Wilfredo Nieva Cordero

mongoose

The guy has one 0-4 game and we're putting up polls as to whether he should be on the team? Did anyone notice he was 10 for his last 31 (.322) before tonight?

Give me a break. He's a veteran bat off the bench who can play from time-to-time. We need a guy like that. You're so quick to say Niner can play 1B when Choi needs days off. You can never have too many quality bats. I like knowing Cordero is there in case, god forbid, there's an injury or Choi continues to look like an all-or-nothing guy.

He'll be fine. He's been in this role before. Yeah, he's hitting .218, but he started poorly. He's hitting .286 since his little 2-20 slump to open the season, but everyone's too busy ripping him and whining about Choi not being in the lineup to notice.

Cordero is 3 of 18 with runners in scoring position. Enough said.

His defense in left field is terrible.

Choi has demonstrated his defense at 1B is every bit as good or better than Cordero's.

I like the idea of platooning Conine at 1B, and getting OMGNunez into the game more often.

How about he just plays less and Choi plays more

exactly, i'd be fine with Cordero comming off the bench every once and a while, but not every time we face a lefty. How does anyone NOT expect Choi to get into a slump when his playing time is broken up so much, i would rather see Choi (who is the future) develop. maybe this platooning is effecting Cordero too, (he's had some bad defensive plays as well).