Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strategies to Catch a Ball!!

Featured Replies

I want a friggin ball! I have never gotten one. I want to accomplish my goal this Saturday when I go because today I am not sitting in seats ball eligble. I know this is a silly thread but If anyone could give me a tip on how to get on I would appreciate. This has become my goal for Saturday. I will be sitting in CF Row 9. But during pre-game warmups I go up to front row, lean on the bar, try talking to the other team/our teams OF to give us one and they never toss it to me :( . First I tried in English to this guy Rivera on Expos then in Spanish and this little annoying kid not only got a ball, but he got his hat signed by some Expo running in front of us. Blah! Anyone?!

Go in right when the gates open, that way the Marlins are taking practice. Be nice to the opponents players when they come out too, don't talk trash. Keep leaning on the wall and keep asking. After a while one of them most likely will give it to you. But beware, there are people like Livan and Natal who always give balls out, and there are people that don't give anything. Most of the time bench players won't give balls unless they have some sort of affiliation with the city. But if you hit up a pitcher or a position player that regurlarly plays you should get one after a while. Coaches are toss ups, sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

  • Author

Thanks Juanky! I appreciate your help. I know for a fact Saturday I will be going as soon as the gates open because I am going for the ring. Thanks again.

I'll let you in on my "little secret weapon": MY THREE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.

 

 

 

Last year (when she was only 2 1/2 years old), she would stand by the railings in the Terrace Box section (visitors bullpen) and just waive "HI" to the players. They would come right up to her and give her a baseball. She managed to rack in about 6 baseballs last season from players like Jung Bong (ATL), Mike Williams (PHI), Adam Eaton (SD), Yorvit Torrealba (SF, at NLDS Game 3), Bobby Dewes (ATL bullpen coach), etc...

 

The morale to the story is that most of the times, players will give a baseball to a little kid. Everytime they gave my daughter a ball, all the other kids and guys around would just leave in a huff of anger. It was quite funny. Most of the times, we weren't even asking for baseballs, but they would just walk up to my daughter and hand it to her. I always made sure that she would say "Thank You" to the English players and "Gracias" to the Latino players.

Choi is learning English and Spanish thanks to his new best friend

Choi is learning English and Spanish thanks to his new best friend

After the game on opening day I saw him giving an interview and he had a translator with him.

He is learning is what I said

Kevin millar gave me a baseball on my birthday 2 years ago and julian tavarez was pitching and the marlins were losing 6-0 and they came back and won that game it was awesome it was against philly i was so happy.

Who is CHoi's best friend????

 

Ive been so close to catching foul balls at pro player but no luck. I did get one when i was younger at the 1993 baseball world cup game in Nicaragua Vs. Italy

Who is CHoi's best friend????

 

Ive been so close to catching foul balls at pro player but no luck. I did get one when i was younger at the 1993 baseball world cup game in Nicaragua Vs. Italy

Cabs, unless your being Rhetorical...

 

 

A baseball landed in the row behind me once on a foul ball, and I didn't have my glove on. I was so pissed...

I almost caught one at the Albuquerque game that Agon hit just left of the foul pole in left field. I jumped from our seats and got it off the ground but a little kid got to it like 2 seconds after I did so I gave it to him. I'm such a pushover for the younguns.

I almost caught a T shirt once in 96 while sitting in the upper deck. It landed a couple (empty) seats away, but I couldn't get to it fast enough out of fear of spilling my beer. Never even been that lucky with foul balls....I'm always in a different section.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.