Tonight Game= Awesome

Ashley

I brought my sign again, so when JP saw it he waved at me... again.. lol. I felt really bad becuz people started booing Oliver badly, and some were screaming that he sucks... i know he isn't great, but if u boo him in a situation like that it could only make things worse... so i didn't understand that :confused

Anywayz, i drank a lot of water so i needed to use the bathroom badly... so i went at the top of the 6th, which was the worst timing ever becuz i missed Lenny's SPECTACULAR catch!!! :( But w/e... Anywayz, i'm pretty sure i ended up on tv becuz we were waving our sign in front of one camera and the red light went off indicating we were on air... It was a fun game... LOOONG and nail biting, but so much fun :)

lol, it's funny becuz i think Jp remembered my sign from last time. Becuz tonight right away he walked onto the feild he waved at the crowd, pointed at my sign, smiled, and pumped his fist up at me. lol That just made my day!

Have fun tomorrow :)

I brought my sign again, so when JP saw it he waved at me... again.. lol. I felt really bad becuz people started booing Oliver badly, and some were screaming that he sucks... i know he isn't great, but if u boo him in a situation like that it could only make things worse... so i didn't understand that :confused

Anywayz, i drank a lot of water so i needed to use the bathroom badly... so i went at the top of the 6th, which was the worst timing ever becuz i missed Lenny's SPECTACULAR catch!!! :( But w/e... Anywayz, i'm pretty sure i ended up on tv becuz we were waving our sign in front of one camera and the red light went off indicating we were on air... It was a fun game... LOOONG and nail biting, but so much fun :)

Look at it this way....the fans are giving the FO a very clear message of their thoughts for keeping Oliver on the team. Let's hope they are listening.

I'm starting to feel sorry for oliver,maybe he can do better in the bullpen...

Why would you think that? He is getting pounded in just about every inning he pitches. He isn't fooling anyone. It's not like he starts doing badly the second time through the order or anything. Lefties are hitting him hard as well.

There is no place for Oliver on this team once AJ comes back.

Why would you think that? He is getting pounded in just about every inning he pitches. He isn't fooling anyone. It's not like he starts doing badly the second time through the order or anything. Lefties are hitting him hard as well.

There is no place for Oliver on this team once AJ comes back. Eric Gagne: 5.15 and 4.75 as a starter

Danny Graves: 5.33 as a starter

Todd Van Poppel: worse than Darren Oliver as a starter

Yeah, awful starters can't become servicable relievers. There's only dozen that make the switch each year.

He is getting pounded in just about every inning he pitches. He isn't fooling anyone. It's not like he starts doing badly the second time through the order or anything. Lefties are hitting him hard as well.

That's not true. Up until last night, Oliver never gave up any runs in the first inning in any games that he started. Last night was the first time out of any game he has started this season where he gave up a run in the 1st, and this just goes to show that he could do a decent job out of the bullpen (better than Bump). Oliver is great for the 1st inning and has proven this on a consistent basis, it's just the problems start in the 2nd, 3rd, and so on. He is the type of guy you could count on to come into a game out of the bullpen and pitch one solid inning, but that's it.

There is no place for Oliver on this team once AJ comes back. Eric Gagne: 5.15 and 4.75 as a starter

Danny Graves: 5.33 as a starter

Todd Van Poppel: worse than Darren Oliver as a starter

Yeah, awful starters can't become servicable relievers. There's only dozen that make the switch each year. I agree. Give him a chance out of the pen. Veteran presence from the pen would be really useful.

I agree. Oliver may not me a great starter, but i think he would make a relly good reliever...

Miri- My sign said "JP Is The Man".

in the begining for the game they were talking about how oliver doesnt allow many runs in the first inning maybe that could be a sign of a good setup man or closer.

As much as I hate him, I'd give him a shot in the pen, it's not as if we have a terrific pen anyways. I'm really glad the fans booed Oliver's ass off, it's about time someone did that!!! I tried doing that the last time he pitched (against SD), but nobody followed. If we boo him consistently, some changes will be made. Boo Castro too!!!