PS2 Problems

PhxPhin

I was one of the saps that bought a PS2 when they first came out. For the past couple months I've been getting disc read errors that have prevented me from playing most games and movies in the system.

I've tried to clean it a couple times to no avail.

With my fiance leaving town for a month and the heat already rising to the 110 range it would be nice to game a little bit.

I know this is a problem that has happened a lot with the PS2.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Does anyone know how to fix w/out buying a new system?

Go to office depot and buy those air can's open the ps2,spray the air all over the ps2,then open the part were the disc goes and spray the eye of the laser thingy,and get a clean the laser eye with the q-tip,and don't touch the laser eye,i've done it to my bro's ps2 i rarely play it only my bro and cousin's play it,and i play if i'm reeeeally bored,and it's worked everytime i've fixed it.

Go to office depot and buy those air can's open the ps2,spray the air all over the ps2,then open the part were the disc goes and spray the eye of the laser thingy,and get a clean the laser eye with the q-tip,and don't touch the laser eye,i've done it to my bro's ps2 i rarely play it only my bro and cousin's play it,and i play if i'm reeeeally bored,and it's worked everytime i've fixed it.

well if you've fixed it a couple times, maybe it hasn't woked so well

well if you've fixed it a couple times, maybe it hasn't woked so well It work's good for a couple month's and then i gotta clean it again,but it's better than wasting $200 on a new one,i barely play it anyway's so i dun really care i just fix it for my bro or for when i'm bored lol.

well if you've fixed it a couple times, maybe it hasn't woked so well It work's good for a couple month's and then i gotta clean it again,but it's better than wasting $200 on a new one,i barely play it anyway's so i dun really care i just fix it for my bro or for when i'm bored lol. yea, i see

i tried that with my Xbox, and it didn't work. Maybe u should've done it, lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.