Triple Crown

Marlins Bandit

and that means what?

horse racing is crap these days...nobody really cares.

So nobody watched the race today? You are nuts.

You know exactly what it meant and exactly what I was saying. You are the type of person that would argue the sky isn't blue. Nothing is good enough for you. I'm sorry you have to go through life that way, you probably will miss out on a lot of good stuff.

and that means what?

horse racing is crap these days...nobody really cares.

So nobody watched the race today? You are nuts.

You know exactly what it meant and exactly what I was saying. You are the type of person that would argue the sky isn't blue. Nothing is good enough for you. I'm sorry you have to go through life that way, you probably will miss out on a lot of good stuff. No I did, My dad and myself are horse racing freaks. My Dad used to be a top harness racing trainer.

Everyone that knew something about horse racing knew that Empire Maker would win and I knew that Cide was screwed when he took a lead that early in the race.

yeah i miss out on a lot of stuff......

horse racing sucks....

this was the most excitement in years...and it was blown up again.

horse racing today is nowhere close to what it was 20 years ago.

and that is a FACT.

Cry me a river :boo-woo allright....

didnt know i was whining or crying or anything...

simply stating facts.

Rune is in the minority.

still its not like it was in the late 70s/early 80s......

and lets see if this is a short term thing or the beginning of a longer term trend.

Either is Baseball, so why the hell do you follow that?

Sea Biscuit was a bestseller and is going to be #1 at the boxoffice and a prime canidate for 100 million as it is centered in the June 20th July 4th weekend. That weekend is a notorious weekend for marginal releases being put out. Meaning less competition.

Even if Funnycide did not win it still is a much better story than The Spurs or any other team because this is a real story middle class owners and no marquee names in it's handlers.

So Das if your going to make the argument that it's not at intresting because it's not as popular I suggest you just stop watching sports period exept for Soccer and a few other sports.

horse racing is allright...

at least its not boxing.

Oh man, don't get me started now! At least it's not boxing....please!!!

Boxing is a great sport and just because you may think the heavyweight divison does not feature a prime Ali, Frazier or Liston that it's not a good sport, you are insane.

Ward-Gatti III this past saturday was one of the greatest fights in the ENTIRE HISTORY of boxing. There are several great fighters. There are several great fights too. De La Hoya-Mosley is coming up soon. And to tell you the truth, Lennox Lewis would have had his way against Joe Frazier or Liston.

Your negative ways have shown how little knowledge you truly have.

Tell me how many people are 'excited' by boxing these days?

The heavyweight division is supposed to be the marquee division and it sucks. Period.

My negative ways are showing how little knowledge I have????

Horse racing has been experiencing a period of people not caring. The same thing applies for boxing.

What exactly are you talking about? I am simply giving reality. What are you doing?

Perhaps if I say something negative about rugby you will blast me for that also....

Granted I like the game, but I never get to see it.

Tell me how many people are 'excited' by boxing these days?

There are a lot of people excited about boxing still. Maybe not as many as back in the 70s but boxing is a sport that is known for going through dry periods where great fighters get older than a few years later new ones come out. That is what is happening now.

The heavyweight division is supposed to be the marquee division and it sucks. Period.

It does not "suck" now. There are still many fighters out there who can put on a great performance. You are also witnessing one of the greatest fighter from any era, one of the greatest fighters perhaps of all time in Lennox Lewis, but of course you do not realize that and take him for granted.

My negative ways are showing how little knowledge I have????

Correct.

What exactly are you talking about? I am simply giving reality. What are you doing?

Nope, no you aren't. You always are proven wrong in the end, in everything.

Lewis may be great but most is in speculation....

Unless there is a quality rival its really pointless....boxing is only great if there are fights people want to see....

Lewis vs anyone bores people.

The only fight worthy of any press would be Lewis vs Tyson

or perhaps that other guy who just moved up into the heavyweight class but claims it was a one time deal..forget his name though..

Bottom line...

Boxing and Horse Racing are not what they used to be.

Same thing applies to baseball, althougth baseball is in a healthier position than these two.

The fastest growing sport in this country is NASCAR.

The next fastest growing sport should be soccer, time will tell if the popularity of soccer engulfs this country like in the rest of the world, but of course this is the same question that has been asked for numerous years.

Lewis may be great but most is in speculation....
You just keep on making these comments and showing your brains. Wow, do you look smart now! :rolleyes:

Lewis is great in speculation? The man has just two losses and has come back to knock each man out quicker and more vicious than they knocked him out. He beat Evander Holyfield twice (1st one he won too) Riddick Bowe, a very good heavyweight, dodged Lewis because he was too scared to fight him in Bowe's own prime. He destroyed Mike Tyson. Yes, Mike Tyson was a shell of his former self, but nobody has still ever beaten and handled Tyson like that. He will beat Vitali coming up (and if I recall you love those brothers, yeah they are great :rolleyes: ) There is no case to say he is not great in every sense of the word. He is 6'5'', 255lbs with great power, speed and agility and he outthinks his opponents too. **PLEASE STOP TALKING, YOU MAKE LESS SENSE EACH TIME**

Unless there is a quality rival its really pointless....boxing is only great if there are fights people want to see....
And just because you don't know about or love boxing doesn't mean there aren't great fights happening. This past weekend featured one of the best fights in history. Lewis-Tyson broke pay-per-view numbers. Roy Jones-Ruiz had great sales. Make some sense please...

Lewis vs anyone bores people.
Maybe you, but you have already proven how much you know :rolleyes:
or perhaps that other guy who just moved up into the heavyweight class but claims it was a one time deal..forget his name though..
His name is Roy Jones Jr. Not knowing his name in itself shows your little knowledge. He is perhaps, the GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL-TIME, ANY WEIGHT CLASS! Get a clue.

The fastest growing sport in this country is NASCAR. The next fastest growing sport should be soccer, time will tell if the popularity of soccer engulfs this country like in the rest of the world, but of course this is the same question that has been asked for numerous years.

Nascar is, but thats because of all of middle america. Soccer is not yet, it has not caught on in America very fast and who knows if it will.

Bottom line...

Is that you know nothing and are clueless.

well considering i acknowledged my lack of knowldege on boxing you are correct in all you say....

whats the point?

I am simply going by what I hear and all.....boxing is not as popular as it once was...i have no concrete facts to back it up....

but then again you have not presented them neither.

well considering i acknowledged my lack of knowldege on boxing you are correct in all you say....

Then quit aruging stuff you don't have knowledge of.

whats the point?

You tell me, obviously you don't have one.

I am simply going by what I hear and all.....boxing is not as popular as it once was...i have no concrete facts to back it up....

I have noticed. Don't believe everything you hear either. It has made you look very, well lets just say, uneducated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.