Pro Player just shown on VH1

fishywishy

I'm mad they did an I love the '90s. Its too early. We can't really laugh at some of the fashions etc.

I love the '80s was great.

460049[/snapback]

Yeah, I hear that. I had to turn it off because I was getting depressed at how fast time has passed. Feels like all that stuff just happened.

Next will be: "I Love Yesterday."

460058[/snapback]

Well, if you've ever seen "Best Week Ever", that's basically what it is.

I didn't think the fact that it's only 2004 was going to hurt this series, but I was wrong.

With I love the 80's, it was like "oh yeah! I remember that!" But with I love the 90's, at least after like '92 for me, it's been more "holy crap! It's already been 10 years since that happened?" The 80's series fed on nostalgia, the 70's series was frankly before most of our time, but still fed on nostalgia. The 90's is anti-nostalgia. I'm not ready to feel nostalgaic about most this stuff. Most of it feels like it just happened, and the fact that it actually happened like 10 years ago isn't making me nostalgaic, it's making me depressed.

1800s isnt a decade....

461082[/snapback]

A) There's no law on the books that says they have to do it decade by decade. I mean how much happened between 1800 and 1810 that people would actually know about? I can't even name one thing. And I've been thinking about it for 5 minutes now. Which is sad.

B) VH1 came up with the concept of I Love The 1800's, not me, so it must be fine by them.

1800s isnt a decade....

461082[/snapback]

A) There's no law on the books that says they have to do it decade by decade. I mean how much happened between 1800 and 1810 that people would actually know about? I can't even name one thing. And I've been thinking about it for 5 minutes now. Which is sad.

461449[/snapback]

Um, the Lousisiana Purchase?

So much for that dook education.

1800s isnt a decade....

461082[/snapback]

461449[/snapback]

461451[/snapback]

What about the Napoleonic Wars. :o

1800s isnt a decade....

461082[/snapback]

461449[/snapback]

461451[/snapback]

Damn, I was sure that was pre-1800. You win.

And the Napoleonic Wars don't count. These shows are about America. Come on, Beinfest, you can do better than that.

Guest Juanky

The Napoleonic Wars involved America indirectly.

And how about the House deciding a presidential election for something important that happened in the 1800s. Along with that whole Lewis and Clark thing.

And let me double check if one thing I think happened happened then.