Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Something needs to be done to provide a spark!

Featured Replies

I say give Nunez a stretch of starts and see what he can do with some real playing time.Right now people are struggling so don't tell me that now is not the time.

I say give Nunez a stretch of starts and see what he can do with some real playing time.Right now people are struggling so don't tell me that now is not the time.

now is not the time :D

  • Author

I say give Nunez a stretch of starts and see what he can do with some real playing time.Right now people are struggling so don't tell me that now is not the time.

now is not the time :D :thumbdown

I also wouldn't mind having Gonzo bench.

what we need is clear... Mike Redmond must be flew to Yankee Stadium to take batting pratice in the nude!

I say start Nu?ez a little bit as well, Conine isn't doing so hot.

 

But can you promise me one thing? If he bombs his starts (again) can you stop the stupid love affair?

  • Author

OMGNUNEZ at catcher + OMGSUTTON at short = wins!

Your sarcasm is weak!

I agree with above post. I'm a huge A-Gon Supporter because his defense helps us a bunch, but I'm reconsidering because we have a fly-ball heavy staff (about to become more-so with the return of AJ). His OBP is so incredibly bad that its time to give Easley some starts. Valdez is not an option because he can barely get on base at AAA. We need some people at the catcher and SS slots that can get on base once in awhile. Its just dreadful what Castro and A-Gon are doing at the plate.

Easley could start at either 2nd or SS. I would put him in for Alex on days Castro starts, and for Castillo when Red starts.

 

In either case he should hit 2nd, with Luis moving to the 6th spot when he plays.

I agree with above post. I'm a huge A-Gon Supporter because his defense helps us a bunch, but I'm reconsidering because we have a fly-ball heavy staff (about to become more-so with the return of AJ). His OBP is so incredibly bad that its time to give Easley some starts. Valdez is not an option because he can barely get on base at AAA. We need some people at the catcher and SS slots that can get on base once in awhile. Its just dreadful what Castro and A-Gon are doing at the plate.

Great point on where defensive strength is needed (anyone concerned we have two corner infielders starting in the outfield, although Conine has good range and Cabrera a good arm? And only two true outfielders on the roster?)

 

However I don't think walk-first batters aren't nearly as valuable at the bottom of the order. They merely clog the basepaths forcing the pitcher to bunt surrendering outs. Give me the player .300 hitter Redmond used to be.

Im pretty sure that Easley has won himself a couple of starts ... he will be in the lineup a couple of days this week ... and im sure Nunez will be there as well.

 

Easley will switch of with Castillo/AGon since they are both basically slumping but Easley is more suited for the second base posish or at least he's more confortable there.

 

but be certain Easley should be given his deserved amount of starts and I would be dissapointed if Jack doesn't put him in there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.