Calgary is the first to Lord Stanley's Cup

Ramp

not a fan of any of the eastern teams. TB because if they make it to the finals theyll probably win it, and the panthers are my only FL hockey team so it wouldnt be fun to see them get it b4 the REAL FL hockey team.

and the flyers, well theyre the flyers who doesnt hate them?

either way ill be goin for calgary in the finals!!

As a Panther fan, I hope Tampa wins it. We need a boost to Hockey in this state.

If you were a Panthers fan, you would want Philly to be in the finals not Tampa. :banghead

I guess that west coast Florida propaganda is getting to you Cape. Don't listen to it! Its for your own good.

Congrats to Calgary, Mikka Kipusroff was the steal of the season. (I believe they sharks traded him for a draft pick and a minor league journeymen)

As a Panther fan, I hope Tampa wins it. We need a boost to Hockey in this state.

If you were a Panthers fan, you would want Philly to be in the finals not Tampa. :banghead

I guess that west coast Florida propaganda is getting to you Cape. Don't listen to it! Its for your own good.

Congrats to Calgary, Mikka Kipusroff was the steal of the season. (I believe they sharks traded him for a draft pick and a minor league journeymen) No, Tampa. It would help fuel interest for both teams like the Marlins winning did for the D-Rays. There is no propaganda here, this is Panther's territory and the bolts don't hold a candle here, but I'd rather have a Floridian team than any team from Philly or Canada win it.

Guest marlins02

cape is just a f***ing homer. the NHL which is on its death bed doesnt want calgary AND tampa in the finals. gary bettman might as well be wearing a flyers jersey at game 7 because theres no doubt the league wants philly.

Great game tonight, 5-4 Flyers win in OT.

I still like Tampa in the 7th game this Saturday, but it's going to be a hell of a game.

And Tampa-Calgary isn't going to kill hockey. They don't get strong ratings anyway, the people who watch hockey are going to watch it anyway. It's still going to be higher rated than it's been in a while because more Canadians will be watching. There's no question that Philly-Calgary = higher ratings, but I'm willing to bet Tampa-Calgary will get higher numbers than the last 3 or 4 cups, since we've got a Canadian team. Obviously, those don't effect American numbers, but more people will be watching.

And they already signed their TV deal, these ratings aren't relevant anyway.

Guest Juanky

Tampa vs. Calgary would absolutely kill hockey. The NHL needs the Flyers in the finals to ensure at least a small number of viewers.

How are you killing hockey? If Philly wins, Philly watches. Big deal. If they don't, they don't watch. Either way, you'll have the entire nation of Canada watching and rooting on the Flames.

Plus, I'll be watching, nothing else matters.

Philly is an established market for the NHL, so is Calgary. Tampa and Florida are not. They need something like this to bring the NHL to the forefront in the state.

Hockey is growing in Florida because of the Panthers run in 1996, a Lightning Championship would boom the state into hockey fever well through the strike/lockout, if it happens.

Congrats to Calgary, Mikka Kipusroff was the steal of the season. (I believe they sharks traded him for a draft pick and a minor league journeymen) No, Tampa. It would help fuel interest for both teams like the Marlins winning did for the D-Rays. There is no propaganda here, this is Panther's territory and the bolts don't hold a candle here, but I'd rather have a Floridian team than any team from Philly or Canada win it. True but I am speaking from a Panther's fan POV. The Lightning are taking away potential Panthers fans Cape, and I'd rather see Canada get their first Stanley Cup in a while. Either way, I want the Flyers ir Lightning to lose.

Besides that, the Lightning are a bunch of fakers like Vinny Lecavlier. How long can he keep the charade up of clubhouse serenity with Tortorella? What about overachieving players like Ruslyan Fedetenko? Martin St. Louis is the only player on that team I respect for he is an all around good guy and great player.

Congrats to Calgary, Mikka Kipusroff was the steal of the season. (I believe they sharks traded him for a draft pick and a minor league journeymen) No, Tampa. It would help fuel interest for both teams like the Marlins winning did for the D-Rays. There is no propaganda here, this is Panther's territory and the bolts don't hold a candle here, but I'd rather have a Floridian team than any team from Philly or Canada win it. True but I am speaking from a Panther's fan POV. The Lightning are taking away potential Panthers fans Cape, and I'd rather see Canada get their first Stanley Cup in a while. Either way, I want the Flyers ir Lightning to lose.

Besides that, the Lightning are a bunch of fakers like Vinny Lecavlier. How long can he keep the charade up of clubhouse serenity with Tortorella? What about overachieving players like Ruslyan Fedetenko? Martin St. Louis is the only player on that team I respect for he is an all around good guy and great player. wrong, here in Fort Myers, most of the native Floridians (and some transplants) are Panthers fan because that's our assigned team and Florida's team. We root for the Lightning because...

1) They are the cousin up I-75

2) They deserve to win

3) Why the hell would we cheer for some evil Canadians?

Besides that, the Lightning are a bunch of fakers like Vinny Lecavlier. How long can he keep the charade up of clubhouse serenity with Tortorella? What about overachieving players like Ruslyan Fedetenko? Martin St. Louis is the only player on that team I respect for he is an all around good guy and great player. wrong, here in Fort Myers, most of the native Floridians (and some transplants) are Panthers fan because that's our assigned team and Florida's team. We root for the Lightning because...

2) They deserve to win

3) Why the hell would we cheer for some evil Canadians? The Lightning are a good boost to the state, north of Orlando, but they aren't going to create any hockey fans down here. Besides, the Lightning do not deserve to win, the Flames do.

Lightning=Overrated

2) They deserve to win

3) Why the hell would we cheer for some evil Canadians? The Lightning are a good boost to the state, north of Orlando, but they aren't going to create any hockey fans down here. Besides, the Lightning do not deserve to win, the Flames do.

Lightning=Overrated Tampa is south of Orlando BTW.

The Lightning winning it all would increase fan appeal for the Panthers and the Lightning.

2) They deserve to win

Lightning=Overrated Tampa is south of Orlando BTW.

I was just making a point Cape that the only people who care are hockey fans down here and people in the area of Tampa.