Met Mike Lowell today!!

BaseballMom

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted in a while, but do visit the boards almost daily and appreciate all the information from this board. I have learned so much about the Marlins and baseball in general..I am so glad I found this board!!

Anyhow, took my 6 year old to the Coral Square today and met Mike!! He was soooooooo nice and there really wasn't a big crowd. I thought it would have been packed....but it was great and he was really personable and took the time to talk to everyone. My son was soooooooo excited!! Got some cool new baseball cards and had a great time!

I will post pics as soon as I get them developed!

Thanks for the info about this....

This is the first time we went to a signing....my husband doesn't like to pay for autographs...but Mikey is my favorite and my son begged me...so we went.

It was $39 for flats and balls. However, there were lots of people taking pictures with him that didn't pay to get anything signed. He really was very talkative and because it wasn't crowded you weren't rushed away and could really stand there and have a conversation with him. Like I said we haven't gone before so I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a positive experience (other than paying $39 for an autograph..LOL).

so was it pretty expensive for autographs, or were you allowed to freely talk to him or did they charge you for that too?

486962[/snapback]

get it when hes going to his car u dorks

487046[/snapback]

It's been tried, they're under contract...not the smartest thing to do if your a ballplayer that wants to not breach their autograph contract with a company. A couple months ago , I heard Cabrera wouldnt even take a picture with people on the way to his car let alone sign.

get it when hes going to his car u dorks

487046[/snapback]

It's been tried, they're under contract...not the smartest thing to do if your a ballplayer that wants to not breach their autograph contract with a company. A couple months ago , I heard Cabrera wouldnt even take a picture with people on the way to his car let alone sign.

487059[/snapback]

ive done it plentey of times when i was 13-15 yrs old

I was at the signing today as well, not sure if you saw me but I was the only one there wearing a Marlins hat. Mike was really nice, I told him I was a season ticket holder and he thought that was cool, after he signed my ball I took 2 pictures with him. The flash on my camera was screwed up so Mike and I were next to each other for like 2 minute waiting for my mom to get the flash to work, he had to hold his fake smile the whole time lol. I didn't even know they were having a card show or anything so I was pretty surprised that it was a huge event, lots of card collectors and stuff were there.

Here is a picture of Mike and I...

Damn Accord, they had a card show too?

488229[/snapback]

Yup, I didn't even know it until I got there. It was a really huge card show, the little table wear Mike Lowell was signing was in the back corner and most people didn't even realize he was there, lol.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.