Cabs Hurt?

:mischief2 Maybe I am seeing things, but I thought I definitely noticed that after Miguel scored in the top o f the ninth, he was running with a limp back to the dugout. Then, Abe takes his place in RF for the bottom of the ninth.....

Is there any intelligence out there on whether Cabs hurt himself running the bases on Red's hit in the top of the ninth?

Guest Juanky

I'm not sure if he got hurt or not because I didn't get the oppurtunity to see the game, but I think that the move to send Nu?ez into the field in the ninth shouldn't be taken as absolute certainty that Miguelito is hurt, because OMGNUNEZ has been sent out there late in games where we have the lead for defensive purposes.

I'm not sure if he got hurt or not because I didn't get the oppurtunity to see the game, but I think that the move to send Nu?ez into the field in the ninth shouldn't be taken as absolute certainty that Miguelito is hurt, because OMGNUNEZ has been sent out there late in games where we have the lead for defensive purposes.

But to my knowledge, Nunez has never been sent out to play right...also....my eyes saw what my eyes saw, and there was a discernable limp to his running back to the dugout......Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cabs was not in the linuep this afternoon.....that will be the true test. :confused

Guest Juanky

Nu?ez has been sent out to right before. He was sent out there in the last game at home against the DBacks, and he has been sent out there a couple times before to spell Cabs just in case the other team puts up a big inning and they need the D.

Not sure about the limping though. Maybe they took a precaution and took him out to make sure he wouldn't get hurt in the field.

:mischief2 Maybe I am seeing things, but I thought I definitely noticed that after Miguel scored in the top o f the ninth, he was running with a limp back to the dugout. Then, Abe takes his place in RF for the bottom of the ninth.....

Is there any intelligence out there on whether Cabs hurt himself running the bases on Red's hit in the top of the ninth?

I saw the same thing.

It was quite noticable and may partially explain his substandard play in the field lately. Clearly he hasn't been getting a good jump on the ball for the last month. When you add in A. Nunez appearance in the ninth inning in what could still be considered a close game, one can only draw the conclusion that Cabs has an injury of one sort or another.

(Rant - of course if we had a half way decent media in this town we'd know. With all the scouts in attendance at every game in MLB, it's not like every GM in the National League doesn't know what's going on.)

Guest Juanky

I just scanned through Rotoworld, and they don't have a mention of it. I'm thinking if there was reason for concern they would have posted something regarding it, as they usually post when someone is removed from a game because of injury. I just think this was all a precaution and because Nu?ez is alot more comfortable in RF.

I just scanned through Rotoworld, and they don't have a mention of it. I'm thinking if there was reason for concern they would have posted something regarding it, as they usually post when someone is removed from a game because of injury. I just think this was all a precaution and because Nu?ez is alot more comfortable in RF.

I like and use Rotoworld too. They are a fine resource.

That said virtually all of Rotoworld's info comes from published reports or broadcast comments. Without media corroboration (to their credit they don't publish wild-*ss rumors or other stuff which is why they have a good reputation) you won't find it on Rotoworld.

I mentioned the possibility of Cabs being injured last week in a post. This limping is nothing new. Anyone who has been to PPS or watched his play in the field (on tv) has to have noticed how poorly he moves. Hopefully it's nothing more than a shin splint or hamstring injury that he's trying to play through.

Guest Juanky

I've seen him not running out balls in right field, but the limp isn't as evident in the outfield as it must have been this one play. He has been running the bases ok as far as I've watched him.

Guest Juanky

I just saw the clip of him running the bases, he looked in obvious pain. I doubt it is a major leg injury, however rest might be the best medicine especially playing so many games in this stretch. If he is going to start everyday then take him out if it is a blowout, or do the same Nu?ez in later for defense we have seen over the past week.

Guest Juanky

They've been talking about the injury all day. Better to get him out of there now and put some ice on it for tomorrow's game than to just be wasting him in the field in a game that Brad is getting close to locking down.

They've been talking about the injury all day. Better to get him out of there now and put some ice on it for tomorrow's game than to just be wasting him in the field in a game that Brad is getting close to locking down.

I have only been following on GameDay,,,,not radio ---- what is the injury?????