Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thing you hate most about Sportscenter

Featured Replies

Every night, Barry Bonds. Now, Bonds is hitting .360 (Still good) and they have totally jumped off the whole .400 average bandwagon.

 

Every night, we HAVE to hear Tim Legler, Sean Elliot, and Stephen A. Smith talk about how the Lakers will win and why they're so great.

 

Stupid catchphrases. This is why I watch ESPNEWS more. Berman has to give EVERYONE a stupid little nickname and they all have these dumb catchphrases they repeat night after night.

 

Only good thing = Not Top Ten...

They give VERY little credibility to NASCAR. Whether you like/dislike it, or think it's a sport or not, it has the 2nd highest following in the US, next to the NFL.

 

But it's still a very low priority for ESPN to talk about rednecks driving in circles.

 

I agree that soccer should get more coverage. While I think the sport is "cross country with a ball," there are lots of MLS followers too. :cool

The problem I have with SC is that it's continued dominance has spelled the demise of the sports anchor on the local news. If your late news even has a sports report anymore (alot don't) it's buried at :28 past the hour and is given all of about 2 minutes to cover the day's sports news.

 

Although the late news wasn't ever a souce of in-depth sports news, especially on a national scale, it did have alot of postiive benefits. As an example, you saw actual interviews members of local teams, which built rapport with the casual fan, who got to put names with faces on his local team without having to watch every game telecast every night.

 

Stuart Scott is atrocious. He is the only anchor on anything that will cause me to turn the channel as soon as I see his face. THe show went to pot when Scott and every other wannabe under the sun started trying to be Olberman and Patrick Jr, stealing their schtick.

omg i want to murder chris berman when he's in ADD mode.

 

when he's off, he's the most irritating announcer ever. damn has he been off tonight.

I have to say the worst thing is Stuart Scott and his old ass saying stuff like "Holla at a playa". He is trying to hard to be young again. And I hate how there is no soccer coverage or highlights or even game summaries. I mean the other day when BMan came to my house, I was pointing out how they were talking more about that trash (I do not consider it a sport) of Horse Racing and show jack sh*t of soccer. And not only that, when I come home from school they once every 2 months show a soccer game from Europe, but on numerous occasions when I arrive in my home, they show Ping Pong, or Women Car Shows, or Poker Championships, or FireFighters or College Chearleading Competitions and stuff like that. Grrrrr!!

Stuart Scott is like a white going doing an impression of a black guy that is doing an impression of a white guy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.