Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nomar

Featured Replies

I remember you guys discussed trading for him a while ago. Well, do you think it's possible? The Red Sox will probably trade him. I would give up Nunez, Penny, and some good prospects for him (if we could resign him this offseason).

 

Gonzalez is solid and sometimes spectacular on defense, but he's a liability on offense. Even when he gets on a hot streak, he becomes a mediocre hitting shortshop. 10 guys on our offensively challenged team have a higher OPS than Sea Bass, and he is third on the team in strikeouts. And oh by the way, nine walks all season.

 

This team needs a spark. They just don't seem to believe they can win. Matt Stairs or Brad Wilkerson won't make them believe. Nomar Garciaparra would.

I proposed thee two deals in another thread:

 

Pavano and Sea Bass for Nomar and Timlin

 

or

 

Penny and Sea Bass for Nomar and Williamson

 

Williamson got injured the other day so this may not work. Pavano/Nomar are both FA's so that's the only reason I want more for Penny.

IF we trade Pavano and/or Penny this year, it won't be for Nomar.

 

it would be a rebuilding trade, due to us being out of the race.

 

The way we are playing, it could happend.

I rather trade with pittsburgh...

 

Marlins get:

Craig Wilson

Oliver Perez

 

Pirates get:

Brad Penny

Abrham Nunez

*Maybe a prospect*

I rather trade with pittsburgh...

 

Marlins get:

Craig Wilson

Oliver Perez

 

Pirates get:

Brad Penny

Abrham Nunez

*Maybe a prospect*

437602[/snapback]

I'd want to get Mesa before Perez.

Are you all nuts?

 

The Pirates wont give up Perez AND Wilson for that - those are two very good young players that are getting it done right now. And for cheap.

 

Nomar is very suspect in my opinion. I dont think he is the same player he was and he is making a lot of money. I wouldnt give up a whole lot for him - but I would eat his contract and take a stab at it. But we would most certainly have to give up Sea Bass for him because we cant play him with Nomar there AND the Red Sux need D badly. Very badly.

We might have a shot at Nomar. Gammons has been saying that Nomar will not be a redsox next season. Last season Boston was interested in Penny, maybe we can work something out.

marlins get:

johnny damon, mike timlin, nomar

 

red sox get:

isotopes, nunez

We might have a shot at Nomar. Gammons has been saying that Nomar will not be a redsox next season. Last season Boston was interested in Penny, maybe we can work something out.

 

 

please do not mention gammons on this board.

I wouldn't trade Penny for Nomar straight up. Actually I wouldn't want to trade any of our major parts from our existing team for Nomar just for the simple fact that we wouldn't be able to resign Nomar anyway. If you want to trade for a young player like Mark Texeira who you could hold on to for a couple years than that would be a different story.

marlins get:

johnny damon, mike timlin, nomar

 

red sox get:

isotopes, nunez

 

 

red sox also get cash.

marlins get:

johnny damon, mike timlin, nomar

 

red sox get:

isotopes, nunez

437626[/snapback]

they can have the Isotopes roster, but not Isotopes Park or the affiliation.

but seriously if a trade is not made in a week the damage will be unreversable the team would have been demoralized enough to finally quick. a trade MUST happen in the 3-5 days.

they can have the Isotopes roster, but not Isotopes Park or the affiliation.

 

ofcourse not

I think Beinfest will have some move tonight or tomorrow before/during the game.

437663[/snapback]

 

*snore*

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.