The Good Reverend

Ice Man

man, the media really ripped into this guy. My god. he so did not deserve this at all. they were calling him all kinds of names and almost making fun of him. Christ, you'd think it was comedy central.

I know he went on to long just jabbering, but he felt what he was talking about. Another thing that pissed me off was that Kerry had to hurry his speech along at the end because time was running out. I don't like Kerry, but seriously, What the f*** was that?

And more importantly, whats with the thumb. Seems like the clinton thumb is alive and well with John Ritter....err Edwards and Kerry.

when he spoke in Greenville--near Furman (I believe it was before the Dem. primary debate), some of my black friends joked about how they only wanted to see him because of his hair. And these were intelligent, educated people...not some middle-schoolers who were just trying to be funny. I think two or three of them were active in the Student League for Black Culture at Furman....the fact is, even many blacks to dont take him seriously.

Al Sharpton's speech was designed to motivate the poor black vote. Those who still believe the "white men" oppresses them. I thought it was one long scream and it made me cringe. But I liked the fact that the Democrats gave him that important slot and took a risk they have never taken before.

Kerry planned/designed a speech too long for the time slot. He should have handed whatever points he wanted to make to a pro who wouldn't have botched it, or at least would have designed something with "optional" talking points scattered throuh the later 2/3's of the speech that could be omitted or included depending on how the actual pacing was going.

486050[/snapback]

I just have to laugh as this is coming from someone who supports Bush, the King of butchering.

I think whats greater joke is how Bush is trying to get the black vote. I liken it to the devil telling a christian that jesus has taken him for granted so he should sell his soul to the devil. Why dont you actually try and address their concerns? I know I know, there would be no point.

I thought Sharpton, though sharp tongued, was still effective. He was speaking to a certain group.

Jesse Jackson: the pride of Greenville, SC :plain

still can't get Greenville County to make Martin Luther King Day an official holiday! :lol he brings it up all the time, and gets shut down in his face

486952[/snapback]

As much as you may hate Al Sharpton Furman, that should be a source of embarrassment, not a joke.

no, I think more should follow Greenville in this....

no other individual has a national holiday named after them....none (ok, Christopher Columbus...but only banks and DMVs celebrate that). Instead, a holiday should be created...but it should be Civil Rights Day...why not celebrate ALL civil rights activists...MLK wasn't the 1st, nor was he the last...and there are also MANY more minorities than blacks....I think it's pretty narrow-minded to make a holiday for MLK, Jr.

I think whats greater joke is how Bush is trying to get the black vote. I liken it to the devil telling a christian that jesus has taken him for granted so he should sell his soul to the devil. Why dont you actually try and address their concerns? I know I know, there would be no point.

I thought Sharpton, though sharp tongued, was still effective. He was speaking to a certain group.

486283[/snapback]

I think Bush has given up on the black vote. He turned down the NAACP speaking invitation. None of them were going to vote for him anyways.

Really guys, we're fighting the war with Al Queda, but we're losing the war to Al Sharpton.

Really guys, we're fighting the war with Al Queda, but we're losing the war to Al Sharpton.

487974[/snapback]

Dude, that's like a Jesse Jackson quote. Some Bizarro Universe quote, but pure Jesse all the way.

488077[/snapback]

Actually that's from the Chappelle Show. :lol

There are plenty of family oriented African American groups that believe in family values and back Bush, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most African-Americans follow the NAACP (National Association of Always Complaining People) and the Rainbow/Push.

what black folk would it be? and how do you know that the black folk i know are different than the people Sharpton is going after?

489270[/snapback]

And what do you know about the people Al Sharpton was trying to reach? Does it fit your friends? Did your friends even watch him?

hell yah my friends watched him. It's f***ing Greenville, SC. And it was a Democratic primary debate...I'd say a couple people showed up.

489300[/snapback]

Well I guess ALL "black folk" don't take Al Sharpton seriously because your friends in Greenville, SC think so. :mischief

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.