Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Benitez was rocking!

Featured Replies

Hi everyone!

 

I think Benitez was a great addition (contrary to what all the tv analysts say). He is more solid than Looper and has stuff comparable to Urbina, for a cheaper price.

 

GO MARLINS!

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It has been only 3 games. Urbina is a SOLID closer. Benitez is not up that level yet. you kidding?

 

benitez was saving games and was a known name when urbina was just a shaky new comer

 

 

benitez is every bit as good as urbina, stats speaking and historically speaking..

I think if you look at career stats you will see Benitez's are MUCH better. He's proven he can be a dominant closer. He has just gotten a bad wrap cause of NY. I will take Benitez over Urbina or Looper any day. Both those guys always made me bite my fingernails

woah if Looper and Urbina made you bite your nails, than get ready for Mando ... this guy will make you eat your whole hand and possibly anyone thats seating next to you.

 

 

the guy is a monster, but when he doesnt have it ... he will CLEARLY let you know that he doesnt have it.

 

 

.... ask anyone in NY, they'll let you know

Urbina has won. He is clutch. He has been in the playoffs and won. He has been in a WS and won. Can Benitez do that? We'll find out soon enough but he has a tendency to choke sometimes. I am not saying he is terrible, I just prefer Urbina over Benitez.

Almost every closer (except Gag-me) has issues at one time or another. But I like Benitez alot more than a fat Urbina or a groundball pitching, lurch-looking "closer" like Pooper.

Almost every closer (except Gag-me) has issues at one time or another. But I like Benitez alot more than a fat Urbina or a groundball pitching, lurch-looking "closer" like Pooper.

Urbina isn't fat. I believe Benitez is bigger than him. I like Benitez, but I prefer Ugie. Ugie has been there and won that. Benitez hasn't. I hope he can, and I look forward to seeing him play some more.

Uggie is fat. He's so out of shape that Detroit sent him to the minors for at least three weeks to get back into some semblance of shape to pitch.

Urbina has won. He is clutch. He has been in the playoffs and won. He has been in a WS and won. Can Benitez do that? We'll find out soon enough but he has a tendency to choke sometimes. I am not saying he is terrible, I just prefer Urbina over Benitez.

I like Urbina a lot, but he wasn't so clutch in the playoffs for us. Check his playoffs numbers, he wasn't a sure thing.

Armando was smoking. 96-98 on the gun....and the location was super.

 

He was totally unhittable.

 

Fox looked a bit shaky on the first batter, but got past him. And then looked strong on the next two.

 

Great job by the bullpen tonight! :thumbup

98 on the gun is pushing it a little bit. I've been watching to see if Big Poppa can smoke it past someone at 98, but he hasn't yet in the last two games (not sure about the first). He was hitting 97 consistently though yesterday.

 

Fox did solid as well, as did Perisho.

 

And it's nice to (for now) have our first "Game Over" closer in a long while.

Urbina has won. He is clutch. He has been in the playoffs and won. He has been in a WS and won. Can Benitez do that? We'll find out soon enough but he has a tendency to choke sometimes. I am not saying he is terrible, I just prefer Urbina over Benitez.

I like Urbina a lot, but he wasn't so clutch in the playoffs for us. Check his playoffs numbers, he wasn't a sure thing. Gm 1 of the NLCS was predictable.

 

Gms 1 and 5 of the World Series were touchy.

 

And Game 4 was awful.

 

 

Benitez > Uggy any day

[

GO MARLINS!

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It has been only 3 games. Urbina is a SOLID closer. Benitez is not up that level yet.

Are you saying that Benitez isn't an established closer?? WTF?! Have you seen his total career saves, his All-Star appearances.....

 

 

:banghead

the guy is a monster, but when he doesnt have it ... he will CLEARLY let you know that he doesnt have it.

 

 

.... ask anyone in NY, they'll let you know

The thing is the fans in New York, and Philadelphia and Boston will crucify you for one mistake.

The rest of us can accept that ballplayers aren't always perfect.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.