CUBS: HERNANDEZ PLAYS SS

he played SS today and? took over for agon for a few innings...

what could this mean?? why didnt they just play him at 3rd?

cuz they didnt wanna play him a 3B... no sh*t.

but why would they do that. What I mean if you didnt figure it out yet, is do the cubs still need a thirdbaseman?

he played SS today and?? took over for agon for a few innings...

but why would they do that. What I mean if you didnt figure it out yet, is do the cubs still need a thirdbaseman? Give Gonzo a dayoff?Doesn't mean anything yet until it becomes routine.

but why would they do that. What I mean if you didnt figure it out yet, is do the cubs still need a thirdbaseman? no it doesnt they just gave Alex a day off now chill wow

but why would they do that. What I mean if you didnt figure it out yet, is do the cubs still need a thirdbaseman? Give Gonzo a dayoff?Doesn't mean anything yet until it becomes routine. huh?? what do you mean they gave him the day off? he had 3 abs and a HR in a 12 to 3 BLOWOUT they lost to the CWS. Hernandez relieved him later during the game.

Why didnt they just start hernandez at 3rd? he was supposed to be their replacement and make them better at 3rd right?

it seems to me that the cubs are STILL NOT COMFORTABLE with the situation at 3rd. Hernandez is just a stop gap guy. If they were comfortable and satisfied with what they got, then why didnt they just start him? or put him at 3rd for a few innings during a blowout so he can get used to the position once again?

They might still make some kind of run for lowell, maybe not as desperately as before, but they will keep the offers coming.

Its only one game, but it was indeed a blowout.. it wouldnt have hurt to test him out at 3rd so he can get used to it.

who cares if the Cubs want Lowell (which is what JPierre is hinting at)? What matters is if we want to trade Lowell. Cubs cant just go get Lowell. We kinda have to agree to stuff.

Who cares anyhow! Cabs just hit a gamewinning HR...D-Willy is pitching tomorrow....its the effing season! Come on now. Trades will take care of themselves.

I'm excited to see the power part of our lineup tonite....8 and 9 spots (D-Willy has a heck of a swing!).

They have both crused the ball tonight. Cabs hit one to dead center just in front of the track, and D-Willy crushed one into LF, but got under it too much to put it out...