Penny did well today.

CapeFish

I knew he would have a good game. I knew that he would have to have a good game for us to win the game! And he was great. And the offense scored a few runs also...they scored just enough. Even though we could have scored more runs if Jim Edmonds wouldnt have made a great catch.

I say yay! Good showing from Penny, he controlled himself and it showed.

The one thing you notice about Penny this year is he is able to shrug off tough calls at the plate.

You can see him express his disappointment sometimes, but it does not rattle him like it did last year. He is quick to forget about it and continues to attack. I really like his attitude this year. :thumbup

Penny has been much better than Josh so far this year.

Cape-Why do you hate him?

Since we traded Mantei for him, he has always had a bad attitude and will throw away a game to punish management. If you don't believe this, then you should look at Penny just last year when McKeon came on and he misbehaved.

Penny is spoiled, hard-headed, and the worst of all, selfish.

Since we traded Mantei for him, he has always had a bad attitude and will throw away a game to punish management. If you don't believe this, then you should look at Penny just last year when McKeon came on and he misbehaved.

Penny is spoiled, hard-headed, and the worst of all, selfish. I'll give you hard-headed.

Throwing away games to punish management? What the hell for?

Please....

Penny is spoiled, hard-headed, and the worst of all, selfish. Yeah. he threw away 2 World Series games. PLEASE!

On what are you basing your statement?

Penny is spoiled, hard-headed, and the worst of all, selfish. That all sounds very far fetched. :thumbdown

It was not a stellar outing, it was passable - he's still inefficient and throwing too many balls way outside of the zone.

You can't complain much with 1 ER in 6 innings....sure we would have liked to see 7 or 8 innings..... but I'll take 6 superb innings with 1 ER over 7 or 8 with 3 or 4 runs any time.

Penny is spoiled, hard-headed, and the worst of all, selfish. We traded Mantei for him...but dont you agree with me that Penny is better than him? If so then why are you mad? He is one of the young guns!

Penny is spoiled, hard-headed, and the worst of all, selfish. We traded Mantei for him...but dont you agree with me that Penny is better than him? If so then why are you mad? He is one of the young guns! I am not mad at the trade.

I am mad at the way Penny has behaved over the last 5 years or so. The way he behaved with McKeon last year was obvious that he was a loose cannon, but thankfully Jack has pretty much strightened him out.

Here is one game vs. the Angels in which Penny, then fighting with McKeon blew a big lead and got a loss.

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...indpost&p=43346

Ok, so he blew a lead.

How does this prove he did it intentionally.

Do you think Willis intentionally blew his 7 run lead in SF this year as well? There was a big difference in the circumstances.

1) Willis had nerves from being home and a bad night

2) Penny was fighting with McKeon actively and had been threatened to be put out of the rotation.

Guest Juanky

It was not a stellar outing, it was passable - he's still inefficient and throwing too many balls way outside of the zone.

Hello darkness, my old friend

Penny is spoiled, hard-headed, and the worst of all, selfish. We traded Mantei for him...but dont you agree with me that Penny is better than him? If so then why are you mad? He is one of the young guns! I am not mad at the trade.

I am mad at the way Penny has behaved over the last 5 years or so. The way he behaved with McKeon last year was obvious that he was a loose cannon, but thankfully Jack has pretty much strightened him out. Who cares about how he acts? What matters is how he plays. And anyways he dosent act like that anymore. He changed a while ago.

I am mad at the way Penny has behaved over the last 5 years or so. The way he behaved with McKeon last year was obvious that he was a loose cannon, but thankfully Jack has pretty much strightened him out. Who cares about how he acts? What matters is how he plays. And anyways he dosent act like that anymore. He changed a while ago. They asked me why I was a Penny hater, I gave my answer.

I am mad at the way Penny has behaved over the last 5 years or so. The way he behaved with McKeon last year was obvious that he was a loose cannon, but thankfully Jack has pretty much strightened him out. Who cares about how he acts? What matters is how he plays. And anyways he dosent act like that anymore. He changed a while ago. They asked me why I was a Penny hater, I gave my answer. Well you should get over it.

I am mad at the way Penny has behaved over the last 5 years or so. The way he behaved with McKeon last year was obvious that he was a loose cannon, but thankfully Jack has pretty much strightened him out. Who cares about how he acts? What matters is how he plays. And anyways he dosent act like that anymore. He changed a while ago. They asked me why I was a Penny hater, I gave my answer. Well you should get over it. Not until Penny does what is expected of him. today was a good game, but until he gives me a season's worth, he ain't leaving the doghouse.