Choi Making a Case

Guest Juanky

Choi's OBP is .379.....which is only valuable if the guys behind him (Castro and Gonzalez) are moving him along.

Which leads me to the thought (and I'll probably get blasted) of putting Choi in the 8th spot, allowing our pitchers a better opportunity at a productive out, and letting Luis and JP knock him in.

Guest Juanky

Maybe if we flip flop a hot Niner and Choi's extremely patient self we could have Niner hitting two run homers instead of solo shots. Just a thought.

BTW, there were some fans a couple seats over to me yesterday that were so pissed that Choi walked that they wanted DLee back. When will it end.

If I were the Marlins, this is the lineup I'd try:

Luis

JP

Choi

Miggy

Hulk

Niner

Sea Bass

Ray Ray

Pitcher

This lineup is an excellent idea IMO. You have the 2 speedsters at the top, then Choi hitting 3rd. Now Choi does take a lot of walks, but put him up there 3rd with JP and/or Luis on base, and he WILL get pitches to hit, especially with Mikey and Cabrera protecting him.

That lineup puts 3 guys that get on base a lot in front of the 2 power hitters. I know it's top heavy, but I think the top 5 (and 6 if Niner hits) in this lineup could be just lethal.

Luis

JP

Choi

Miggy

Hulk

Niner

Sea Bass

Ray Ray

Pitcher

This lineup is an excellent idea IMO. You have the 2 speedsters at the top, then Choi hitting 3rd. Now Choi does take a lot of walks, but put him up there 3rd with JP and/or Luis on base, and he WILL get pitches to hit, especially with Mikey and Cabrera protecting him.

That lineup puts 3 guys that get on base a lot in front of the 2 power hitters. I know it's top heavy, but I think the top 5 (and 6 if Niner hits) in this lineup could be just lethal.

Jack tried this already.

I'm not sure if batting 3rd was too much pressure for the youngster.

Luis

JP

Choi

Miggy

Hulk

Niner

Sea Bass

Ray Ray

Pitcher

Jack tried this already.

I'm not sure if batting 3rd was too much pressure for the youngster. Ah he did, alright. Sorry, it's hard to try and follow 2 teams very closely.

I think this lineup is the best option, but obviously it shouldn't be used if it causes Choi to struggle.

Guest Juanky

Luis

JP

Choi

Miggy

Hulk

Niner

Sea Bass

Ray Ray

Pitcher

Jack tried this already.

I'm not sure if batting 3rd was too much pressure for the youngster. He only tried it one game, and if I remember correctly the record with that lineup is 1-0. Why not do it again?

Luis

JP

Choi

Miggy

Hulk

Niner

Sea Bass

Ray Ray

Pitcher

This lineup is an excellent idea IMO.? You have the 2 speedsters at the top, then Choi hitting 3rd.? Now Choi does take a lot of walks, but put him up there 3rd with JP and/or Luis on base, and he WILL get pitches to hit, especially with Mikey and Cabrera protecting him.

That lineup puts 3 guys that get on base a lot in front of the 2 power hitters.? I know it's top heavy, but I think the top 5 (and 6 if Niner hits) in this lineup could be just lethal.

Jack tried this already.

I'm not sure if batting 3rd was too much pressure for the youngster. He only tried it one game, and if I remember correctly the record with that lineup is 1-0. Why not do it again? Alright good, i'm not an idiot that didn't notice the marlins try this lineup for like a week then.

:)