Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thing you hate most about Sportscenter

Featured Replies

within the last 2 years SC has gone down hill. i especially hate the 3 hour breakdowns on Barry, Kobe, and football. cris berman and his crappy adding nicknames to players. stuart scott looks like those crooks that come to your house to sell you life insurance.

Those stupid inspiration stories they sometimes do. I'd rather them cover more sports than do those stories about some kid who got hazed.

i hate that they don't have the boxscores after a highlight.

It's right that this topic was posted under "Entertainment." Therein lies the problem. SportsCenter tries to be entertainment when it should just focus on scores, news, etc. In-depth interviews / close-ups...who cares? And what the hell is with that "Death of a Salesman" mini-series? And why, just when I started to care what happened to that sap, is it gone?

f*** the Budweiser hot seat!!!!!!!

Those stupid inspiration stories they sometimes do. I'd rather them cover more sports than do those stories about some kid who got hazed.

amen

 

and what the hell is that "Scout" s*** where he finds that kid that can law mowns?

Those stupid inspiration stories they sometimes do. I'd rather them cover more sports than do those stories about some kid who got hazed.

amen

 

and what the hell is that "Scout" s*** where he finds that kid that can law mowns? Seriously, I hate those long stupid commercials about how they found the "future" of lawn mowing

Those stupid inspiration stories they sometimes do. I'd rather them cover more sports than do those stories about some kid who got hazed.

amen

 

and what the hell is that "Scout" s*** where he finds that kid that can law mowns? Seriously, I hate those long stupid commercials about how they found the "future" of lawn mowing i know, if you're gonna make segments, at least relate it to sports and make it funny - not some kid that mows lawn for baseball fields, it's so corny

 

i do like the little segments like budweiser hot seat and the sportscenter final exam and of course the top 10 plays.

 

by the way, what ever happened to the kid that won "dream job" i haven't seen him on there once. mike something...

i think there is a period of 6 months for an anchor in any network to start. i heard that is why brian andrews hasn't been seen in months on 7 news because he is now with cbs 4.

i hate that they don't have the boxscores after a highlight.

Yes! Nothing like waiting for your score and getting a little crappy score on the bottom and thats it.

I don't have that many complaints. Its certainly not as good as the Big Show was in the golden years but it gets the job done.

I hate no Box Score

 

I hate absolutely no coverage of lesser known games and if they are, they either do it in a joke manner or a cheap 10 sec shot of one HR.

 

THey have ruined it. I do not turn into SC for entertainment damnit, I tune in to see the games, I do not get access to without having to read The Sports Section.

 

It needs an overhaul.

i'm watching a 10+ minute breakdown on the lakers on SC. WHO GIVES A f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE ON THE EAST COAST!!!!!!!!!!!! they should do a telecast for the west coast.

 

 

I hope FSN comes up with a version of SC not FOX SPORTS ONE what a crappy title.

Stuart Scott sucks.

 

So does Dan Patrick and his jerky interviews... :thumbdown

f*** the Budweiser hot seat!!!!!!!

Yeah, I hate stuff like that. Sportscenter is becoming so commercialized. And Dan Patrick and Stuart Scott are both awful. I think DP has the job just because he is a big name guy because he is so boring and bad. SS thinks hes so cool but he's a loser.

But stuff like the Hot Seat and other things just plain suck.

f*** the Budweiser hot seat!!!!!!!

Yeah, I hate stuff like that. Sportscenter is becoming so commercialized. And Dan Patrick and Stuart Scott are both awful. I think DP has the job just because he is a big name guy because he is so boring and bad. SS thinks hes so cool but he's a loser.

But stuff like the Hot Seat and other things just plain suck. Word.

another 10+ minute breakdown on the lakers. they love rubbing it in.

Is Linda Cohn an option?

 

I really don't watch it that much anymore .. i use to watch it religiously .. often times in a repetative nature

 

I wish plays of the week were plays of the week again .. this started to go down hill when they'd have guest announcers and guest bands to set the highlights to

 

I think my main gripe is that they are trying very hard to be entertaining and captavating

 

Sports in and of itself is entertaining and captavating ... sports has drama, comedy, excitement and all the other fun things that toy at human emotions

 

Sports will have nicknames, plays that everyone will laugh at, dramatic comebacks and serious moments of injury, death, overcoming the odds, etc

 

Sportscenter should just let these things play out naturally .. treat it like the news of sports

 

Give us the pertinant highlights of all games, give us boxscores, sumarize who's hot and not, let the players personalities show through, embrace nicknames but please avoid schtick

 

Schtick can work short term, but eventually it grows old ... i don't need a smart ass remark after every highlight

 

When someone messes up, give it to them, bust on them and make good natured fun (as their teamates would) .. if they do something very good congratulate them

 

The athletes are the stars of sportscenter .. the best anchors let that shine through

 

Unfortunately it seems like in an attempt to stay modern and current they create hot seats and quizzes to showcase athletes, instead of letting the truly captiving athletes speak in their sport

 

It's become very dull

I like those SportsCenter commercials about the lawnmower. They're really well directed...

 

Eh, I don't mind Berman (especially during NFL season) and like Stewart Scott. I just think the show's stale.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.