Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Benitez was rocking!

Featured Replies

Armando was smoking. 96-98 on the gun....and the location was super.

 

He was totally unhittable.

 

Fox looked a bit shaky on the first batter, but got past him. And then looked strong on the next two.

 

Great job by the bullpen tonight! :thumbup

Fox hit 96 on the gun also, and they said that he has had 2 tommy john surgeries. Tonight was another impressive performance from the bullpen.

Hi everyone!

 

I think Benitez was a great addition (contrary to what all the tv analysts say). He is more solid than Looper and has stuff comparable to Urbina, for a cheaper price.

 

GO MARLINS!

Fox hit 96 on the gun also, and they said that he has had 2 tommy john surgeries. Tonight was another impressive performance from the bullpen.

DVH said he hit 97 on the gun on the first strike out.

Hi everyone!

 

I think Benitez was a great addition (contrary to what all the tv analysts say). He is more solid than Looper and has stuff comparable to Urbina, for a cheaper price.

 

GO MARLINS!

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It has been only 3 games. Urbina is a SOLID closer. Benitez is not up that level yet.

No, Benitez got the save and Perisho got the win again, he has won as many games as batters hes faced.

  • Author

I'm not sure but I think Perisho is leading the majors in wins, I'll check.

lol. That has to be true unless some other reliever would have more. :notworthy

I'm not sure but I think Perisho is leading the majors in wins, I'll check.

nm, he's tied for the lead Victor Zambrano and Kevin Brown both have 2 wins.

Hi everyone!

 

I think Benitez was a great addition (contrary to what all the tv analysts say). He is more solid than Looper and has stuff comparable to Urbina, for a cheaper price.

 

GO MARLINS!

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It has been only 3 games. Urbina is a SOLID closer. Benitez is not up that level yet. Benitez > Urbina + Looper

Hi everyone!

 

I think Benitez was a great addition (contrary to what all the tv analysts say). He is more solid than Looper and has stuff comparable to Urbina, for a cheaper price.

 

GO MARLINS!

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It has been only 3 games. Urbina is a SOLID closer. Benitez is not up that level yet. Did you know that Benitez two years ago was considered one of the top three closers in baseball? And last year he had a good year also. I'll take Benitez over Uggy any day. Benitez as we saw tonight could over power hitters and uggy early on could do that but now hes old and hardly goes over 93 mph.

Hi everyone!

 

I think Benitez was a great addition (contrary to what all the tv analysts say). He is more solid than Looper and has stuff comparable to Urbina, for a cheaper price.

 

GO MARLINS!

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It has been only 3 games. Urbina is a SOLID closer. Benitez is not up that level yet. Urbina's major stats

 

448 games

 

563 2/3 innings pitched

 

35 wins

 

37 losses

 

661 strikeouts

 

206 saves

 

37 Blown Saves

 

.214 BAA

 

1.21 WHIP

 

3.32 ERA

 

 

Benitez (prior to tonight)

 

566 games

 

586 1/3 innings pitched

 

30 wins

 

31 losses

 

766 strikeouts

 

199 saves

 

35 Blown Saves

 

.189 BAA

 

1.21 WHIP

 

3.04 ERA

 

 

 

 

so....how is urbina really superior to Benitez?

 

 

 

question

Urbina's major stats

 

448 games

 

563 2/3 innings pitched

 

35 wins

 

37 losses

 

661 strikeouts

 

206 saves

 

37 Blown Saves

 

.214 BAA

 

1.21 WHIP

 

3.32 ERA

 

 

Benitez (prior to tonight)

 

566 games

 

586 1/3 innings pitched

 

30 wins

 

31 losses

 

766 strikeouts

 

199 saves

 

35 Blown Saves

 

.189 BAA

 

1.21 WHIP

 

3.04 ERA

 

 

 

 

so....how is urbina really superior to Benitez?

 

 

 

question

He's not......

 

ANSWER

I would take Urbina over Benitez any day of the week. Without question.

I think if you look at career stats you will see Benitez's are MUCH better. He's proven he can be a dominant closer. He has just gotten a bad wrap cause of NY. I will take Benitez over Urbina or Looper any day. Both those guys always made me bite my fingernails

Man was he throwing gas like the old Armando!

 

In ST he was around 90 and all of a sudden hitting 98 in the Radar Gun. He was throwing alot of strikes and dominating along with Fox who was also throwing hard (96 MPH)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.