Do you believe in curses?

Hollyberry

I'm not one to believe in such things, but sometimes you can't help but to wonder if something else is a work with the cases of the Cubs and the Red Sox, but I must say, I do like rubbing in the curse of the goat in Cubs fans' faces.

445242[/snapback]

It's fun. :)

I'm not one to believe in such things, but sometimes you can't help but to wonder if something else is a work with the cases of the Cubs and the Red Sox, but I must say, I do like rubbing in the curse of the goat in Cubs fans' faces.

445242[/snapback]

It's fun. :)

445275[/snapback]

That is so true.

Guest Juanky

The curse exists for sure. It's all in their heads, and you can see their cursed players playing out the certain outcome of the games. They know they are cursed, so in the back in their mind when one little thing goes wrong, it's over with. That's when you see the problems start occurring.

Curses are a mental thing. It's not magical or anything, but it definitely exists.

445584[/snapback]

^^^^Hit the nail on the head, when the idea gets stuck into you're head it just kind of starts to happen because it is always there. It's kind of like when someone is struggling, but htey know they are a good hitter and there is no real good explanation why he is struggling. That being a short term 'curse'

Guest Juanky

It isn't such a "curse" as it is a psychological flaw. Look at what happen the second the whole Bartman thing went down Game 6 last year. Prior lost control. Gonzalez lost his glove. Dusty forgot what was happening. And it carried over into the next game as well. The Cubs were a team defeated mostly by the Marlins, but also partly by their own heads.

Plays like Bill Buckner's error and Bartman's foul ball aren't the curse in themselves. The curse happens immediately after, when that play keeps ringing in the players' heads. When the first mistake happens after, you know it's over.

Just to clarify.....it is widely agreed that Mookie would have beaten Buckner to the bag even if he fielded it cleanly...so the results would have been the same

and I say, that if curses do actually exist....baseball would be the perfect place to find them. There is something spiritual about the game and I wouldnt be surprised if "baseball magic" existed

Guest Juanky

Just to clarify.....it is widely agreed that Mookie would have beaten Buckner to the bag even if he fielded it cleanly...so the results would have been the same

447165[/snapback]

Um, wasn't the runner on second base? The result wouldn't have been the same. And besides, Buckner could have tossed it to the pitcher. And they don't have to go ahead and lose again the next game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.