Farm Update

Shamrock

Albuquerque

Lost 9-4.

*C Matt Treanor did not start, but entered the game in the late innings drawing a walk. Looks like the FO is moving Chris Ashby all over the place. He started at catcher last night and can play the outfield, infield, and pitch.

*The Marlins have signed old timer Josias Manazanillo for relief depth (I hope) in AAA. He's pitched well so far with 4IP, 1H, 0ER, 1BB, 4K and pitched a scoreless inning last night. Actually theres really nobody else I feel comfortable bringing up in AAA right now, except maybe Kevin Olsen who has pitched well despite his ERA. A Bump for Olsen switch would not bother me at all.

*The Banker (Brian Banks) is struggling so far in Albuquerque and went 0-5 last night. His line looks as follows: 232/297/375.

Carolina

Won 8-7

*CF Eric Reed picked up 2 hits in 5 AB including his 5th triple. He is now hitting 304 on the season

*SS Josh Wilson continues his breakout season with 2 more hits in 5AB raising his line to 281/352/408

*KJC's boyfriend, Chip Ambres, reached base 2 times with a walk and a single in 5PA.

*1B Jason Stokes continues to slug the crap out the ball with a double (9) and a homer (14) in 5PA with no strikeouts. He leads the Southern League in HR.

*C Josh Willingham homered and walked twice in his 5PA raising his OBP to a gross 433.

*RP Ryan Baker (minor leaguer recieved in the Hampton deal) is coming back solidly from injury with 2 perfect relief innings and 2 Ks. In 14IP so far this season hes surrendered 8H, 2ER, 3BB, 1HR, and struck out 5. He could see some time in AAA or the big club later this season.

*Project pitcher, Randy Messenger, is putting his demons to rest so far this season with another solid performance last night (1IP, 0ER, 1H, 0BB, 2K). Converted to the pen after spending his career as a starter has helped Randy to harness his good stuff and turn is temper towards the catchers mitt. (21.1IP, 23H, 8ER, 9BB, 27K, 2HR)

*Jeff Fulchino pitched his first game since being promoted from Jupiter and got bombed in 5IP allowing 5H, 5ER, 5BB, and a jack.

Jupiter

Won 4-2.

*Top prospect Yorman Bazardo pitched another gem for the Hammerheads going 7IP allowing 7H, 1ER, 2BB, and struck out 4.

*RF Andy Rohleder has continued to impress coaches after being promoted to replace the injured Jeremy Hermida. He added 2 more hits, including a double (4) to increase his BA to 331.

Greensboro

Lost 4-3.

*In his first start back after resting from a tired arm, LHP Adam Bostick is back to his old ways. Adam threw 5.2 innings allowing 7H, 3ER, 1BB while striking out 8 batters. In 24.1IP this season Bostick has allowed 18H, 6ER, 7BB, 40K, and 0HR.

just a quick question, since I'm clueless to our farm. How does our farm ranks amongs other MLB organizations?

We are middle of the pack.... average in pitching and above average in hitting. But, isnt that in terms of overall talent? Because individually, we got some studs on the farm.

Willingham is looking very good (in a baseball sense, I dont know what he looks like in a uni - maybe Ramp could vouch j/k :lol ).

I would like to see Stokes get moved up to AAA. Why not push him to LF too, give him so PT out there and see what he can do. (Or even RF for that matter).

Also, Hermida, Aguila, Reed, even Ambres are all looking like exciting prospects. We may see one of them up with the team later on.

We have some solid arms pitching too, but I think that will take more time. I like Bill Murphy and even Ben Howard. I hope Howard can come around - we could use a quality arm with the big team right now to help us out.