30 million already in owning the Marlins, nevermind the money down a rathole in Montreal that they'll never recover. By the time the $30 million from MLB kicks in (if they don't get a new stadium) it wouldn't amount to a pisshole in the snow compared to the losses they will have rung up. At the current runrate they'll be nearly $75-100 million in the red by the time the 2007 season opens. You don't hear that from FatHank now do you.

Move to Portland? By the time a baseball stadium is built they'll still be a $100 million in the hole. DC? Same thing. They can't leave PPS until 2005 at the earliest (another $30-40 million in losses by then) when their lease runs out. You are being forcefed one side of the story.

Some clownshoes said he listened to Hank to get both sides of the story. I nearly fell out of my chair with that one. When have we ever gotten the unvarnished, complete truth from FatHank? I'll tell you when - never!!!! Hank thinks he's on the winning side of this battle, and that's what it is folks, a battle. It's good versus evil. It's the Lone Ranger against the guys in black hats. We should be carrying Loria around the streets on our shoulders and thanking him for what he's accomplished. Those of you at the game Tuesday, did you see a guy who looked like he was hustling you? I say no. Loria is the real deal.

The hustling, the lying, the BS is coming from Hank Goldberg and the rest of the media.

Then there's this "we should call their bluff" bullcrap. Do me a favor and leave me out of your cadres of fools. Maybe you don't care if there's MLB here in South Florida but I do and so you can count me out. Loria and company have done everything they possibly can to save baseball here and they have had sh*t thrown in their face since the day they arrived. No one deserves the personal insults and vulgar comments heaped on Loria and Samson. Lest you forget, let me take you back to the morning after our Marlins won the wildcard and there on the front page of the Miami Herald sports section was a pitcure of a woman carrying a sign that read "Loria=MVP" and a Herald writer felt comfortable opining that MVP stood for "Most Vile Parasite".

Or maybe you think it was funny that for two seasons FatHank called David Samson "Half-man" every chance he got. What a piece of dog manure Hank Goldberg is.

I hope you understand by now you're being spun? Someone wants the Marlins. Someone (probably some entity, I don't want to make this sound like there's a Mr. Big behind a darkened screen barking out orders) but this is a full court press by someone with media relations working overtime to get this story out. It's not by accident that Hank Tester, Carmel and Michael Putney all had almost the exact same story in the last forty-eight hours or that Hank was reciting it again.

I think this may have to do with the redemption of Manny Diaz and to a lesser degree Joe Arriolo. Manny is running for Mayor, trying to keep his job. he looked like a jerk with that half-assed OB plan of his that would have virtually guaranteed failure for the Marlins. If Penelas is successful in getting this done Manny is going to look like a big loser.

Wayne certainly has his claws in this. He's doing everything he can to chase the Marlins out of town. Let's face it, as successful as he is Wayne doesn't play well with others.

Don't let yourselves be manipulated by a hater like FatHank Goldberg. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He is the scum of the earth.

Great post Marlins2003... One thing though....

I always see people throwing around how much money Loria is losing, etc....

Fact is, you have no idea if he is in fact losing money at all. Heck, even Congress can't get the skinny since they refuse to open their books.

I, like everyone else, think Loria is losing money, but to try to qualtify exaclty how much just by what he tells you isn't exaclty reliable. Add in the cloak and dagger deal with MLB to move out of Montreal and things get real murky, real quick.

Great post Marlins2003... One thing though....

I always see people throwing around how much money Loria is losing, etc....

Fact is, you have no idea if he is in fact losing money at all. Heck, even Congress can't get the skinny since they refuse to open their books.

I, like everyone else, think Loria is losing money, but to try to qualtify exaclty how much just by what he tells you isn't exaclty reliable. Add in the cloak and dagger deal with MLB to move out of Montreal and things get real murky, real quick.

Mr. FilletO'Fish good buddy you tell me what the number is and I'll accept it. let's say they only lose $70 million in five years not $100 million. Does that do it for you? Does it make the point to you that even if they lost $60 million and MLB forgave $30 million, THEY'D STILL HAVE LOST 30 MILLION FREAKIN' DOLLARS ALL IN THE NAME OF SAVING BASEBALL IN SOUTH FLORIDA FOR YOU AND ME!!!!!

I am absolutely appalled at how easily some of you are swayed by venomous lies of Hank Goldberg and the media generally. The only freakin' reason he buys season tickets is so he can take the moral highground when he rips the team and its ownership to shreds. Don't you fools know when you are being manipulated? For God's sake wake up and smell the coffee.

Loria and company have lost alot more than $30 million already in owning the Marlins, nevermind the money down a rathole in Montreal that they'll never recover. By the time the $30 million from MLB kicks in (if they don't get a new stadium) it wouldn't amount to a pisshole in the snow compared to the losses they will have rung up. At the current runrate they'll be nearly $75-100 million in the red by the time the 2007 season opens. You don;t here that from FatHank now do you.

Move to Portland? By the time a baseball stadium is built they'll still be a $100 million in the hole. DC? Same thing. They can't leave PPS until 2005 at the earliest (another $30-40 million in losses by then) when their lease runs out. You are being forcefed one side of the story.

Some clownshoes said he listened to Hank to get both sides of the story. I nearly fell out of my chair with that one. When have we ever gotten the unvarnished, complete truth from FatHank? I'll tell you when - never!!!! Hank thinks he's on the winning side of this battle, and that's what it is folks, a battle. It's good versus evil. It's the Lone Ranger against the guys in black hats. We should be carrying him around the streets on our shoulders and thanking him for what he's accomplished. Those of you at the game Tuesday, did you see a guy who looked like he was hustling you? I say no. Loria is the real deal.

The hustling, the lying, the BS is coming from Hank Goldberg and the rest of the media.

Then there's this "we should call their bluff" bullcrap. Do me a favor and leave me out of your cadres of fools. Maybe you don't care if there's MLB here in South Florida but I do and so you can count me out. Loria and company have done everything they possibly can to save baseball here and they have had sh*t thrown in their face since the day they arrived. No one deserves the personal insults and vulgar comments heaped on Loria and Samson. Lest you forget, let me take you back to the morning after our Marlins won the wildcard and there on the front page of the Miami Herald sports section was a pitcure of a woman carrying a sign that read "Loria=MVP" and a Herald writer felt comfortable oping that MVP stood for "Most Vile Parasite".

Or maybe you think it was funny that for two seasons FatHank called David Samson "Half-man" every chance he got . What a pieve piece of dog manure Hank Goldberg is.

I hope you understand by now you're being spun? Someone wants the Marlins. Someone (probably some entity, I don't want to make this sound like there's a Mr. Big behind a darkened screen barking out orders) but this is a full court press by someone with media relations working overtime to get this story out. It's not by accident that Hank Tester, Carmel and Michael Putney all had almost the exact same story in the last forty-eight hours or that Hank was reciting it again.

I think this may have to do with the redemption of Manny Diaz and to a lesser degree Joe Arriolo. Manny is running for Mayor, trying to keep his job. he looked like a jerk with that half-assed OB plan of his that would have virtually guaranteed failure for the Marlins. If Penelas is successful in getting this done Manny is going to look like a big loser.

Wayne certainly has his claws in this. He's doing everything he can to chase the Marlins out of town. Let's face it, as successful as he is Wayne doesn't play well with others.

Don't let yourselves be manipulated by a hater like FatHank Goldberg. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He is the scum of the earth.

One question?Have you seen their books?Can you trust what they are saying?Even cape who is the biggest homer admit it to being unsure on state of financial status of Marlins.I don't think any one here can use figure Marlins put out there.

Why would they be 100 mil down the hole by moving?They would receive relocation money from the new City.Attendance would be drasticly better in Portalnd which is a city starving to see MLB.Just because stadium won't be ready right away doesn't mean they won't be benefiting from new location even if they would be play in second rated baseball complex at first.

I don't care about Baseball surviving in S.Florida?Please.Only local sport I support regularly by purchasing season tickets.One reason why I rather see Loria do right thing and sell team to someone with $$>

Loria has done everything in his power to keep baseball in S.Florida? :lol

never hired a lobbyist, no plan, totally unprepared, no location

Now Wayne is involve?I personally hate Wayne more than Loria but I don't see the connection.

Mr. FilletO'Fish good buddy you tell me what the number is and I'll accept it. let's say they only lose $70 million in five years not $100 million. Does that do it for you? Does it make the point to you that even if they lost $60 million and MLB forgave $30 million, THEY'D STILL HAVE LOST 30 MILLION FREAKIN' DOLLARS ALL IN THE NAME OF SAVING BASEBALL IN SOUTH FLORIDA FOR YOU AND ME!!!!!

NO, it doesn't do it for me. Franchise profitability at the ownership level cannot be determined by revenue or annual net operating profit/loss.

Why?

Because owners buy teams, lose an additional 50 percent in operating loses over the term of their ownership, then sell the franchise for 2 to 10 times of what they paid originally.

SO what, Loria loses 30 MILLION FREAKIN dollars. Then he either sells at a profit several multiples higher than his operating loss, or moves to a new city, which boosts the valuation of the franchise many times more than the 30 million he lost.

You have to look at operating losses of a baseball team like capital improvments on your home. If you buy a house for 100K, then sell it for 300K 5 years later, do you b***h and moan because you had to dump 25K into a new roof a year or two after you bought it?

It's all about capital appreciation.

And all of this is, of course, you believe that they are providing accurate revenue numbers in the first place.

You don't think Wayne is invloved in trying to keep the Marlins from owning their own stadium? lololololol

He's gone on record publicly on several occasions stating that he doesn't want them there. He doesn't realize enough of a profit to justify the extra work.

Unless this is all part of a grand conspiracy.

You don't think Wayne is invloved in trying to keep the Marlins from owning their own stadium? lololololol

Not necessarily ...

You will have to look at the big picture one again.Wayne knows Marlins are not planning to stay here long tem under current circumstances and lease will be up in another year.