negative fixes...

fishfan25

1. I was a big DO supporter in the offseason but the guy sucks. I am glad AJ is coming back cuz this guy is a long-relief guy.

everytime he starts he does a crappy job.

look at that crap he gave up a HR to that kata guy......WHO?

exactly. i hope he gets cut or traded.....just get him out of the team unless he does good in long-relief job.

2. I am very sad to posts this but bump has got to go to AAA cuz he has got some problems he has got to figure out.

i really like this guy but he has to go back to the isotopes and when he improves bring him back up.....for example....he blew today's lead....not all his fault....

it was toby " i can't field " borland.

but still.

3. alex gonzalez sucks d**k at hitting......good thing he has his defense.....but still everytime he goes to the plate he makes me sick.

4. ramon castro supporter here but i gotta give up on him.....start redmond ok jack.

SOLUTIONS:

1. Put DO in the pen when AJ gets back. sign Rick Helling put him in AAA but give DO a chance in the pen.....

2. when AJ gets back send bump to AAA and DO to the pen.....sign helling OR

get AJ back put DO in the pen and send borland to AAA and hope bump gets it together....

3. just pray for the offense to come around and that the D stays alive and well.....

4. castro sits on the bench and red gets the majority of the play-time.

thoughts?

Guest Guest

Bump actually did well today. He came into a tough situation but he gave us some quality work. Holding it to a tie was huge as we later found out.

Rick Helling would never sign with us just to be put into AAA. Why would he do that?

Why send Borland down when he's been doing a rather nice job for us since being called up?

oliver just needs to be cut.

it was stupid to sign him earlier this year.

it would be for the best if he was cut.

i mean he cant even go 5 innings, what use is he really to the team other than to destroy the bullpen.

even tejera could probably go 5 innings once every 3 starts.

I honestly believe Oliver will accept a demotion to AAA and will be given an opportunity to figure out what is wrong.

I don't think he'll wind up in the pen because right now he's not pitching well enough to be an asset there. He has to go get well, or get out.

As for Helling, there is obviously an issue we don't know about or he'd already be on someone's roster. Beinfest tonight said nothing on his weekly radio interview that would indicate the Marlins are doing anything in the next few weeks with anybody for anyone.

What got my attention was was the absense of a question about the Marlins interest in Helling. Considering Helling's performance last night and the comments from both managers, not to mention his former role with the team, was to me quite telling. There's a back story we're not privy to.

I have some memory of Helling being a problem somewhere along the way. I've tried to find something on it but I've failed so I don;t know if I'm wrong, or whether there's any validity to it. If anyone has any insight, it would be appreciated.

I honestly believe Oliver will accept a demotion to AAA and will be given an opportunity to figure out what is wrong.

I don't think he'll wind up in the pen because right now he's not pitching well enough to be an asset there. He has to go get well, or get out.

As for Helling, there is obviously an issue we don't know about or he'd already be on someone's roster. Beinfest tonight said nothing on his weekly radio interview that would indicate the Marlins are doing anything in the next few weeks with anybody for anyone.

What got my attention was was the absense of a question about the Marlins interest in Helling. Considering Helling's performance last night and the comments from both managers, not to mention his former role with the team, was to me quite telling. There's a back story we're not privy to.

I have some memory of Helling being a problem somewhere along the way. I've tried to find something on it but I've failed so I don;t know if I'm wrong, or whether there's any validity to it. If anyone has any insight, it would be appreciated.

I'm not 100% sure on any of the Helling stuff specifically, but he was given the boot twice. First we traded him, then we let him walk without even gaging his interest in returning...I know that the FO was different in each situation, but simple human pride has to come into account, from both sides.

I mean, Beinfest would essentially be saying "I f***ed up" if he were to offer a contract to him after cutting ties with him, and Helling would be swallowing pride to come back to an organization that cut ties with him twice. I know Billy Martin did it with the Yankees, lol, but maybe Helling has too much pride to do so?

Like I said, I don't know anything about Rick personally, so I'm just going with logic regarding the general situation. I agree though, there definitely has to be something if he's not somewhere already...

[ Unofficial defender of Nate Bump and the bullpen ]

Nate Bump did a very good job today. He's done a decent job all year, save that one stretch when he was overused and tired against the Phillies-Braves-Rockies-Giants. Yeah he coughed up the lead last night but Bump induced three groundballs and got only one out? That usually doesn't happen.

[/ Unofficial defender of Nate Bump and the bullpen ]

Also Darren Oliver will not be cut, he makes too much money to not be tried out in the bullpen. And he won't be sent to AAA, he's got a major league contract. We're just going to have to deal and find out some way he can be useful on the team.

But I do hope we make a run at Helling when he becomes available. The righthanded talent we have in AAA is very sad. With Helling we could have the option of sending Borland or Bump down, and not load the bullpen up with three lefties. The reason why our bullpen has been doing better than when Gracesqui up was not because Borland's a significantly better pitcher but because McKeon is a matchup-type manager and was left with too few righthanded relievers to work with.

[ Unofficial defender of Nate Bump and the bullpen ]

Nate Bump did a very good job today. He's done a decent job all year, save that one stretch when he was overused and tired against the Phillies-Braves-Rockies-Giants. Yeah he coughed up the lead last night but Bump induced three groundballs and got only one out? That usually doesn't happen.

[/ Unofficial defender of Nate Bump and the bullpen ]

Also Darren Oliver will not be cut, he makes too much money to not be tried out in the bullpen. And he won't be sent to AAA, he's got a major league contract. We're just going to have to deal and find out some way he can be useful on the team.

But I do hope we make a run at Helling when he becomes available. The righthanded talent we have in AAA is very sad. With Helling we could have the option of sending Borland or Bump down, and not load the bullpen up with three lefties. The reason why our bullpen has been doing better than when Gracesqui up was not because Borland's a significantly better pitcher but because McKeon is a matchup-type manager and was left with too few righthanded relievers to work with.

In 2003 Oliver signed a minor league contract with Colorado to get his shot.

You're right, he signed an MLB contract. He would be paid the same whether he pitched here or Albuquerque.

Helling wants to start, and the fact is that on June 2nd, he would be back in the pen and therefore be unhappy

now if he was willing to do that, cool....

but I doubt we are looking hard at him anyway

I dont even want DO in the pen, sometimes a starter will do ok for a few innings and then fall apart, so he works better in the pen. But if DO goes into a long relif role we cant have him giving up 4 runs in 4 innings, I hope as soon as June 1 rolls around he is cut or traded, I dont even want him taking up a minor league roster spot at this point.

I dont even want DO in the pen, sometimes a starter will do ok for a few innings and then fall apart, so he works better in the pen. But if DO goes into a long relif role we cant have him giving up 4 runs in 4 innings, I hope as soon as June 1 rolls around he is cut or traded, I dont even want him taking up a minor league roster spot at this point.

I don't believe Oliver's career is over.

He's got a mechanical problem of some sort and if he can work it out in AAA I'd be all for it. We're going to be paying him regardless why not try to do see if he can get back on track?