We have one putrid offense.

babaru

I want to hear any reasons you can come up with for this performance from our "Major League" ball club. I have never been so disgusted watching a ball game before in my life, and to waste such a performance from our best pitcher this year against the best lineup in the Majors is completely unacceptable, this is the game were supposed to win. Jeff suppan what can i say about this Gem of a pitcher, yeah thats right, nothing. ONE hit, just one, and not even from LoDuca or Lowell but from A-Gon, thats ok good job. Now fade away into Oblivion as we loose all this talent to "contenders" as Lowell put it so bluntly. we wont see this team again next year it just wont happen, yeah they might sign a few of them to keep us happy but nothing worth while. in other words, they'll give away pudge and hope for sucess. Whatever, I've always been a fan and i always will be but god damn what a poor excuse for an offense.

Guest Juanky

Suppan is a good pitcher.....But the offense is lacking.

I have a serious question. I think Easley has ONE hit in PH situations all year. WHY does he continue to pinch hit? Why not Mordy, or Mike Redmond, or someone else? Or Lenny? Steve Kline wasn't gonna be ready in time.

Just got around to watching the game. Talk about starting off a morning wrong.

Breaking news: The offense STILL sucks.

Hell, it may have been worse, we atleast got some walks and extended counts from Choi and Redmond, and Castillo and Lowell

Why has Beinfest invested so much in speed if McKeon never uses them? Gun-shy I guess.

imo, the lineup is built pretty poorly.

not enough OBP and not nearly enough SLG. "small ball" can only score so many runs.

that said, with runners in scoring position, theyre underperforming majorly. early in the season, i wanted to write that off as statistical error, but its becoming ridiculous now. there has to be something inherently wrong with our situational hitting...maybe this offseason we can go shopping for a hitting coach.

Guest Juanky

What has Enc done to deserve all the hate?

He's doing alright for a 7 hitter while he's been on the club. He gets hits, he gets to balls Miguel couldn't in right. We can't have Vlad patrolling out there right now, so deal with it.

He's doing alright for a 7 hitter while he's been on the club. He gets hits, he gets to balls Miguel couldn't in right. We can't have Vlad patrolling out there right now, so deal with it.

508614[/snapback]

You must be joking. Since Enc joined the team he's hitting .219 with a grand total of 1 extra base hit (a 2b). I might be willing to deal with his terrible batting average and OBP if he hit for any type of power. Easley is definitely an upgrade offensively. I don't want to hear about Enc's great defense. What has been our problem all year offense or defense?

Guest Juanky

508614[/snapback]

You must be joking. Since Enc joined the team he's hitting .219 with a grand total of 1 extra base hit (a 2b). I might be willing to deal with his terrible batting average and OBP if he hit for any type of power. Easley is definitely an upgrade offensively. I don't want to hear about Enc's great defense. What has been our problem all year offense or defense?

508632[/snapback]

I'm sure you were perfectly fine with all of the adventures in right field starring everyone's favorite pothead wannabe

It would 5x worse at least with Easley there.

Defense wins ballgames. Sorry, I'll keep Enc in right.

Oh, and I believe both Mikey and Miguel are hitting worse than Enc in the past week or so. So, um, yeah.

I'm sure you were perfectly fine with all of the adventures in right field starring everyone's favorite pothead wannabe

508911[/snapback]

Cabrera won a lot more games with his bat than he lost with his glove.

It would 5x worse at least with Easley there.

Easley really hasn't been that bad at 1st base, and it would only be temporary until Cordero comes back.

Defense wins ballgames. Sorry, I'll keep Enc in right.

Scoring runs win ballgames. Pitching and defense win championships, and we don't need to worry about championships until we actually get a winning streak longer than 2 games.

Oh, and I believe both Mikey and Miguel are hitting worse than Enc in the past week or so. So, um, yeah.

The point is, when the trade went down everyone said that Enc would be better now that he returned to the marlins. The fact of the matter is, he has been worse.

Guest Juanky

Cabrera won a lot more games with his bat than he lost with his glove.

Did he? I can think of 5 games off the top of my head with no sleep he had a big part in losing in right, plus I'm missing a couple for sure.

Easley really hasn't been that bad at 1st base, and it would only be temporary until Cordero comes back.

Yeah, Easley was absolutely horrendous at first. He's played all of two innings in the outfield in his career. And Wil Cordero? Even if he does come back, what do you want, another routine fly ball turned into a grand slam?

Scoring runs win ballgames. Pitching and defense win championships, and we don't need to worry about championships until we actually get a winning streak longer than 2 games.

Being on base is equated with scoring right? Enc's OBP since joining is .324. Not bad for a 7 man IMO.

The point is, when the trade went down everyone said that Enc would be better now that he returned to the marlins. The fact of the matter is, he has been worse.

I thought .324 was bigger than .289?

Guest Juanky

.324 is still nothing to write home about. The .250 slugging percentage is just ridiculous. I think it's safe to say a .574 OPS is not going to cut it.

509191[/snapback]

I can see your point, but with this "what have you done for me lately" attitude you are taking with Enc why aren't you bashing Miguel and Mikey? They are doing absolutely horrendous lately.

.324 is still nothing to write home about.? The .250 slugging percentage is just ridiculous.? I think it's safe to say a .574 OPS is not going to cut it.

509191[/snapback]

I can see your point, but with this "what have you done for me lately" attitude you are taking with Enc why aren't you bashing Miguel and Mikey? They are doing absolutely horrendous lately.

509426[/snapback]

No, I am not. He was terrible with the Dodgers and that has continued since he joined us.