Peanut

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

His batting average is falling and he is actually striking out. He always makes contact with the ball and now he's not. He's the key to this team and since he's struggling, the rest of the team is too. We need him to pick it up.

Yeah, I don't know what is going on with JP.

At the beginning of the season he was hitting many line drive singles.

Lately, he is either topping the ball, getting under it, or striking out. He's having a tough time consistently making good contact. It's very unusual for JP.

Pierre should try bunting more...

:notworthy I disagree here...the fielders play way in already and he has to lay down a perfect bunt or hope for a mistake from the fielders, now if he started slapping the ball past the close third baseman then he could start doing it again, but until the infielders back off a little odds are he will have a very difficult time reaching on bunts

:notworthy I disagree here...the fielders play way in already and he has to lay down a perfect bunt or hope for a mistake from the fielders, now if he started slapping the ball past the close third baseman then he could start doing it again, but until the infielders back off a little odds are he will have a very difficult time reaching on bunts he was doing it all of last year. didnt JP lead the league in bunt hits last year? and they would constantly play him to bunt. only thing is he would do it when they dont expect it

:notworthy I disagree here...the fielders play way in already and he has to lay down a perfect bunt or hope for a mistake from the fielders, now if he started slapping the ball past the close third baseman then he could start doing it again, but until the infielders back off a little odds are he will have a very difficult time reaching on bunts ive actually been seeing the 3b back off a little

and even when he has 2 strikes on him

the 3b is waaaaay back and he could really get on base easily if he just lays a bunt there

and the way the offense has been going i would take that chance of him getting the bunt down good...

:notworthy I disagree here...the fielders play way in already and he has to lay down a perfect bunt or hope for a mistake from the fielders, now if he started slapping the ball past the close third baseman then he could start doing it again, but until the infielders back off a little odds are he will have a very difficult time reaching on bunts he was doing it all of last year. didnt JP lead the league in bunt hits last year? and they would constantly play him to bunt. only thing is he would do it when they dont expect it if he would be bunting more than he would have probably be scoring more...he has barely scored any runs this month.

:notworthy I disagree here...the fielders play way in already and he has to lay down a perfect bunt or hope for a mistake from the fielders, now if he started slapping the ball past the close third baseman then he could start doing it again, but until the infielders back off a little odds are he will have a very difficult time reaching on bunts doesnt matter

there are tons of examples of speedy guys like pierre where the defense knows the bunt is coming and it is still a success

everyone knows it, len and tommy have mentioned it before

pierre can bunt forever and be successful a good amount of the time because he is so quick and the defense is so pressured

alex sanchez of the tigers for example, all the guy does is bunt, defense knows it

he still gets on

:notworthy I disagree here...the fielders play way in already and he has to lay down a perfect bunt or hope for a mistake from the fielders, now if he started slapping the ball past the close third baseman then he could start doing it again, but until the infielders back off a little odds are he will have a very difficult time reaching on bunts doesnt matter

there are tons of examples of speedy guys like pierre where the defense knows the bunt is coming and it is still a success

everyone knows it, len and tommy have mentioned it before

pierre can bunt forever and be successful a good amount of the time because he is so quick and the defense is so pressured

alex sanchez of the tigers for example, all the guy does is bunt, defense knows it

he still gets on agreed

and i think our speed was a big part of the reason why the rangers made some errors today...

Basically Pierre is a hunted man.

Teams are doing anything to keep him off base, and if by chance he gets on they do everything in their power to keep him unfortable with his lead.

He needs to learn the Wee Willie Keeler Baltimore Chop, take a proper lead or something to fight back.