Dontrelle - The Legend Grows

Hotcorner

That was one the best all-around performances I've ever seen from a Marlin.

Think he answered a few critics last night?

3-for-3 from the plate, 7 2/3 shutout innings, striking out Expos batters, diving for foul balls, flying into home on a headfirst slide & beating the tag, bearing down & getting tough outs late in the game & with men on base. The guy's an absolute joy to watch.

:notworthy

The legend continues....

In truth, I had concerns prior to the game. Dontrelle has the ability but he has, at times, not demonstrated his talents well. Last night I was thrilled to see him pitch, swing the bat, and score! What a great performance!!

I no longer have concerns! Go D-TRAIN!! Go Fish!!!

Article >>

_

What really is important is that our starting pitchers continue to pitch solid games. Our bullpen, as must agree, is our weakness. Josh Beckett, Darren Oliver, Carl Pavano, Brad Penny, and Dontrelle Willis must keep it going. The less we see the other pitchers, the better it will be for the team.

Tonight we will get a look at Pavano, I hope he continues to roll. I tell you I am so impressed with how far along our starting rotation has come. If they continue to pitch this good it wont be long before people realize we have the BEST starting 5 in the NL.

ESPECIALLY when AJ comes back.....the only question mark still remaining is Oliver for now.