We need offensive help.....

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

this offense needs another bat. we've all heard different names being thrown around, but who do you think the Marlins should acquire?

Beltran then sign him to a long term deal. We were gonna pay Vlady and Javy why not pay him.

Guest Moneyball

There is no way in hell we would ever be able to sign Beltran. We would be giving up most of our best prospects for a half-year rental.

if they tried to sign vlady they'll try to sign a big name.

SEE: Vlady, Javy, Clemens, AROD trade, Fudge

There is no way in hell we would ever be able to sign Beltran. We would be giving up most of our best prospects for a half-year rental.

i think he's suggesting we sign him long term after next season yeah, and I'm saying we'd never be able to sign him. Even if we did, we wouldn't be able to re-sign any of our pitchers. We were never seriously after Vlad, we never went after Lopez, and the ARod thing is a load of crap. Beltran is going to get more money than Vlad anyways.

There is no way in hell we would ever be able to sign Beltran.? We would be giving up most of our best prospects for a half-year rental.

i think he's suggesting we sign him long term after next season yeah, and I'm saying we'd never be able to sign him. Even if we did, we wouldn't be able to re-sign any of our pitchers. We were never seriously after Vlad, we never went after Lopez, and the ARod thing is a load of crap. Beltran is going to get more money than Vlad anyways. true

we'd have to have a contract with very little money in 2005, til Hampton and Pudge's money come off the books

Guest Juanky

Beltran is going to get more money than Vlad anyways.

Somehow, I doubt that heavily. If he ends up with the Red Sox or Yankees, there is no doubt he will. Yeah, please tell me what he will play in NY. They have an all star at every position except 2B. Think Sheff will take one for the team and play second? I don't.

Beltran is going to get more money than Vlad anyways.

Somehow, I doubt that heavily. If he ends up with the Red Sox or Yankees, there is no doubt he will. Yeah, please tell me what he will play in NY. They have an all star at every position except 2B. Think Sheff will take one for the team and play second? I don't. I wouldn't put it past Steinbrenner especially if they don't win the World Series this year. The Red Sox will definitely be after Beltran. Steinbrenner might sign Beltran just make sure the Sox don't get him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did nothing. Other than catcher, I don't see a real "need" position to fill on the field in terms of another bat. Really, if we do, it'll probably be a bench player. We have very good starters at most if not all positions, and to get someone even better, it'll take some top prospects.

Edgar > Nomar

In everything

no way..

in defense and that is about it..

nomar hits for better average and drives in more runs AND hits more bombs..

i dont know about OBP but i'm sure nomar has better slugging than edgar too...

maybe you could say edgar is more "clutch" but many dont even believe in clutch

i think you are just giving edgar more props 'casue he's an ex fish :)

dont get me wrong..edgar is great....but nomar is better....i cant believe i'm about to say this but it seems lately that nomar is underrated

Edgar > Nomar

In everything

no way..

in defense and that is about it..

nomar hits for better average and drives in more runs AND hits more bombs..

i dont know about OBP but i'm sure nomar has better slugging than edgar too...

maybe you could say edgar is more "clutch" but many dont even believe in clutch

i think you are just giving edgar more props 'casue he's an ex fish :)

dont get me wrong..edgar is great....but nomar is better....i cant believe i'm about to say this but it seems lately that nomar is underrated Nomar gets a lot of help from hitting at Fenway. Edgar plays at a pitcher's park.

Nomar gets hurt way more than Edgar also.